Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th February 2016, 19:11   #1
woody12

MG ZT 2.5

Default Engine judder ZT 160+

Evening all a while since I have posted but anyway decided to keep my ZT 160+ had it free and haven't spent a lot of money on it. Not sure if it had the juddering problem before as I had it as the slave cylinder was shot. I have replaced the master and slave cylinder and whilst I had the gear box off I also renewed the clutch. When taking off from a stand still I get judder to the extent it makes the the exhaust bounce around and rattle against the members. Replaced all the engine mounts and gear box mounts. The lower engine mount was completely shot. Whats the consensus guys I'm thinking either gear box (although no whining) or dual mass fly wheel (my guess). The problem also exists in reverse gear as well as first wether cold or warm. The cars had ten owners from new and I reckon its had a hammering. Also have a question about the K&N filter fitted but I will open a new thread. The car could have been a class leader if a little more effort was put into it, I really like it.

David.
woody12 is offline   Reply With Quote