Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2014, 09:23   #1
davepitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Fuel Burning Heater

Do the fuel burning heaters just assist in easy starting in cold weather or do they warm up car interior? Thanks Dave
davepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:37   #2
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

fbh doesnt assist in cold starting in its standard form. what it does is to get the engine up to temp faster.

there are varius ways the fbh can be started before you get into the car though, from a simple switch to a gsm call. this will give you a relitively warm engine when you are ready to start the car

at the same time there is a dead simple a mod can be done to switch on the interier heating system so that the cabin can be warmed up as well.

theres lots of stuff on here about how to do it though i cant think of the pages needed at the moment, a search should provide all the info you need
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:00   #3
davepitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Wesley thanks for your reply Im trying to find a link to the mod you mention but the search facility is not that good on the forum. Dave
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:35   #4
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepitch View Post
Wesley thanks for your reply Im trying to find a link to the mod you mention but the search facility is not that good on the forum. Dave
try http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=201985

and specificly post 20 on this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ighlight=relay

my friend who sent me the diagram in post 20 lives in wolverhampton and says he would help if needed as you are nearbye in telford.

Last edited by wesley; 3rd December 2014 at 15:45..
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:57   #5
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post
fbh doesnt assist in cold starting in its standard form. what it does is to get the engine up to temp faster.

there are varius ways the fbh can be started before you get into the car though, from a simple switch to a gsm call. this will give you a relitively warm engine when you are ready to start the car

at the same time there is a dead simple a mod can be done to switch on the interier heating system so that the cabin can be warmed up as well.

theres lots of stuff on here about how to do it though i cant think of the pages needed at the moment, a search should provide all the info you need
Sorry the post hadn't appeared when I started writing the message? this forums been right on acting up on me in the last few weeks!

Best regards and seasons greetings (Oh no, not a again....BAH HUM BUGS BUNNY)

:xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024:

Last edited by maxxpump; 4th December 2014 at 09:28..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:48   #6
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Could you point me to this mod as well as I have searched extensively on this forum for the aforementioned mod you stated and never found it! Could you point us in the right direction please????

Best regards and seasons greetings (Oh no, not a again....BAH HUM BUGS BUNNY)

:xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024::xmas-smiley-024:

please see post 4 above
Old 4th December 2014, 00:00   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepitch View Post

Hi Dave
take a look in the are rest cubby hole you will be surprised and find a timer there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC19927.jpg (114.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 2362.jpg (131.3 KB, 49 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 05:32   #8
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

Don't think you need a mod to have the heating come on at the same time? I just leave the heater on the setting I want the night before and hey presto, it comes on with the FBH.
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 09:09   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
Don't think you need a mod to have the heating come on at the same time? I just leave the heater on the setting I want the night before and hey presto, it comes on with the FBH.
Hi Charlie.
Correct but I think you have to have the programmable automatic heating facility which Dave as, in the owners handbook it is known as Parking Heater.

He will need to get familiar with it if he is going to use it that way, as it utilises the car interior heating and ventilation system settings, so he would need set the individual temperature controls to 22c (72 F) press the auto button mode.

If he uses the program the heater will then operate until the preset running time as elapsed heating and maintain the car's interior, he also needs to avoid repeated operation of the parking heater as this can discharge the battery.

SO Dave take a look in the car owners manual section 1 page 46 -52 Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2014, 16:11   #10
davepitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks guys for the input have been so busy havent had time to play with the settings yet but will sort it this week in an effort to get brownie points off wife who leaves the home early to start work. Dave