PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Burning Heater

davepitch
3rd December 2014, 09:23
Do the fuel burning heaters just assist in easy starting in cold weather or do they warm up car interior? Thanks Dave

wesley
3rd December 2014, 09:37
fbh doesnt assist in cold starting in its standard form. what it does is to get the engine up to temp faster.

there are varius ways the fbh can be started before you get into the car though, from a simple switch to a gsm call. this will give you a relitively warm engine when you are ready to start the car

at the same time there is a dead simple a mod can be done to switch on the interier heating system so that the cabin can be warmed up as well.

theres lots of stuff on here about how to do it though i cant think of the pages needed at the moment, a search should provide all the info you need :)

davepitch
3rd December 2014, 10:00
Wesley thanks for your reply Im trying to find a link to the mod you mention but the search facility is not that good on the forum. Dave

wesley
3rd December 2014, 15:35
Wesley thanks for your reply Im trying to find a link to the mod you mention but the search facility is not that good on the forum. Dave

try http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201985 :)

and specificly post 20 on this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=158997&highlight=relay

my friend who sent me the diagram in post 20 lives in wolverhampton and says he would help if needed as you are nearbye in telford.

maxxpump
3rd December 2014, 15:57
fbh doesnt assist in cold starting in its standard form. what it does is to get the engine up to temp faster.

there are varius ways the fbh can be started before you get into the car though, from a simple switch to a gsm call. this will give you a relitively warm engine when you are ready to start the car

at the same time there is a dead simple a mod can be done to switch on the interier heating system so that the cabin can be warmed up as well.

theres lots of stuff on here about how to do it though i cant think of the pages needed at the moment, a search should provide all the info you need :)

Sorry the post hadn't appeared when I started writing the message? this forums been right on acting up on me in the last few weeks!

Best regards and seasons greetings (Oh no, not a again....BAH HUM BUGS BUNNY)

:xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::noel::snowfight1::snowball::icon_lol::xmas-smiley-007::christmas:

wesley
3rd December 2014, 19:48
Could you point me to this mod as well as I have searched extensively on this forum for the aforementioned mod you stated and never found it! Could you point us in the right direction please????

Best regards and seasons greetings (Oh no, not a again....BAH HUM BUGS BUNNY)

:xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::noel::snowfight1::snowball::icon_lol::xmas-smiley-007::christmas:

please see post 4 above :)

Arctic
4th December 2014, 00:00

Hi Dave
take a look in the are rest cubby hole you will be surprised and find a timer there.

Kiltman
4th December 2014, 05:32
Don't think you need a mod to have the heating come on at the same time? I just leave the heater on the setting I want the night before and hey presto, it comes on with the FBH.

Arctic
4th December 2014, 09:09
Don't think you need a mod to have the heating come on at the same time? I just leave the heater on the setting I want the night before and hey presto, it comes on with the FBH.

Hi Charlie.
Correct but I think you have to have the programmable automatic heating facility which Dave as, in the owners handbook it is known as Parking Heater.

He will need to get familiar with it if he is going to use it that way, as it utilises the car interior heating and ventilation system settings, so he would need set the individual temperature controls to 22c (72 F) press the auto button mode.

If he uses the program the heater will then operate until the preset running time as elapsed heating and maintain the car's interior, he also needs to avoid repeated operation of the parking heater as this can discharge the battery.

SO Dave take a look in the car owners manual section 1 page 46 -52 Arctic

davepitch
7th December 2014, 16:11
Thanks guys for the input have been so busy havent had time to play with the settings yet but will sort it this week in an effort to get brownie points off wife who leaves the home early to start work. Dave

James.uk
7th December 2014, 16:26
On my car there are no programmes for the FBH. But fortunately Starman gave me two remote on/off switches. I can't turn the heating on, but it's nice to have warm air available the minute I start the engine innit.. :Snow:

Thanks again "Starman" :xmas-smiley-007:...