Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th February 2012, 10:44   #1
petergw60
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT

Default New Android unit - steering wheel controls

Hi,
Am in the process of fitting my nice new Android unit which so far apears to work much better that the DD unit I had before!
Problem is - how do I get the steering wheel controls to work? On the old DD unit I spliced in a connection to two wires on the DD. I have these wires loose at the moment and have received a patch lead - but what are the connections please!??
petergw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 11:38   #2
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergw60 View Post
Hi,
Am in the process of fitting my nice new Android unit which so far apears to work much better that the DD unit I had before!
Problem is - how do I get the steering wheel controls to work? On the old DD unit I spliced in a connection to two wires on the DD. I have these wires loose at the moment and have received a patch lead - but what are the connections please!??
Its a similar job on the androids.

connect the white from the patch lead to the blue and purple in cars loom, then the pink from the patch lead to the blue and orange in the cars loom.
The mode button on the steering wheel doesnt seem to work, other people have had the same issue but wasnt really a problem for me.
handyjackdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 13:42   #3
petergw60
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels View Post
Its a similar job on the androids.

connect the white from the patch lead to the blue and purple in cars loom, then the pink from the patch lead to the blue and orange in the cars loom.
The mode button on the steering wheel doesnt seem to work, other people have had the same issue but wasnt really a problem for me.
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately don't have a pink wire on the patch lead (as supplied by Sean). There is a white wire on it's own plug that goes into the resistive modue so I assume that is the one to connect to the blue/purple wire in the loom.. There is a grey (gnd) and red (maintained supply) lead - this seems to go through a diode so is this the one to patch onto? If so which side of the diode do I connect (resistive module side or the iso connector side)?
petergw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 14:19   #4
stevesav
Gets stuck in

rover 75 1.8T Classic

Hi Pete, cant help with the wiring, but am glad you have got your unit at last, am sure you will have lots of fun with it.