Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2017, 19:34   #31
Hootbleet
Avid contributor

2004 75 Saloon Connoisseur SE CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagger View Post
Hootbleet check out the links in my signature.

One other area that can give a flickering intermittent dash battery light, is the two wires that come off the FBH sensor.

You'll have to take the bumper off again, and locate the sensor that is on a bracket lower slam panel, not the bumper one.

Look up and the two wires from the sensor run into the loom (in-between the radiator and the slam panel ) that supplies the fog lamps and indicators.These are subject to a lot of road moisture and corrode very easily.If memory serves one is yellow brown the other green. Also check the terminals on the sensor itself for corrosion, as they and chafed wiring can be subject to intermittent contact whilst on the move.

Snagger.

Thanks snagger, if we're talking about the same sensor, then I checked that yesterday and re-insulated the cables. Round sensor about 2p size with the same connector type as the alternator? Looks like it runs back along to the horn area, which I couldn't check due to fading light.

Looks like I may have to go through them all again 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hootbleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 20:27   #32
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Very annoying I know Graham but as you know myself and Ron have both been down this road
I'm out of ideas now but it does seem to be the case your obd shows an adequate charging rate even though yr dashboard charging light says the contrary so I guess it could be said progress has been made
Keep us posted buddy
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 20:30   #33
Snagger
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT CLUB SE 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootbleet View Post
Thanks snagger, if we're talking about the same sensor, then I checked that yesterday and re-insulated the cables. Round sensor about 2p size with the same connector type as the alternator? Looks like it runs back along to the horn area, which I couldn't check due to fading light.

Looks like I may have to go through them all again 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's the one, they both run back up to the grey multiplug in front of the washer bottle., check either side of this plug for frays as well. (Pull the sensor plug on and off a few times to clean the connection of any corrosion) .

It then disappears into the inner wing via a grommet behind the washer bottle (another chafe point.It comes out of the rear of the inner wing roughly in line with the bottom edge of the windscreen, and joins the loom running under the dash high up in the bulkhead where the firelining stops, then splices onto the ignition switch connection, and then into the main loom above the plenum chamber, and onto the ECU.

Where the loom crosses over the wing behind the headlight is a favorite spot for chafing as well.If you find any here, after repairing cut a small piece of hosepipe in half and bind to the loom where it meets the wing, to protect from further damage.

Hope you find your fault, took me a long time.

Snagger.

How to remove CDT alternator from top & side :-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=199608

Battery charge light problems on a diesel ?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...3&postcount=64

Diesel charging FBH voltage supply diagram

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ght=cdt+charge

How to identify voltage regulator type diesel

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...56&postcount=3

Snagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 17:21   #34
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

Just a thought, but is it not possible to do some resistance measurements on the relevant wiring, maybe find which wire, going where, is faulting, or even eliminate wiring fault ?
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote