Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th May 2015, 16:37   #1
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Default The Post Office check and send service for passport applications..

Any members used this service ? and if so what is the service ?.

I went to my post office today to get 4 applications sent off and was offered the service, it cost £9.70 per application (or there about's) but from what I could make out all it involved was the person behind the counter looking at the form and then sending it on...

Hardly seems worth the extra cost. Anyone used it ?.
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 16:47   #2
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros3 View Post
Any members used this service ? and if so what is the service ?.

I went to my post office today to get 4 applications sent off and was offered the service, it cost £9.70 per application (or there about's) but from what I could make out all it involved was the person behind the counter looking at the form and then sending it on...

Hardly seems worth the extra cost. Anyone used it ?.
My wife and daughters have just used it. They picked up that my one daughter was about to turn 16 and therefore not eligible for a child passport. We waited for a week, re-submitted and all three have their new passports now. They also picked up that one signature was over the line and might be rejected. Saves time and money if all the bits are not 100%.

We have used the same process for visa applications at the home office-a lot more expensive, but a lot more to lose if something is wrong.

Well worth the expense, as I am sure it is fast tracked as well.

Craig.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 18:10   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I used to take passport photos, and the number of people who would come in, complaining that the ones they had done in the booths that were rejected by the passport office was unreal. People would hope that the machines couldnt go wrong, but most cases, the flash would cause issues with highlights on skin or glasses. Having their application donw at the post office, would have saved them a lot of time and hassle. Which along with peace of mind is what the service is about.

I used the service myself, ('twas £6 then), purely for peace of mind, because I needed my passport in three months time. If I hadnt used the post office service, there could have been a possibility of rejection, and with applications taking up to 6 weeks at the time, I would be cutting it fine for my holiday.

If you do have it rejected after the post office have approved it, then you can go back to them, and complain. One of my customers, had their application fast tracked and paid for by the post office, because it was declined by the passport office, after using the post office service.

If you are not in a hurry (allow a minimum of 12 weeks) then save the money, and do it yourself, but have a passport photo taken by a person (local chemist, or Jessops etc). If you need the passport in less time, i would suggest pay the post office for the service.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 18:17   #4
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

We got out first passports last year but didn't pay the post office for the check.
We weren't in a rush but it didn't take to long to get them even after one of our daughters was rejected for her signature.

I had to goto Glasgow for my interview and the wife went to dalmellington for here. Kids didn't need them but wouldn't release there passports until ours had been approved.
Old 8th May 2015, 18:34   #5
Ratty
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

I have used this service. came back incorrectly filled out, went back to PO got my money back & done myself with NO problems.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 19:09   #6
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

I used it last year. The photos taken at the Post Office which they approved were rejected by the Passport Office. The Post Office was very evasive about returning the fee and claimed I had to get a letter from the Passport Office.

My friend who was a postmaster said this was rubbish and I should have been refunded.

Suffice to say I dont use that particular Post Office anymore.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 19:26   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I used it a few years ago as I needed my passport quickly, paid the fee and there were no issues, there may not have been anyway but I wondered at the time if the passport office were a little more relaxed if sent via the post office?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 19:44   #8
hgv2
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

When I renewed my passport about 8 years ago I did it on line. If you have had a passport before it lets you fill out the forms and even tells you if you have done it wrong. You then print it off, send your new photo and your old passport and hey presto your new one arrives 10 days later
hgv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 19:49   #9
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgv2 View Post
When I renewed my passport about 8 years ago I did it on line. If you have had a passport before it lets you fill out the forms and even tells you if you have done it wrong. You then print it off, send your new photo and your old passport and hey presto your new one arrives 10 days later
Hats ok for renewals not for your first one.
Old 9th May 2015, 20:01   #10
hgv2
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
Hats ok for renewals not for your first one.
Yes I guess so. If it's your first passport they some times call you in (randomly) for an interview, happened to my niece.
hgv2 is offline   Reply With Quote