PDA

View Full Version : 75/ZT In Car System with GPS DVD Plug and Play

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

eastydl
8th May 2010, 16:44
Hi, has anyone got the DVB-T working? Does anyone have the full list of the settings required?
Thanks in advance

stux99
8th May 2010, 17:57
No probs Sean, I am entertaining myself with the manual:D
Wonderful stuff.:p:

My Agent works Saturdays and basically said I HAVE NO IDEA So I am in holding pattern until Tomorrow Night or Monday AM
Sorry

para999
10th May 2010, 13:35
Hi guys.

Has anyone got the wireless reverse camera working? I have looked at what I got in the box...no instructions! Have no idea of where to plug in!! :shrug:

Does anyone out there know?

Many thanks

Gordon

tony_fry
10th May 2010, 13:45
Hi guys.

Has anyone got the wireless reverse camera working? I have looked at what I got in the box...no instructions! Have no idea of where to plug in!! :shrug:

Does anyone out there know?

Many thanks

Gordon

Hi Gordon, I do not have the wireless version, but looking at the picture it should have a transmitter and receiver, on the back of the head unit there will be a wire with "back" on it this needs to be connected to reversing wire from the gearbox, I think there is a connection in the "A" pillar and on the receiver there should be a AV cable which again connects to the head unit marked camera, on my system, (which is not wireless) I took the feed for the camera from the reversing lights so the camera only worked when the car was put in reverse. If connected correctly the head unit should switch to "BACK" when you put it in reverse, the picture quality on our head unit is far more superior than my old unit.

para999
10th May 2010, 13:52
Hi, has anyone got the DVB-T working? Does anyone have the full list of the settings required?
Thanks in advance

Hi. Have got mine working.

If you haven't already wired it in...the plugs go to the AV in leads from the unit and you need a live (I took mine from the ignition supply to the unit) and earth.

Then go to the menu screen and click on AV in. You need the DVB-T remote to turn it on then using the remote go into menu. From there, find setup and scan for new channels. It's the same as setting up a domestic freeview box.

Hope this answers what you need

Regards

Gordon

para999
10th May 2010, 13:56
Hi Gordon, I do not have the wireless version, but looking at the picture it should have a transmitter and receiver, on the back of the head unit there will be a wire with "back" on it this needs to be connected to reversing wire from the gearbox, I think there is a connection in the "A" pillar and on the receiver there should be a AV cable which again connects to the head unit marked camera, on my system, (which is not wireless) I took the feed for the camera from the reversing lights so the camera only worked when the car was put in reverse. If connected correctly the head unit should switch to "BACK" when you put it in reverse, the picture quality on our head unit is far more superior than my old unit.

Thanks Tony

I will have another play. There are reciever and transmitter boxes and several wire looms. Guess that some of them are for the wired setup, but others have what look like should be live and earth. Also not sure which are the inputs on the back of the unit!

Regards

Gordon

tony_fry
10th May 2010, 14:14
Thanks Tony

I will have another play. There are reciever and transmitter boxes and several wire looms. Guess that some of them are for the wired setup, but others have what look like should be live and earth. Also not sure which are the inputs on the back of the unit!

Regards

Gordon

Looking at the wiring instructions the Pink wire on the main ISO plug No 2 terminal on block No 1 should be a live feed for the camera to switch the unit onto "Back" on the monitor, black should be earth. Perhaps Sean will be along shortly and might be able to provide you will the full wiring instructions, I know he has been on line today, as I had a reply about sending my unit back to the factory for a replacement.

M9_Nut
10th May 2010, 19:41
My head unit arrived Friday (thanks Sean!) I've been on nights since so had to wait until today.

I've got most of the teething problems out of the way (gps setup, gunk on the microsd card) but still have the following minor headaches!

a) Like para I've got no instructions for the wireless camera, and had almost given up on it (at least until I'd had a good nights sleep!) thanks to Tony's earlier post though I've got something to go on. One thing really puzzles me though - how on earth do I get the power and signal wires through into the boot?

b) When connecting the ipod / iphone connector I get " This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" It doesnt even charge the phone. I've checked the connections , cleaned them and so on. The phone still worked with my normal leads on the home PC so I know the connector on the phone is ok.

c) nevermind I thought, at least I could listen to the music over bluetooth. Once paired this worked ok i can play, stop, pause, mute but cannot go to next track, go back ffwd or rewind from the headunit. - the unit makes it normal squeaks when i tap the onscreen buttons, it just doesnt do anything! if I pick up the phone and press the phones on screen buttons it does go to next track and so on.

d) More of an annoyance really this one, but how do you get the station names on the radio screen (currently it shows the frequency) The station name is picked up by the unit as its overlaid in green when it first finds it.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has on the above

Radioguy
10th May 2010, 20:48
Looking at the wiring instructions the Pink wire on the main ISO plug No 2 terminal on block No 1 should be a live feed for the camera to switch the unit onto "Back" on the monitor, black should be earth. Perhaps Sean will be along shortly and might be able to provide you will the full wiring instructions, I know he has been on line today, as I had a reply about sending my unit back to the factory for a replacement.

Sorry Guys/Gals Was Out Most of the day with My real Job But will be around more.
Here are the wiring directions from the factory.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/MGreceiver2.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/MGtransmitter1.jpg

Radioguy
10th May 2010, 20:53
Hi Ian,

a) Please see Wiring Above. I have to sand aside on getting wires through the boot. I haven't a Rover near to check it and I hope that other members will be able to step up on that one.
b) They do not charge the Iphones OR the Ipods.
c) There are compatibility issues with different units Vs different generations of Iphones. What generation is yours. This is true of ALL Chinse made units.
d) the DS was supposedly supposed to show the Station name. Is there something in the Setup for the RDS to allow this ? Can you send a Photos of the Overlaid Station name ?

RG

My head unit arrived Friday (thanks Sean!) I've been on nights since so had to wait until today.

I've got most of the teething problems out of the way (gps setup, gunk on the microsd card) but still have the following minor headaches!

a) Like para I've got no instructions for the wireless camera, and had almost given up on it (at least until I'd had a good nights sleep!) thanks to Tony's earlier post though I've got something to go on. One thing really puzzles me though - how on earth do I get the power and signal wires through into the boot?

b) When connecting the ipod / iphone connector I get " This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" It doesnt even charge the phone. I've checked the connections , cleaned them and so on. The phone still worked with my normal leads on the home PC so I know the connector on the phone is ok.

c) nevermind I thought, at least I could listen to the music over bluetooth. Once paired this worked ok i can play, stop, pause, mute but cannot go to next track, go back ffwd or rewind from the headunit. - the unit makes it normal squeaks when i tap the onscreen buttons, it just doesnt do anything! if I pick up the phone and press the phones on screen buttons it does go to next track and so on.

d) More of an annoyance really this one, but how do you get the station names on the radio screen (currently it shows the frequency) The station name is picked up by the unit as its overlaid in green when it first finds it.

Radioguy
10th May 2010, 20:58
No probs Sean, I am entertaining myself with the manual:D
Wonderful stuff.:p:

Hi Stux, I did not get an answer on this , I have sent a second request (rarely needed with my agent)

eastydl
11th May 2010, 08:55

If you haven't already wired it in...the plugs go to the AV in leads from the unit and you need a live (I took mine from the ignition supply to the unit) and earth.

Then go to the menu screen and click on AV in. You need the DVB-T remote to turn it on then using the remote go into menu. From there, find setup and scan for new channels. It's the same as setting up a domestic freeview box.

Regards

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks, I think I've done all the above but when I try tuning I get no stations and a 'database empty' message, I've tried tuning in different places, so I was wondering what settings you have coded in the configuration section? I assume I've cabled correctly as I get these installation/config/tuning menus ok.

Also does anyone know how to page back when updating the IPOD settings, I manged to set shiffle songs but then can't navigate back to actually play them!

eastydl
11th May 2010, 09:02

Ian,

As for the IPOD/IPHONE, just ignore the 'accessory not made' message, I think you can select/press this on the IPOD/IPHONE, then just navigate on the unit, worked ok for me.

dudepop
11th May 2010, 20:58
how long was it for you guys for delivery after payment....i paid a few weeks ago...still waiting....and no updates

tony_fry
12th May 2010, 05:02
how long was it for you guys for delivery after payment....i paid a few weeks ago...still waiting....and no updates

Who did you buy the unit from?. If it was Sean his order batch has already been dispatched from china and you should have had a tracking number

dudepop
12th May 2010, 05:55
Yes it was from sean, I hope it arrives soon, the kenwood unit in my zt is awful, still waiting for tracking number too!

tony_fry
12th May 2010, 06:11
Yes it was from sean, I hope it arrives soon, the kenwood unit in my zt is awful, still waiting for tracking number too!

I would suggest you P.M Sean, he is normally very quick on replies, bearing in mind the time difference in Canada

stux99
12th May 2010, 06:30
Right, after lots of searching I found some info.
As follows..
Remove red plug on unit, connect Black from unit to Blue/Purple on IR box then Green from unit to Black on IR box.
Anyone confirm this?
Do I need to remove IR box completely or just patch into wires?
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I do want to get it right.

Thanks in advance

Stu

avon
12th May 2010, 08:35

Hi Tony. So could the wire marked "back" on the head unit be connected to the positive side of the feed for the reverse Light bulb?

regards Nigel

tony_fry
12th May 2010, 09:11
Hi Tony. So could the wire marked "back" on the head unit be connected to the positive side of the feed for the reverse Light bulb?

regards Nigel

Hello Nigel

Yes that is right, I have just checked my wiring there should be a little marker on the pink wire for the reversing camera marked "back", it should then automatically switch the head unit onto the reversing camera, and when you take it out of gear should return to your original screen.

Radioguy
12th May 2010, 10:57

Hi dudepop,

I will have tracking today.
To be honest, we were not rushing to ship as the first round people were installing we were checking some of the small issues. And we were usinmg those in the testing procedure. Remember WE are paying return shipping (Both Directions) if there are issues. We are moving forward as we do not seem to have any major issues with the first round. Sorry for the delay but I assure you that it is better than sending out a batch of units with defects. (Much more frustrating)

lathbury
12th May 2010, 18:55
Hi Sean, I have tracking now, it says it is destination hub awaiting customs charging, what does that mean?. John.

Radioguy
12th May 2010, 20:28
Hi Sean, I have tracking now, it says it is destination hub awaiting customs charging, what does that mean?. John.

Hi John

That is standard , no surprises. Sit tight

lathbury
13th May 2010, 12:36
Hi Sean, The tracking now says expect delivery tomorrow (Fri). Then the nightmare begins in the fitting, I have no experience in wiring, cutting and splicing. Some members seem to have trouble getting the Igo and the steering wheel buttons to work. I will try fitting it on Saturday morning. Wish me luck. John.

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 13:25
Hi Sean, The tracking now says expect delivery tomorrow (Fri). Then the nightmare begins in the fitting, I have no experience in wiring, cutting and splicing. Some members seem to have trouble getting the Igo and the steering wheel buttons to work. I will try fitting it on Saturday morning. Wish me luck. John.

Hello John,

If you have ANY problems with the install please do not hesitate to contact me, I have my IPHONE with me at all times and should be able to answer any questions you have.

Depending what unit you currently have it SHOULD be a straight forward install the worst thing is you MIGHT have to buy a BMW ISO conversion lead, which available from Halfords at £15.99, which allows the unit to fit existing wiring, again the steering wheel control wiring depends on what head unit you currently have, but there should be enough information on here if its not wiring correctly.

Ajd1
13th May 2010, 13:28
I've a question about Igo if I may.

Is there any way to make the position arrow on the map screen smaller?

Really don't like the over sized arrow I have at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 13:55
I've a question about Igo if I may.

Is there any way to make the position arrow on the map screen smaller?

Really don't like the over sized arrow I have at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Andy

try editing your SYS.TXT on the micro card by either adding these lines or editing your existing lines

[map]
3d_max_tiltlevel=7800
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=3000
3dcarsizemax=6000
3dcarsizemul=60000

You can play around with the numbers In BLUE which will reduce or enlarge the size of the arrow cursor

Ajd1
13th May 2010, 14:00
Many thanks Tony, I'll try it right now.

Andy

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 14:04
Once I have received my replacement unit back from Sean,

I was thinking about a "HOW TO" on some of the functions of IGO

To include

Adding SKIN's (which are SO much better than the original screen view)

Adding Speed Cams (Which warn you 100 yards away, our closer if it's a red light cam

Adding "Another" voice, (which will give you a far more detailed instruction I.E currently it only says turn left in 100 yards the modified voice says turn left in a 100 yards to Blackwell Lane (as an example road name) also it says take exit 3a in 100 yards, hence giving a far more detailed instruction.

If anyone is interested please let me know, I don't want to got though the time and effort if no one would be interested.

Please let me know your views.

Ajd1
13th May 2010, 14:16
Tony your a star mate, it's worked a treat.

I've been trying for ages to sort that problem out.

A "HOW TO" would be much appreciated by quite a few people here I would say.

I've tried a few times to get the voices changed but keep coming up with the out of memory error.

I look forward to reading it if you do one.

Thanks again.

Andy

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 14:35

I've tried a few times to get the voices changed but keep coming up with the out of memory error.

Thanks again.

Andy

Andy,

there is a couple of options for the voice, there is a low quality and a high quantity one and also adding lines to the SYS.TXT, which should make a difference.

I did hot have time to "play" with my head before the GPS card reader give up the ghost and would not read the micro card, I only had in the car for 2 hours :mad:

As I said once I get my replacement back, and have time to modify the IGO I will be able to give you all more information.

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 15:06

Thanks again.

Andy

Now you remember why you pay the £10.00 subs, you go so much more that that in the knowledge you CAN gain from the forum :}:}:}

Ajd1
13th May 2010, 15:13
Now you remember why you pay the £10.00 subs, you go so much more that that in the knowledge you CAN gain from the forum :}:}:}

Definately worth every penny and more. :}

stux99
13th May 2010, 15:48
That would be great Tony. Also any other installation tips.
Keep up the good work.

Stu

Once I have received my replacement unit back from Sean,

I was thinking about a "HOW TO" on some of the functions of IGO

To include

Adding SKIN's (which are SO much better than the original screen view)

Adding Speed Cams (Which warn you 100 yards away, our closer if it's a red light cam

Adding "Another" voice, (which will give you a far more detailed instruction I.E currently it only says turn left in 100 yards the modified voice says turn left in a 100 yards to Blackwell Lane (as an example road name) also it says take exit 3a in 100 yards, hence giving a far more detailed instruction.

If anyone is interested please let me know, I don't want to got though the time and effort if no one would be interested.

Please let me know your views.

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 15:54
That would be great Tony. Also any other installation tips.
Keep up the good work.

Stu

Not at the mo Stu, as soon as I get my replacement back, I will start work on how to "improve" a already great program

In the mean time any questions just fire them at me :shrug:

stux99
13th May 2010, 16:19
My only prob at the mo is getting steering controls to work:mad::o
I have removed the IR box and connected unit to car, still no joy

tony_fry
13th May 2010, 17:05
My only prob at the mo is getting steering controls to work:mad::o
I have removed the IR box and connected unit to car, still no joy

Sorry Stu, that's one problem I can not you help you with.

lathbury
13th May 2010, 21:17
Hello Tony, Thanks for offer of online help, it is much appreciated. I will try to install Sat. I have the Symphoy HU so I might be frightening myself for no reason. Please do the How To as I know I will need it. Many thanks. john.

Burton Brewer
13th May 2010, 22:15
Hi Sean, Radioguy.
Ive sent you an e mail regarding my unit.
Cheers Steve.

teamninja
13th May 2010, 22:34
Tony i'm sitting in the back and watching and waiting to what you are posting about iGO8, and the info about the position arrow to be made smaller is something i will try tomorrow and i would like to know more about the voice change that you just mentioned that the street name is included with the next manouvre that would be great. please do a 'how to' it will save time looking through this thread and you answering questions long term, the double din first thread went over 1000 comments and probably this one is going that way to.

fantastic for the help Tony,

adrian

tony_fry
14th May 2010, 07:25
Tony i'm sitting in the back and watching and waiting to what you are posting about iGO8, and the info about the position arrow to be made smaller is something i will try tomorrow and i would like to know more about the voice change that you just mentioned that the street name is included with the next manouvre that would be great. please do a 'how to' it will save time looking through this thread and you answering questions long term, the double din first thread went over 1000 comments and probably this one is going that way to.

fantastic for the help Tony,

adrian

Hi Adrian, 1000 posts is nothing, the SAT NAV forum I visit has over 7500 posts on one thread with reference to IGO8 over 500 pages to read though :shrug:

As soon as I get my unit back I will compile a "HOW TO" of different aspects of modifications to IGO, which not only be for the "new" unit but for other users of IGO8.

lathbury
15th May 2010, 08:21
Hi Sean, The unit arrived safely and looks very impressive but I have never seen so many wires and cables, scary. I am not going to be able to fit this safely so I will have to pay to have it fitted. Even the missus likes the look of it. Many thanks for all your help Sean. John.

tony_fry
15th May 2010, 08:39
Hi Sean, The unit arrived safely and looks very impressive but I have never seen so many wires and cables, scary. I am not going to be able to fit this safely so I will have to pay to have it fitted. Even the missus likes the look of it. Many thanks for all your help Sean. John.

John it's so easy to install. It's plug and play

lathbury
15th May 2010, 08:54
Thanks Tony but I dont have a clue where all the wires go. John.

tony_fry
15th May 2010, 09:22
Thanks Tony but I dont have a clue where all the wires go. John.

I am only a phone call away if you need any advise, just pm me with you number and I will phone you.

lathbury
15th May 2010, 10:32
Hi Tony, I have taken your advice and removed the Symphony and connected the new one. I connected the three connector blocks which were on the original radio, the radio aerial and the gps aerial. The unit lights up but there is no sound other than a buzzing and static noise. I have not used any other cables am I doing something wrong? John.

David Lawrence
15th May 2010, 10:52
Hi Tony, I have taken your advice and removed the Symphony and connected the new one. I connected the three connector blocks which were on the original radio, the radio aerial and the gps aerial. The unit lights up but there is no sound other than a buzzing and static noise. I have not used any other cables am I doing something wrong? John.

Yes, you must use the supplied adapters. And more than likely you will need to boost your aerial if your symphony had 2 aerial leads. Easily arranged so dont worry just yet. To check sound quality put a CD in and make sure it plays ok through all the speakers, if so then your noises are just due to poor reception.

tony_fry
15th May 2010, 11:25

John if you pm men your telephone number we can sort it out.

lathbury
15th May 2010, 12:27
Hi Tony, Many thanks for you kind offer, I have sussed out the leads and fitted them now I cant get the radio interface and the satnav says software not found. All the red white and yellow leads with the caps on are not connected to anything. My number is removed, I have come inside for a cup of tea and will be back out to the in 15 mins. So I will stay online till then. John.

tony_fry
15th May 2010, 13:43
Hi Tony, Many thanks for you kind offer, I have sussed out the leads and fitted them now I cant get the radio interface and the satnav says software not found. All the red white and yellow leads with the caps on are not connected to anything. My number is •••••••••••, I have come inside for a cup of tea and will be back out to the in 15 mins. So I will stay online till then. John.

John I would remove you number from thead.

I have now gone through the install with John and got everything working

lathbury
15th May 2010, 15:07
Hi Tony, Many thanks for your very welcome help today, I would have given up long ago. The problem I have now is when I put the card in to my card reader it comes up as removable disc" I " in Windows Media, I cannot find any files to open, sorry about this Tony. John.

teamninja
15th May 2010, 21:05
I am looking to buy a micro sd card for this unit and is there a maximum size limit the double din will read? I don't want to buy one and it won't read the sd card

thanks
Adrian

lathbury
15th May 2010, 22:41
Hi All, I was in trouble today with installing my head unit, and Tony went above and beyond to phone me and talk me through everything. Brilliant, I now have a working system. Tony, I have done as you say to open the files on the card but there is no "sys txt" just sys which opens in Notepad, the port is no.2 but the baudrate is 4800, any advice please?. Best regards. John.

M9_Nut
15th May 2010, 23:06
Teamninja, 32Gb is the maximum I have seen quoted.

Lathbury, you have opened the correct file, just amend the 4800 to 9600 save changes and retry it. (The 3 letter file extentions are just set to hidden on your PC)

teamninja
15th May 2010, 23:57
Thanks Ian, great for storing my music without removing the dvd disc
cheers
Adrian

lathbury
16th May 2010, 09:44
Ian, The doc. I mentioned is in Notepad, how do I change it?, it is just a document.

lathbury
16th May 2010, 09:51
Ian I have managed to change the Notepad baudrate to 9600 and save it, what do I do now?. John.

ardvark
16th May 2010, 11:55
Sorry guys it may have been answered but because the original thread was so long I did'nt go thru' it all, I have a Club SE with standard radio equipment. Will this nice bit of kit simply "plug and play" on my car or is it more to it than that?

tony_fry
16th May 2010, 15:33
Sorry guys it may have been answered but because the original thread was so long I did'nt go thru' it all, I have a Club SE with standard radio equipment. Will this nice bit of kit simply "plug and play" on my car or is it more to it than that?

It's just a straight swap you might have to buy a BMW to a ISO adaptor eBay £5 Or from Halfords £15.99 it's just so easy to do. so much better than the standard head unit.

tony_fry
16th May 2010, 15:39
Ian I have managed to change the Notepad baudrate to 9600 and save it, what do I do now?. John.

John all you do is save the file. And then reinsert the micro card. It should then auto connect the GPS on the head unit.

Boot Hill Bandit
16th May 2010, 18:03
It's just a straight swap you might have to buy a BMW to a ISO adaptor eBay £5 Or from Halfords £15.99 it's just so easy to do. so much better than the standard head unit.

Is this the case with a ZT I am soon to purchase?? It is a ZT 190+ on an 03 plate (mk1).......just unsure if this amazing piece of equipment will go in my car to be too....... :shrug:

Jim

ardvark
16th May 2010, 19:41
I tell you what, if this is right and it is a straight swap. It'll be a much better option than fitting a unit from the top of the range 75/zt's. From what I under stand there is much more hassle involved fitting a standard top of the range unit into the likes of my car. Confirmation of my understanding would be appreciated please.

lathbury
16th May 2010, 19:52
Hi Tony, Once again many thanks. I have inserted the card and will check the GPS. John.

Radioguy
16th May 2010, 19:54
Is this the case with a ZT I am soon to purchase?? It is a ZT 190+ on an 03 plate (mk1).......just unsure if this amazing piece of equipment will go in my car to be too....... :shrug:

Jim

SImply Put, Yes, It will.

We are the seller

Radioguy
16th May 2010, 19:55
I tell you what, if this is right and it is a straight swap. It'll be a much better option than fitting a unit from the top of the range 75/zt's. From what I under stand there is much more hassle involved fitting a standard top of the range unit into the likes of my car. Confirmation of my understanding would be appreciated please.

Hi,
I really don't know about "standard top of the range unit" unless you mean Kenwood or other brands ? But thisa is a plug and play. A few exceptions in the Hhighline and if you have IR Steering wheel controls but easy and documented here

I hope that we can be of service

Sean (Radioguy)

Radioguy
16th May 2010, 19:56
Hi Tony, Once again many thanks. I have inserted the card and will check the GPS. John.

John, Tony seems to have you well in hand.
Are you up and operating ?

lathbury
16th May 2010, 20:28
Hi Sean, The unit is fitted and seems to be running fine. Tony has been a very great help in the fitting i could not have done it without him. The next task is to fit the DVB/T box. Is there a "how to" for this, also the wireless camera?. John.

teamninja
16th May 2010, 21:09
Hello Sean i'm looking at the different micro sd cards and 4gb and higher are sdhc they are a different shape with a notch on the sides some are listed as mobile phone micro sd cards would you know if they fit into the slot on our units please

Adrian

Radioguy
16th May 2010, 21:28
Hello Sean i'm looking at the different micro sd cards and 4gb and higher are sdhc they are a different shape with a notch on the sides some are listed as mobile phone micro sd cards would you know if they fit into the slot on our units please

Adrian

Hi Adrian
I made a Booboo
Factory Specs are SDHC to 32 GB Please ignore previous post
I will edit it

teamninja
16th May 2010, 21:35
Great info Sean i'm off to look at them again,
it's great to be able to ask someone instead of buying an item that you know very little about,

thanks again Sean. :bowdown:

Adrian

ardvark
16th May 2010, 22:04
Hi Sean,
The units I'm on about are the standard radio,cassette,cd player with a glovebox 6 disc exchanger as fitted to my ClUB SE and the standard top of the range standard satnav,tv unit as fitted in the CONNOISSEUR. If it's a case of taking out my radio,cassette,cd player and fitting this new "plug and play unit in it's place then I can see many members doing that as appose to going thru the hassle of rewiring to fit the CONNOISSEUR unit. Is it as simple as that?

Radioguy
16th May 2010, 23:15
Hi Sean,
The units I'm on about are the standard radio,cassette,cd player with a glovebox 6 disc exchanger as fitted to my ClUB SE and the standard top of the range standard satnav,tv unit as fitted in the CONNOISSEUR. If it's a case of taking out my radio,cassette,cd player and fitting this new "plug and play unit in it's place then I can see many members doing that as appose to going thru the hassle of rewiring to fit the CONNOISSEUR unit. Is it as simple as that?

Hi Ardvark
More or Less, Yes, As per my previous post there are is a wire change for Remote control steering But that is about it.

stevo snr
17th May 2010, 12:17
[QUOTE=teamninja;524950]Hello Sean i'm looking at the different micro sd cards and 4gb and higher are sdhc they are a different shape with a notch on the sides some are listed as mobile phone micro sd cards would you know if they fit into the slot on our units please

Does this mean we can only use 4gb cards? I was under the impression that cards could be used up to 32gb:confused:

Radioguy
17th May 2010, 12:19
[quote=teamninja;524950]Hello Sean i'm looking at the different micro sd cards and 4gb and higher are sdhc they are a different shape with a notch on the sides some are listed as mobile phone micro sd cards would you know if they fit into the slot on our units please

Does this mean we can only use 4gb cards? I was under the impression that cards could be used up to 32gb:confused:

Hi

No , That was my error. I retracted that statement already and deleted the Post.
Here is a link to the followup to it
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=524972&postcount=319

dudepop
17th May 2010, 15:53
is this bad news?

Your item was handed over to Customs(UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF) at 2010-05-16 17:22:00

tony_fry
17th May 2010, 15:55
is this bad news?

Your item was handed over to Customs(UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF) at 2010-05-16 17:22:00

No worries dudepop, this is the standard message on the web site, you will be VERY unlucky to hear from H.M Customs

sjr
17th May 2010, 16:38
Hi Sean,

Will my head unit be shipped on it's own, or do you have to wait until there is a batch?

Not that I am being impaitent or anything.:D

Regards,

Justin

navrac
17th May 2010, 20:50
Have we got confirmation that the new units have TMC and that RDS shows channel name and automatic changing to the strongest signal?

tony_fry
18th May 2010, 08:47
Have we got confirmation that the new units have TMC and that RDS shows channel name and automatic changing to the strongest signal?

RDS is confirmed and working fine with local station tuning.

TMC is still not available YET although a few memebrs have it working on there head units, I am in the throws of receiving an external TMC receiver from Sean, which I will report back about once I receive it.

Begiorlegi
18th May 2010, 09:26

d) the DS was supposedly supposed to show the Station name. Is there something in the Setup for the RDS to allow this ? Can you send a Photos of the Overlaid Station name ?

About RDS, then is this problem fixed or what? :confused:

tony_fry
18th May 2010, 09:38
About RDS, then is this problem fixed or what? :confused:

I don't have a picture of the overlay with the station name, but it does appear just below the radio frequency in the middle of the screen.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/radio-1.jpg

The RDS has to be enabled from the setting menu.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/RDS.jpg

Radioguy
18th May 2010, 12:07
So far perfectly Normal dudepop

is this bad news?

eastydl
18th May 2010, 12:16
Gordon,

What settings did you use? IE PAL/NTSC/AUTO, any changes to the defaults?

Regards

Gordon

tony_fry
18th May 2010, 13:08
Gordon,

What settings did you use? IE PAL/NTSC/AUTO, any changes to the defaults?

PM sent re the freeview unit

navrac
18th May 2010, 15:58
RDS is confirmed and working fine with local station tuning.

TMC is still not available YET although a few memebrs have it working on there head units, I am in the throws of receiving an external TMC receiver from Sean, which I will report back about once I receive it.

As far as I understood it the external TMC can only be plugged into the linux side of the box - not the WinCE bit so surely the satnav won't be able to read it?

tony_fry
18th May 2010, 16:05
As far as I understood it the external TMC can only be plugged into the linux side of the box - not the WinCE bit so surely the satnav won't be able to read it?

That's what I thought, but we will have to wait and see, Sean seems to think it will work, lets wait and see the out come, I should have delivery of the unit within the next couple of days, and I will report back to you all.

Mannie
18th May 2010, 16:26
PM sent re the freeview unit

Hi Tony

Could you send me the freeview settings to thanks

lathbury
18th May 2010, 22:07
Hi all, I now have my h/u fitted and working with radio and satnav thanks to Tony, my next problem is to fit the supplied DVB/T box, has anyone done this yet and is there a" how to," also the supplied reverse wireless camera?. Thanks. John.

Begiorlegi
18th May 2010, 22:36
I don't have a picture of the overlay with the station name, but it does appear just below the radio frequency in the middle of the screen.

The RDS has to be enabled from the setting menu.

Many thanks, Tony. If RDS is working fine I think it's time to talk with Sean again... :drool4:

Radioguy
18th May 2010, 22:41
Many thanks, Tony. If RDS is working fine I think it's time to talk with Sean again... :drool4:

Finally a Question Tony Can't handle !

tony_fry
19th May 2010, 06:27
Hi Tony

Could you send me the freeview settings to thanks

Hi Mannie, I am sorry, I can not let you know anything about the DVB-T from Sean, I do not have that one, but it should be straight forward job, much the same as setting up a freeview box that you have indoors. Just make sure that it is set for PAL, it "should" have a install or setup process which should autosave once it has completed the scan of the channels.

tony_fry
19th May 2010, 06:29
Finally a Question Tony Can't handle !

Now its over to you Sean, perhaps I should start selling the units too!! :}

Mannie
19th May 2010, 09:51
Hi Mannie, I am sorry, I can not let you know anything about the DVB-T from Sean, I do not have that one, but it should be straight forward job, much the same as setting up a freeview box that you have indoors. Just make sure that it is set for PAL, it "should" have a install or setup process which should autosave once it has completed the scan of the channels.

Thanks Tony I shall knuckle down Friday and get to grips with this thing and sort it once and for all (you will probably see my cries for help shortly after I start)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

tony_fry
19th May 2010, 09:55
Thanks Tony I shall knuckle down Friday and get to grips with this thing and sort it once and for all (you will probably see my cries for help shortly after I start)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D
No problem Martin, any problems PM me with your telephone number and I will go though it with you whilst on the phone.

Mannie
19th May 2010, 10:18
No problem Martin, any problems PM me with your telephone number and I will go though it with you whilst on the phone.

Good man thats what I like a back up plan CHEERS:D

xion2000
19th May 2010, 19:17
A few questions about the unit if an owner of one can help
1) Can the Sat Nav be used whilst still playing the radio, CD or using the aux in.
2) Can the unit control a DAB addon box (the sort that can be fitted under a seat or mounted in the glove box)
3) Is there an aux in at the REAR of the unit (I would like to connect a Pure Highway DAB Radio is question 2 is not possible)
4) Could I connect 2 x 7" LCD screens to the unit (to mount on the back of the headrests) for passengers in the back to watch (my kids)
5) Can the OEM steering wheel controls be used
6) Can the OEM CD Changer be used (VDO Dayton CHM604MP3)
7) How pleased are you with the unit (Sound quality, build quality, features & inputs)

para999
20th May 2010, 00:37
A few questions about the unit if an owner of one can help
1) Can the Sat Nav be used whilst still playing the radio, CD or using the aux in.
2) Can the unit control a DAB addon box (the sort that can be fitted under a seat or mounted in the glove box)
3) Is there an aux in at the REAR of the unit (I would like to connect a Pure Highway DAB Radio is question 2 is not possible)
4) Could I connect 2 x 7" LCD screens to the unit (to mount on the back of the headrests) for passengers in the back to watch (my kids)
5) Can the OEM steering wheel controls be used
6) Can the OEM CD Changer be used (VDO Dayton CHM604MP3)
7) How pleased are you with the unit (Sound quality, build quality, features & inputs)

Hi,

Can only answer a few of these...

1... Satnav still works and you can see the map whilst listening to the radio/CD/microSD. I have DVB-T on my Aux input, so if the TV screen is on (not recommended whilst driving - illegal too) you should get voice prompts. If you use the bluetooth to make/recieve calls, you will lose satnav/radio/CD etc for the duration of the call.

2... sorry..no idea about that one!

3... There are a number of input/output leads for audio/sound. Not sure about connecting DAB to those. Not familiar with DAB radio leads and setup.

4... Yep!

5... Yep again! If you have the IR type, there are instructions within this thread somewhere... Otherwise, it's simply plug n play.

6... Again, sorry I don't know that one...never had a multi-changer in mine! Don't need one now anyway as all the music you would want to play can be kept on the microSD card or a DVD!

7... Personally I'm very pleased with the sound/build quality etc. I had a CD80 in before and they are not the best....but this sounds good to me. You can of course play with Bass/Treble etc to get the sound you like. The unit really does look good and like it has always been fitted in the car!

Like anything else, I would have liked some other features such as TMC and the ability to change the radio screen, but never having had it...don't miss it! That said, I am glad I got one!!

I have only been able to answer a few of your questions, but there are others who know a great deal more than I do on here such as Tony Fry who have been fantastic with giving help and info. Hopefully, the rest of your questoins will be answereed on here.

Regards

Gordon

xion2000
20th May 2010, 06:57
Hi,

Can only answer a few of these...

1... Satnav still works and you can see the map whilst listening to the radio/CD/microSD. I have DVB-T on my Aux input, so if the TV screen is on (not recommended whilst driving - illegal too) you should get voice prompts. If you use the bluetooth to make/recieve calls, you will lose satnav/radio/CD etc for the duration of the call.

2... sorry..no idea about that one!

3... There are a number of input/output leads for audio/sound. Not sure about connecting DAB to those. Not familiar with DAB radio leads and setup.

4... Yep!

5... Yep again! If you have the IR type, there are instructions within this thread somewhere... Otherwise, it's simply plug n play.

6... Again, sorry I don't know that one...never had a multi-changer in mine! Don't need one now anyway as all the music you would want to play can be kept on the microSD card or a DVD!

7... Personally I'm very pleased with the sound/build quality etc. I had a CD80 in before and they are not the best....but this sounds good to me. You can of course play with Bass/Treble etc to get the sound you like. The unit really does look good and like it has always been fitted in the car!

Like anything else, I would have liked some other features such as TMC and the ability to change the radio screen, but never having had it...don't miss it! That said, I am glad I got one!!

I have only been able to answer a few of your questions, but there are others who know a great deal more than I do on here such as Tony Fry who have been fantastic with giving help and info. Hopefully, the rest of your questoins will be answereed on here.

Regards

Gordon
Thanks Gordon, appreciate the info. Just thought of another question I forgot to ask, when on radio does the unit only display the frequencies or can it display the channel name (eg 98.1FM & or BBC Radio 1)
Thanks again
Graham

tony_fry
20th May 2010, 07:42
Thanks Gordon, appreciate the info. Just thought of another question I forgot to ask, when on radio does the unit only display the frequencies or can it display the channel name (eg 98.1FM & or BBC Radio 1)
Thanks again
Graham

Graham,

If you opt of the RDS unit, it will show the radio station too.

para999
20th May 2010, 07:56
Thanks again
Graham

Hi

The latest units have RDS, so will show the station name you are listening to on FM as green text near the middle of the radio screen. If you have seen the many screenshots on this thread showing the radio screen, they show there are 6 presets on each screen (3 x FM plus AM) but they show the frequency number. Personally, I would have liked the presets to show the station name too, but that's not possible.

Regards

Gordon

Begiorlegi
20th May 2010, 09:43
Hi

The latest units have RDS, so will show the station name you are listening to on FM as green text near the middle of the radio screen. If you have seen the many screenshots on this thread showing the radio screen, they show there are 6 presets on each screen (3 x FM plus AM) but they show the frequency number. Personally, I would have liked the presets to show the station name too, but that's not possible.

Regards

Gordon

What???? :mood:
RDS does not show the presets station names! Well, this is a big disappointment. Have I to memorize, after preseting, 18 frequency numbers to know what station I'm tuning to? What a xxxx...
I'll send a PM to you tonight, Sean. Not sure about buying now.

Many thanks, para999.

tony_fry
20th May 2010, 09:50
What???? :mood:
RDS does not show the presets station names! Well, this is a big disappointment. Have I to memorize, after preseting, 18 frequency numbers to know what station I'm tuning to? What a xxxx...
I'll send a PM to you tonight, Sean. Not sure about buying now.

Many thanks, para999.

Its no different that having to push buttons 1-6 on the standard head units and pushing the band button to go onto the next 6 set of station buttons ECT. to find the preset stations

I don't know any head unit that does what you are asking for.

Radioguy
20th May 2010, 12:53
[quote=xion2000;526444]A few questions about the unit if an owner of one can help

2) Can the unit control a DAB addon box (the sort that can be fitted under a seat or mounted in the glove box).

No, It is not designed to interface with a DAB receiver. Not sure if it will play the stations via the AUX in but it certainly will NOT interface

6) Can the OEM CD Changer be used (VDO Dayton CHM604MP3). It is supposed to interface with the CD Changers but Normally the chinese units state SANYO protocol. To date I don't know of anyone that has interfaced it with the CD changer but With the SD cards , USB and IPOD interfaces, Not many people really care .

dudepop
20th May 2010, 15:24
the head unit arrived today, fitted it quite easily in 10 mins, tunred it on main screen popped up, then i selected radio which worked well.
I then selected the navi button and iog8 loaded up quickly and worked well and had great signal strenghs.
The problem is i cant get of the sat nav screen back to main screen, all i get is the igo8 or sat nav setup!
If i press mode i get to choose music radio/sd card/video while the sat nav is on.
Noticed on the bottom of page 4 of the manual that you must reset the unit before you use it the first time or when the unit is confused, so i put the white plastic tip thingy into the rst hole but still no luck!

any idea guys?

tony_fry
20th May 2010, 15:32
the head unit arrived today, fitted it quite easily in 10 mins, tunred it on main screen popped up, then i selected radio which worked well.
I then selected the navi button and iog8 loaded up quickly and worked well and had great signal strenghs.
The problem is i cant get of the sat nav screen back to main screen, all i get is the igo8 or sat nav setup!
If i press mode i get to choose music radio/sd card/video while the sat nav is on.
Noticed on the bottom of page 4 of the manual that you must reset the unit before you use it the first time or when the unit is confused, so i put the white plastic tip thingy into the rst hole but still no luck!

any idea guys?

Greg, what do you class as the main screen? if you want to go back to the radio, IPOD ECT ECT you just quickly press the power button at the top left of the unit. it should then keep the SAT NAV running but you will then be able to use the mode button to scroll through the options.

If you need any help PM me with your telephone number and I will phone you.

stux99
20th May 2010, 16:11
Greg, what do you class as the main screen? if you want to go back to the radio, IPOD ECT ECT you just quickly press the power button at the top left of the unit. it should then keep the SAT NAV running but you will then be able to use the mode button to scroll through the options.

That one had me for a while when first setting up:o

David Lawrence
20th May 2010, 17:34
Hi

Regards

Gordon

Is the Alternate frequency part of RDS working? I mean how it changes to the strongest frequency for the same station like the symphony does?

tony_fry
20th May 2010, 17:37
Is the Alternate frequency part of RDS working? I mean how it changes to the strongest frequency for the same station like the symphony does?

Hi David, it does on mine, I listen to Heart 106.2 whilst around London, I did noticed it changed when I went to Birmingham.

para999
20th May 2010, 21:39
Hi David, it does on mine, I listen to Heart 106.2 whilst around London, I did noticed it changed when I went to Birmingham.

I travel round the country a fair bit and start off with North Devon's Heart on 96.2 FM. I have to manually change to other Heart stations when I go through Somerset/Bristol/Midlands/London etc.

Not sure how it locates the strongest Heart signal...maybe it's a setting I haven't found yet!

Begiorlegi
20th May 2010, 22:33
Its no different that having to push buttons 1-6 on the standard head units and pushing the band button to go onto the next 6 set of station buttons ECT. to find the preset stations

I don't know any head unit that does what you are asking for.

Well, Tony, my english is not very good, and maybe I am wrong.
What I want is just the same that my Symphony does. If I have 12 preset stations and I don't remember where is BBC1, I push buttons 1-2-3... until its name appears in the screen. If I can only see the frequency number I dunno what I'm tuning, and does not seem very helpful to preset anything. Of course I can memorize 4 or 5 frequencies, but.... 18?

So, the question is, if I push button number 4 (preset station) thinking it's BBC1, what I'm gonna see, only the number frequency or/and the name of the station? :confused:

Thanks for your help. :o

para999
21st May 2010, 06:51
What I want is just the same that my Symphony does. If I have 12 preset stations and I don't remember where is BBC1, I push buttons 1-2-3... until its name appears in the screen. If I can only see the frequency number I dunno what I'm tuning, and does not seem very helpful to preset anything. Of course I can memorize 4 or 5 frequencies, but.... 18?

So, the question is, if I push button number 4 (preset station) thinking it's BBC1, what I'm gonna see, only the number frequency or/and the name of the station? :confused:

Hi

Every time you touch one of the presets and change frequency, it will show the RDS name of the station broadcasting assuming that the station transmits RDS. All of the mainstream stations do in the UK...BBC, large commercials ones, but some of the very small stations don't.

Mannie
21st May 2010, 07:32

The way I do it is to put the BBc ones in order 1234 then in order my favourites eg 6= Kerrang 7=Absolute and so on I don't have 18 stations I like so I guess for me that works

tony_fry
21st May 2010, 08:12

Hello Eliseo, the screen has 6 stations on each band, giving 18 FM stations, then you look at the screen is shows the only the frequency, when you touch each station, it wil then show the RDS name (if available), I have taken some of pictures to try to explain:-

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0108.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality on the one below (taken with IPHONE!!! you have to have a steady hand)
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0107.jpg

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0103.jpg

As you seen it shows the Station Name and if you look the the frequency is is highlighted in blue

One thing I do not know about is some on the stations have "EON" next to the "TP" symbol I am not sure what that is!! Perhaps another member could tell me.

Begiorlegi
21st May 2010, 09:26
Thanks for your explanations. No problem in that case... :D

Tony, I had fitted a Kenwood unit in an old car with RDS EON, and it gives you information about traffic. It was very helpful here in Spain. Because of my english, I prefer copy and paste this:

Enhanced Other Networks (EON) Most RDS tuners are now fitted with the EON facility, which offers the ability for local stations to 'break into' a national station's broadcast for the duration of a Traffic Announcement. When listening to a BBC national station, such as BBC Radio 3, EON will tell the radio about any traffic bulletins being broadcast by BBC stations in the local area. The radio would switch to the local BBC radio station for the travel bulletin, then back to the national station when the bulletin had finished. For example, when travelling through Oxford whilst BBC Radio 2 is tuned-in, the radio will switch to BBC Radio Oxford for any travel bulletins, with the TA function switched on. This feature is not usually implemented on commercial radio stations, such as Classic FM. While a proportion of the RDS datastream is used to provide programme and contact information for Classic FM, a small amount is classed as an "Additional Services Licence". This spare capacity on the RDS is used by Itis Holdings to provide a RDS-TMC (Radio Data System-Traffic Message Channel) service, using Classic FM's RDS. Cars fitted with the necessary electronics are able to decode this information and it is used to provide navigational and traffic information.

Regards.

tony_fry
21st May 2010, 09:42
This feature is not usually implemented on commercial radio stations, such as Classic FM. While a proportion of the RDS datastream is used to provide programme and contact information for Classic FM, a small amount is classed as an "Additional Services Licence". This spare capacity on the RDS is used by Itis Holdings to provide a RDS-TMC (Radio Data System-Traffic Message Channel) service, using Classic FM's RDS. Cars fitted with the necessary electronics are able to decode this information and it is used to provide navigational and traffic information.

Regards.

Hi Eliseo,

Thanks for letting me know what it relates too.

I am very interested in the TMC part of it, I really wanted this on my unit (which I paid extra for, but not received even on my replacement unit).

I know a "few" buyers of the units have TMC working, but the "factory" do not know how they have got it, and others don't.

I have been in contact with Sean about it, he has been advised that a firmware change is all that's need to get the TMC working on the RDS units, but the factory are dragging their heals, and do not seem to WANT to be very helpful with any updates to the firmware.

Now to the next question, does any of our "computer" boffin's know how to extract the firmware data from the head unit of the units with the TMC working, then we could possibly update our firmware on our units?.

:}

RichB
21st May 2010, 09:57
The fact that TMC is not yet guaranteed on these units is the only reason I haven't bought one yet. This is a must have for me and in fact I have a new message centre IPK and TMC module sat in my garage that I have been putting off fitting for the past few months waiting on news of these units!

Rich

tony_fry
21st May 2010, 10:08
The fact that TMC is not yet guaranteed on these units is the only reason I haven't bought one yet. This is a must have for me and in fact I have a new message centre IPK and TMC module sat in my garage that I have been putting off fitting for the past few months waiting on news of these units!

Rich

The IPK traffic master (which I also have fitted, is no were as good as the TMC on the head units, as I said I have paid extra for it on my unit, but it is STILL NOT working, I know it can be done as the head unit I have just got rid off had it and it worked great.

It must be time for Sean to put more pressure on the factory to get this problem resolved.

para999
21st May 2010, 11:04
The IPK traffic master (which I also have fitted, is no were as good as the TMC on the head units, as I said I have paid extra for it on my unit, but it is STILL NOT working, I know it can be done as the head unit I have just got rid off had it and it worked great.

It must be time for Sean to put more pressure on the factory to get this problem resolved.

Hi Tony... I know this is not for this thread really...but saw a silver 75 driving through Barnstaple several times today and thought of you.... Index number.. (*single number).. * FRY!!

JohnDotCom
21st May 2010, 11:44
Any half decent radio unit built in last three years or so all have RDS and EON as standard,
cannot believe this unit is so out of date with what users want and should be fitted with as standard.

tony_fry
21st May 2010, 15:22
Hi Tony... I know this is not for this thread really...but saw a silver 75 driving through Barnstaple several times today and thought of you.... Index number.. (*single number).. * FRY!!

How spoky is that mines T6 FRY

Jakg
21st May 2010, 15:46
I travel round the country a fair bit and start off with North Devon's Heart on 96.2 FM. I have to manually change to other Heart stations when I go through Somerset/Bristol/Midlands/London etc.

Not sure how it locates the strongest Heart signal...maybe it's a setting I haven't found yet!afaik auto-retuning is an RDS feature.

Not sure what TMC does, though.

One more question (I'm still saving the pennies!), when your using the satnav (I would be using TomTom 7), how do you change station / song etc? Can you jump to the menu then back in, or do you have to exit the application then re-open (and re-lock-on) like you do on my CE-based SatNav?

stux99
21st May 2010, 15:56
Ref the above, I (we) just use the remote.

Mannie
21st May 2010, 15:56
afaik auto-retuning is an RDS feature.

Not sure what TMC does, though.

One more question (I'm still saving the pennies!), when your using the satnav (I would be using TomTom 7), how do you change station / song etc? Can you jump to the menu then back in, or do you have to exit the application then re-open (and re-lock-on) like you do on my CE-based SatNav?

No you can flip in and out

sjr
21st May 2010, 19:03
Sean,
I know I am being really impatient. But do you have a tracking number for me.

Thanks in advance,

SJR

dudepop
21st May 2010, 21:00

thanks for the tip tony got it working now, got another problem tho :), connected my iphone to the rear ipod connecter, when i press the ipod icon on the head unit a message pops up on my iphone something like " this device was no made for the iphone do you to want switch to airplane mode to reduce interferance yes/no" dosnt matter what i select after i choose a track on my iphone it dosnt play through the head unit, when connect the iphone to the front usb it charges the phone but again wont play a track through the head unit....
apart from that the unit is fantastic and igo8 is so much better than tomtom but is there anyway you can change the kilometers to miles?

tony_fry
22nd May 2010, 08:05
thanks for the tip tony got it working now, got another problem tho :), connected my iphone to the rear ipod connecter, when i press the ipod icon on the head unit a message pops up on my iphone something like " this device was no made for the iphone do you to want switch to airplane mode to reduce interferance yes/no" dosnt matter what i select after i choose a track on my iphone it dosnt play through the head unit, when connect the iphone to the front usb it charges the phone but again wont play a track through the head unit....
apart from that the unit is fantastic and igo8 is so much better than tomtom but is there anyway you can change the kilometers to miles?

It's a pain with the IPOD, it "should" play ok, but it does not charge the units. On my unit it says not designed for use with this unit or something like that.

To change the Km to Miles go to menu settings, regional then click on Km it will change to miles, as simple as that

RichB
22nd May 2010, 09:44
Can the front facia be changed on these units? Just thinking if I ever want to fit it to another car with double-din slot, can you change it from Rover specific to universal?

Cheers,
Rich

para999
22nd May 2010, 15:37

I have had an ipod nano (generation 5) connected to mine and it recognises it and works..... unfortunately it doesn't charge though. I have not tried an ipod touch or phone...

lathbury
23rd May 2010, 00:17
Hi All, Overall I am very pleased with my unit from Sean, I could not have fitted it without Tony Fry, the man is a wizard with these things. I received a load of cables and leads and two of them have me puzzled as to their use. One has pod on one end which has a small piece on the end like a light, the other lead has a round nine pin connector on one end and the other end with a flat connector. Can anyone tell me what these are for please?. John.

dudepop
23rd May 2010, 06:31
Hi All, Overall I am very pleased with my unit from Sean, I could not have fitted it without Tony Fry, the man is a wizard with these things. I received a load of cables and leads and two of them have me puzzled as to their use. One has pod on one end which has a small piece on the end like a light, the other lead has a round nine pin connector on one end and the other end with a flat connector. Can anyone tell me what these are for please?. John.
the flat connector is for an iphone/ipod, but it dosnt work on my iphone or my ipod touch but it works ok with ipod nano.

My sat nav frooze yesterday while i was at southport beech enjoying the sun, ive turned the unit on and offf a few times but the igo8 satnav wont respond, any ideas?

Radioguy
23rd May 2010, 12:36
the flat connector is for an iphone/ipod, but it dosnt work on my iphone or my ipod touch but it works ok with ipod nano.

My sat nav frooze yesterday while i was at southport beech enjoying the sun, ive turned the unit on and offf a few times but the igo8 satnav wont respond, any ideas?

Dudepop are you getting any message or screens when you go to GPS Mode?

Sean

dudepop
23rd May 2010, 12:38
Dudepop are you getting any message or screens when you go to GPS Mode?

Sean
no messages, just frooze...anyhow tried it again today and all is well again

Radioguy
23rd May 2010, 13:01
no messages, just frooze...anyhow tried it again today and all is well again

After sitting for the night? Did it come back at all yesterday ?

lathbury
23rd May 2010, 20:20
Hi Sean, Do you have fitting instructions for the DV B/T and the wireless camera as I am really stuck now. Tony Fry gave me great advice on fitting and tuning the H/U in but I can't bother him again, so can you anybody help please?. John.

Radioguy
24th May 2010, 02:00
Hi Sean, Do you have fitting instructions for the DV B/T and the wireless camera as I am really stuck now. Tony Fry gave me great advice on fitting and tuning the H/U in but I can't bother him again, so can you anybody help please?. John.

Hi John
I Am trying to get the settings for the DVB-T.
Because I am Canada, I cannot "fiddle " with it my self (No DVB-T here)

For the Camera

Here are the wiring instructions as clearly as I can make them with Pics

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/MGreceiver2.jpghttp://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/MGtransmitter1.jpg

sjr
24th May 2010, 13:50
Sean,

Any news on a tracking number for me?

Thanks,

SJR

EDIT: I have just seen that you sent it to me an hour ago.

Thanks for your help with this.
SJR

mattyclul
24th May 2010, 17:42
Hey guys,

Installed the unit, looks good, but it wont play a dvd.
Well it does you can hear it but the screen is blue and it says alarm dont watch the screen.

Am i doing something wrong?

tony_fry
24th May 2010, 18:01
Hey guys,

Well it does you can hear it but the screen is blue and it says alarm dont watch the screen.

Matty,

I think you will find you have or have not connected the Brown wire on Plug 1 terminal 1, it should cut off the screen so you can not watch the DVD, TV whilst driving.

I would check to see what you have it connected too

Radioguy
24th May 2010, 18:03
Hey guys,

Hi Matt, You have your Hand Brake wire connected, You should change the Handbrake wire to EARTH (GROUND)

Sean

mattyclul
24th May 2010, 18:07
Hi Sean,

Where would i find that?
i just connected it up using the fly leads and a bmw to iso adapter.

mattyclul
24th May 2010, 18:09
Sorry Tony i didnt see your reply.
Will have a check tomorrow!

thanks

Matt

mattyclul
24th May 2010, 18:20
Tony,

Whilst on the subject of installing, as your have been so helpful and knowledgable, when i removed the old unit there was a small white box in the are behind the old stereo, any ideas what it does?

There was also a small connector with three wires which was seperate to the main iso block that connected up to the unit but bounded with the rest of the wires. Any idea what this also does?

Whatever they are i have left them connected so it cant cause too much harm!

Radioguy
25th May 2010, 01:53
Has anyone any photos of the Reverse cameras installed ? Or Vids ?

tony_fry
25th May 2010, 06:23
Tony,

Whilst on the subject of installing, as your have been so helpful and knowledgable, when i removed the old unit there was a small white box in the are behind the old stereo, any ideas what it does?

There was also a small connector with three wires which was seperate to the main iso block that connected up to the unit but bounded with the rest of the wires. Any idea what this also does?

Whatever they are i have left them connected so it cant cause too much harm!

Sorry Matt

I have no idea what the box's are that you are referring to

petrutms
26th May 2010, 07:15
hello, i developed the wince patch for nowada boards, your device have same board.
I released my patch for your devices too.
If you dont know what is all about, just check golf forums : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203&page=1
If i`m not allowed to post link to other forums, please edit my post.
Thank you.
For any questions just ask.
Petrut

milosnikolic
26th May 2010, 07:24
hello, i developed the wince patch for nowada boards, your device have same board.
If you dont know what is all about, just check golf forums : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203&page=1
Thank you.
Petrut

the link doesn't work...

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 07:27
Thank you.
Petrut

Link does not work.

What does the patch relate to?

petrutms
26th May 2010, 07:41
golf forums is down no, please try later.
Until then here is an OLD video, my patch on an old device and menus, but you can see what it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFt3tC0DAIU
The patch give access to wince , so i can say it unlocks the device. You`ll have full desktop, taskbar, you can install many applications ( some new mp3 players and video player included ) , and also internet ( extra option ) if you add a usb to the gps board ( hardware mod ).

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 08:05
golf forums is down no, please try later.
Until then here is an OLD video, my patch on an old device and menus, but you can see what it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFt3tC0DAIU
The patch give access to wince , so i can say it unlocks the device. You`ll have full desktop, taskbar, you can install many applications ( some new mp3 players and video player included ) , and also internet ( extra option ) if you add a usb to the gps board ( hardware mod ).

Looks interesting, similar application to MioPocket, will give it a try once the site is up and running again.

petrutms
26th May 2010, 08:10
no, is way different that miopocket. Miopocket is just a shell, this is real desktop , with many tweaks and improvements. Also miopocket have big problems running on nowada boards.

site is up,, many many details here... http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107203&page=1

petrutms
26th May 2010, 15:51
need feedback after installing please. i dont have a live unit for rover.

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 15:59
need feedback after installing please. i dont have a live unit for rover.

Is the patch reversible? I know a few members would be interested but have no information from you.

petrutms
26th May 2010, 16:01
yes, 100% safe and reversible.

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 16:05
yes, 100% safe and reversible.

And are all the fuctions on the orginal head unit still usable?

I.E
1 :If the unit has RDS radio, will it still be able to get station names?
2: will you still be able to use the original front end (SAT NAV, TV, CCD ECT)

I have just read your instruction and there is no information about reinstalling the original firmware to bring the unit back to factory setting

petrutms
26th May 2010, 16:29
this patch is for gps board only. no other menus will be affected, everything will work as before. Please download again the patch ( login to your account ) , i just updated with an unistall program and intructions.

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 16:33
this patch is for gps board only. no other menus will be affected, everything will work as before. Please download again the patch ( login to your account ) , i just updated with an unistall program and intructions.

Thank you, I will have a look

petrutms
26th May 2010, 16:36
tony dwl now, forgot to update link. after dwl you should have a file named wincerover

tony_fry
26th May 2010, 16:42
tony dwl now, forgot to update link. after dwl you should have a file named wincerover

Ok I am d/l it now

75ConSE
26th May 2010, 21:22
Tony.... Petrut sounds like someone that could sort out the TMC problem!!

petrutms
27th May 2010, 06:32
what tmc problem ? tony did you installed the patch?

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 06:37

Hi Petrutms,

Yes I downloaded the patch and it works fine.

The problem we all have is we can not get the TMC on IGO to work, some members have TMC working and but most of us can not get it to work, the factory who make the units do not know what they did to get TMC working!!!

We have thought about adding an external TMC receiver, but we have a problem with the COM port on the units, could you advise us of a fix for this problem?

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 06:50

There are a number of "missing" parts to the patch, you are not able to view the setting filly from settings I.E you are not able to see com ports, it seems like a cut down version of windows, most thinks you are able to do, but one thing I noticed if you set the time, next time you start the unit its "lost" the time and if you move icons on the screen, and next time you start it up they have moved, you can not seem to change this setting, I have only "played" with it for a while. But it seems to work well

petrutms
27th May 2010, 07:20
that`s why i`m here, for support, as you saw on golf forums there are 20 pages of talk :).
Attached you have a device manager program that will show com ports available, and many other info. Just copy device manager folder in storage card/program files and make a shortcut on desktop or in start menu where you want ( in tools maybe ). Of course is cut down version of windows, that is wince... With my patch you can add missing dll and registry to windows and make many ppc or winmobile apps work. Time is set by gps only, unit will get gps time on reboot, never remembers it in wince mode. Icons position can`t be remembered. You can add your own using the guide from readme.

i`ll look into tmc problem. I know is igo problem, something about missing driver for tmc, tmc on your unit have royaltek chipset.

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 07:28
that`s why i`m here, for support, as you saw on golf forums there are 20 pages of talk :).
Attached you have a device manager program that will show com ports available, and many other info. Just copy device manager folder in storage card/program files and make a shortcut on desktop or in start menu where you want ( in tools maybe ). Of course is cut down version of windows, that is wince... With my patch you can add missing dll and registry to windows and make many ppc or winmobile apps work. Time is set by gps only, unit will get gps time on reboot, never remembers it in wince mode. Icons position can`t be remembered. You can add your own using the guide from readme.

i`ll look into tmc problem. I know is igo problem, something about missing driver for tmc, tmc on your unit have royaltek chipset.

Many thanks Petrutms,

I will add the attachment.

I know if you were able to help with the TMC problem, a LOT of members would download your patch. I have checked the licences on IGO and they are enabled for TMC, as you said the it has the Royaltek chipset, and I have RDS enabled and working, but some members did not opt for this when they brought the unit.

We wait to hear back from you.

petrutms
27th May 2010, 07:35
if you have tmc, please run device manager program and post the com numbers and all data assigned to them , also dll loaded on every com port ( in properties tab )

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 08:09

Petrutms

I have d/l the attachment, and put the whole folder in Storage Card\Programs
and I get this message when I try to run it.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0110.jpg

It does not load!

I do not have TMC working on my unit so I can not give you the details on com ports ECT, if I could get the device Manager to work, I should be able to give you more details.

petrutms
27th May 2010, 09:07
your device is missing some files, try this one

also you can set taskbar always on top...sometime is useful.

Mintman
27th May 2010, 09:24
Hi

Little white box is the steering wheel remote control module(cruise control and /or radio controls)

Cheers Mintman

Radioguy
27th May 2010, 10:12
Many thanks Petrutms,

I will add the attachment.

I know if you were able to help with the TMC problem, a LOT of members would download your patch. I have checked the licences on IGO and they are enabled for TMC, as you said the it has the Royaltek chipset, and I have RDS enabled and working, but some members did not opt for this when they brought the unit.

We wait to hear back from you.

Let Me Qualify that a LITTLE , The earlier Units for certain had the Royaltek Chipsets but that has not been verified on the newer units

petrutms
27th May 2010, 10:29
all nowada boards have royaltek chipset, i dissasembled one of latest units last week, it have 2450 board ( nowada 2450 system firmware ) and royaltek chipset. Old 2440 had same chipset.
I wonder if any of you tried gurjon skin ? I remember it had an option when scanning for tmc to select chipset type, port and baudrate. Please try it...
Tony please post here com ports even on your device tmc is not working ( but must be hardware present ), or anyone else please run my tool.

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 10:46
all nowada boards have royaltek chipset, i dissasembled one of latest units last week, it have 2450 board ( nowada 2450 system firmware ) and royaltek chipset. Old 2440 had same chipset.
I wonder if any of you tried gurjon skin ? I remember it had an option when scanning for tmc to select chipset type, port and baudrate. Please try it...
Tony please post here com ports even on your device tmc is not working ( but must be hardware present ), or anyone else please run my tool.

rover wince patch : http://flydigital.ro/wince/productdetail-8-.htm

Hi Petrutms

Pictures from the device manager as requested

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0113.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0114.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0115.jpg

petrutms
27th May 2010, 10:52
you dont have tmc hardware on your device, that`s 100 % sure. If the board have tmc, must be another com port available, not only 2 ports. Anyone with tmc working want to run the tool ?

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 10:55
you dont have tmc hardware on your device, that`s 100 % sure. If the board have tmc, must be another com port available, not only 2 ports. Anyone with tmc working want to run the tool ?

Could we use COM:5 and an external RDS/TMC Receiver?

petrutms
27th May 2010, 11:01
external tmc, how it connects ? usb ? if usb, you can use it, but must make hardware mod, add usb to gps board.

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 11:03
external tmc, how it connects ? usb ? if usb, you can use it, but must make hardware mod, add usb to gps board.

Yes there are several USB TMC receivers on the market, could we not use USB on the COM5? we have front connection for the USB. or how easy is it to add TMC unit on the board?

petrutms
27th May 2010, 11:09
that usb is not connected to gps board. That usb is connected to multimedia board ( radio, dvd, etc ) . You need to open unit and solder a cable. I`ve done that to add internet connection.

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 11:19
that usb is not connected to gps board. That usb is connected to multimedia board ( radio, dvd, etc ) . You need to open unit and solder a cable. I`ve done that to add internet connection.

mmm, that's very interesting, you could lake a lot of people happy, what sort of cable would you need? and does it need to go on the GPS board or the main board?, I have read all the 20 pages on your site, and have seen you have the internet on your head unit.

Perhaps you could post some more information.

petrutms
27th May 2010, 11:26
all you need is a simple usb cable ( extension usb cable ), cut it to not be more than 1m long, and solder it like this :
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2283146&postcount=232

tony_fry
27th May 2010, 11:32
all you need is a simple usb cable ( extension usb cable ), cut it to not be more than 1m long, and solder it like this :
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2283146&postcount=232

Very good news, and would we need any more updates on your patch to enable this USB Com Port?

petrutms
27th May 2010, 11:38
no , my patch fully support it ( except internet ). Internet will not be available soon for sale because a made contract with some factory...
You can use that usb to add keyboard, usb hub, card reader, etc. No bluetooth, no usb 3g modem , soon only some wifi adaptors.
Soon wifi support for free in my patch. You`ll know when will be released :)

dudepop
27th May 2010, 15:19
After sitting for the night? Did it come back at all yesterday ?
had to leave it overnite, got another problem in igo8, i have camera warnings enabled both visual and audible but i dont get either when i pass camera

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 06:45
had to leave it overnite, got another problem in igo8, i have camera warnings enabled both visual and audible but i don't get either when i pass camera

Greg,

What format is your speed cams? and are they in the IGO8\Content\Speed Cams folder? In my case they are in TXT format.

I would suggest you download a skin for the IGO8.

The best one I have found is Gurjon, the link to the web site is:-

http://www.gurjon.com/

Use the GJ 6.17p_da_480x800_800x480, but it does depend on your SYS.TXT (Which should be in the route directory) file on which one you use.

Here is my SYS.TXT File

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1

[rawdisplay]
driver="gdi"
class="landscape"
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

[map]
2dheadup=1

[roundaboutcam]
enabled=0 ;(1)
centery=20 ;(50)

[screen]
menu_animation=0

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

[navigation]
show_current_city=1
show_countrychange=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=500
3dcarsizemax=600
3dcarsizemul=3000

[debug]
reserve_memory=1835008
cache=262144sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
disable_outlookpoi=1
show_oneway=1
show_speed_limit=1
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
autosave=1
cache=4096

[warning]
speedwarn_alt_builtup_based=1
speedcam_visualtype=1
speedcam_soundtype=2
speedwarn_tolerance=100

[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600

Which is set to run IGO in true 800x480 mode on my unit.

You will also have to add a audio folder to the root directory of IGO8 below is a link to upload the Audio file, it can only be uploaded 10 times, so be quick down loading it.

http://ul.to/ujmcrt

This is a Ziped file so you will have to unzip it. Add it to the route directory of IGO.

You will only be able to set up the speed cams once you have a GPS signal for the original skin on IGO and it should only give you a bleep. Once you have downloaded the G.J skin you will be able to give the voices to the speed cams I.E "Redlight Camera", "Gatso 50mph" ECT

I also have fully voice instructions running on my unit (Without "Out of Memory" errors), I.E "Take 3rd Exit On To A2" and "Take next left On To Mayo Road" ECT, but that is another story.

I will be doing a "HOW TO" soon, but its getting the time to do it for the forum.

lathbury
28th May 2010, 07:23
Hi Tony, I have been trying to get my sys file the same as yours. Mine is different in " yours ding =0, mine ding=1, yours has a map group autonight mode =1, 3d maxtilt level etc, mine has protocol= nmea". Have I done something wrong?. Also when I turn the unit on the sound is deafening, I have used the r/c to turn it down but it is very high every time I switch on. Many thanks, John.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 07:37
Hi Tony, I have been trying to get my sys file the same as yours. Mine is different in " yours ding =0, mine ding=1, yours has a map group autonight mode =1, 3d maxtilt level etc, mine has protocol= nmea". Have I done something wrong?. Also when I turn the unit on the sound is deafening, I have used the r/c to turn it down but it is very high every time I switch on. Many thanks, John.

Hello John

The "0" turns things off "1" forces them to work.

The ding is before voice announcements (which I think is annoying so I removed it)

Autonight:- mode is it makes the screen go into a darkened mode so the screen is not bright.

There are many different setting, I could give a link to the forum I use for info on IGO but there are over 500 pages to read through!!

As for the loud volume, its stange, I know when I 1st installed my unit it had a very high volume, I just turned it down and its fine now, have you had a look on the settings menu, I am sure if click on one of the tab, there is settings there that yo can adjust.

I would suggest you save your SYS.TXT file onto your computer, then copy my settings to your unit and see how it goes, if need be you could then restore your original setting if needed

If you want I can phone you and go through them with you, just let me know.

lathbury
28th May 2010, 07:58
Hi Tony, Thanks for that quick reply, I have saved my sys file in my doc. folder. Can I contact you after lunch as I have to go for a blood test at 9.30?. Many thanks. John.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 08:03
Hi Tony, Thanks for that quick reply, I have saved my sys file in my doc. folder. Can I contact you after lunch as I have to go for a blood test at 9.30?. Many thanks. John.

Yep give me a call on my mobile ( I take it you still have my number?) and I will phone you back.

lathbury
28th May 2010, 10:57
Hi Tony, You have a p.m. John.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 11:16
Hi Tony, You have a p.m. John.

Hi John,

PM'd you back

petrutms
28th May 2010, 12:46
no one with tmc working ( or at least hardware present, from their knowledge... ) tried my device manager program ? need the com info.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 13:34
no one with tmc working ( or at least hardware present, from their knowledge... ) tried my device manager program ? need the com info.

Hi petrutms

The only member that I know that has the TMC working is David Lawrence, I have sent him a P.M and asked him to use your device manager to identify the COM port on his unit.

Hopefully, we will get a response.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 13:43
David has just Pm'd me and will have a look this afternoon.

So hopefully either he will post, or I will with the settings once he know what they are.

lathbury
28th May 2010, 14:07
I have been having a mess around with the settings and wanted to have the day/night modes but have set the unit to night mode and can barely see the screen. Should I wait for darkness to alter it or can I do it now?. Also, on switching on the volume is very loud, how do I alter it so it is low on startup?. Thanks. John.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 14:10
David has been super fast and taken a picture which he has emailed me:-

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/TMC.jpg

As you can see COM:3 is assigned to TMC (why doesn't mine have it :mad::mad::mad:)

Hopefully this will be of help to petrutms with his quest on getting the TMC on our units.

I have just noticed David also has COM1 Bluetooth Does anyone else have this?

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 14:15
I have been having a mess around with the settings and wanted to have the day/night modes but have set the unit to night mode and can barely see the screen. Should I wait for darkness to alter it or can I do it now?. Also, on switching on the volume is very loud, how do I alter it so it is low on startup?. Thanks. John.

John

Just wait until I do the micro card for you, it will change automatically when it gets to dusk, as per previous messages it is a setting within the sys.txt

petrutms
28th May 2010, 14:30
as i thought... all ok. now someone pls do the usb mod and try a usb tmc. In theory i can assign it to the free usb com port.

Anyone that doesn`t have TMC com port in device manager, DOESN`T HAVE tmc hardware present.

dudepop
28th May 2010, 14:36
David has been super fast and taken a picture which he has emailed me:-

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/TMC.jpg

As you can see COM:3 is assigned to TMC (why doesn't mine have it :mad::mad::mad:)

Hopefully this will be of help to petrutms with his quest on getting the TMC on our units.

I have just noticed David also has COM1 Bluetooth Does anyone else have this?
how do you can this screen up on the head unit? Presuming that is a picture of the head unit?

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 14:43
how do you can this screen up on the head unit? Presuming that is a picture of the head unit?

The Device Program is on post 417 download it and run from the head unit.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 14:53
as i thought... all ok. now someone pls do the usb mod and try a usb tmc. In theory i can assign it to the free usb com port.

Anyone that doesn`t have TMC com port in device manager, DOESN`T HAVE tmc hardware present.

petrutms, what about the bluetooth on Com1?

petrutms
28th May 2010, 17:11
dont think is present, that com port is there in most firmwares or boards. You can add a bluetooth usb, but the dialing program must be present in firmware. Many firmwares are missing that.
Anyway, he can try to browse to windows directory on device, and see if there is a file btdial.exe or something like that. If there is, he can run it and see if bluetooth hardware is present.

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 18:07
Just a quick note to anyone wanting to buy one of these units, I would holey recommend you get one from Sean (RadioGuy) he has more than helpful with a unit I received that was faulty, although I had to pay the return postage (nearly £60.00) he made a full refund back to my original method of payment and the replacement unit arrive in just over 7 days again at his costs.

So simply sorted out and no extra costs to me unlike my previous unit which cost me £70.00 to return and I NEVER received on.

Would Cathy have been so helpful, NO from what I gather from other members who have brought there unit the back up is,--- NIL and don't seem to get back to you on any problems that you might have.

Just a big thank you to Sean :}:}:}:}

petrutms
28th May 2010, 18:30
the files needed to be in firmware in windows folder to test if bluetooth hardware is present ( only on tmc units ) , are btmusic.exe and mobileremotor.exe. If anyone have them try to run and scan for bluetooth.

Radioguy
28th May 2010, 18:31
Thanks for the "Plug" Tony..........

Our guarantee is Solid. We will pay Shipping costs in BOTH directions per our guarantee. We normally will not wait for the defective unit to physically return, as long as it is tracking we go.

I want to say also that the forum members are a pleasure to serve.

I won't say anything about you yourself because it could never be enough. Thank you for your interest and support.

Sean
RadioGuy

Just a quick note to anyone wanting to buy one of these units, I would holey recommend you get one from Sean (RadioGuy) he has more than helpful with a unit I received that was faulty, although I had to pay the return postage (nearly £60.00) he made a full refund back to my original method of payment and the replacement unit arrive in just over 7 days.

Would Cathy have been so helpful, NO from what I gather from other members who have brought there unit the back up is,--- NIL and don't seem to get back to you on any problems that you might have.

David Lawrence
28th May 2010, 19:10
dont think is present, that com port is there in most firmwares or boards. You can add a bluetooth usb, but the dialing program must be present in firmware. Many firmwares are missing that.
Anyway, he can try to browse to windows directory on device, and see if there is a file btdial.exe or something like that. If there is, he can run it and see if bluetooth hardware is present.

what would the bluetooth hardware do if I had it?

petrutms
28th May 2010, 19:19
make calls from wince side, maybe dial up for internet, even can be integrated in igo to call from poi numbers. Also full phonebook support, i dont think there are happy users with the built in bluetooth phonebook system... so slow and buggy.

dudepop
28th May 2010, 19:23
The Device Program is on post 417 download it and run from the head unit.
sorry for being a thicko...i unziped the device manager to a usb stick, the attatched the usb via supplied cable to front head unit, got a message `unsuported file`

can someone point me in the correct direction

cheers

tony_fry
28th May 2010, 19:26
make calls from wince side, maybe dial up for internet, even can be integrated in igo to call from poi numbers. Also full phonebook support, i dont think there are happy users with the built in bluetooth phonebook system... so slow and buggy.

Now you get everyone excited phonebook is what most want

David Lawrence
28th May 2010, 19:42
Now you get everyone excited phonebook is what most want

I've just updated my map from Navteq 2009.Q3 to Navteq 2009.Q4 and noticed that now on the TMC events the road number no longer appears. It came back when I went back to Q3, but why would that happen? Any ideas?

petrutms
28th May 2010, 22:54
dudepop, that must be run from wince. so set it as navi exe and run it. or get my patch.

paulads
29th May 2010, 08:11
Just a quick note to anyone wanting to buy one of these units, I would holey recommend you get one from Sean (RadioGuy) he has more than helpful with a unit I received that was faulty, although I had to pay the return postage (nearly £60.00) he made a full refund back to my original method of payment and the replacement unit arrive in just over 7 days again at his costs.

So simply sorted out and no extra costs to me unlike my previous unit which cost me £70.00 to return and I NEVER received on.

Each to their own...

I bought mine from Hualingan - before Sean showed up on the forum - safe payment - quick delivery - and my unit has exactly what i specified and paid for in my order...

...and they sent me one that worked...

stux99
29th May 2010, 08:21
You pays your money, you takes your chance.............
Personally, buying from Sean with the support of the forum is a no brainer.
Especially when you have the likes of Tony:bowdown:, and others, for tech advice and so on. Thats my two penneth anyways:D

paulads
29th May 2010, 08:24
You pays your money, you takes your chance.............
Personally, buying from Sean with the support of the forum is a no brainer.
Especially when you have the likes of Tony:bowdown:, and others, for tech advice and so on. Thats my two penneth anyways:D

of course it wasn't a no-brainer when he wasn't here to buy from

sjr
29th May 2010, 08:44
Sean,

When I try to track my H/U it just says no information availiable. Any ideas?

SJR

Radioguy
29th May 2010, 14:42
Sean,

When I try to track my H/U it just says no information availiable. Any ideas?

SJR

Justin , I have my agent looking into it.
Sometimes Expor Control stops for inspection. Ill be back to you

picky747
29th May 2010, 17:30
Thank to Petrutms WinCE hack I have today done the USB mod to the satnav module and can confirm that IT WORKS!Once the unit was out of the car it only took 10mins to complete and on re-installing it found the USB immediately.I used a cable off one of these USB backplates that you can get from computer shops anywhere.
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/images/usb-dual-port-backplate.jpg

This is the one I used.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23iyp8k.jpg

Where to connect on the board.

http://i46.tinypic.com/33aexqt.jpg

I was able to run a 60gig hard drive formatted to FAT32 with a 5v adapter plugged into the cig lighter as the unit cannot provide enough power to run a hard drive but can run a memory stick or card reader.
The hack gives a windows style desktop and some media players with better format compatibility. Jules,this does support FLAC so you could load up a hard drive full.
The media player supports album art as well.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25zt0sp.jpg

In WinCE it shows as USBHD

http://i45.tinypic.com/fwoms7.jpg

Big thanks to Tony for his input on this ,hopefully the TMC problem may soon be resolved.Just need to run a USB extension cable into the glovebox now and hardwire the 5v adapter out of sight.

stux99
29th May 2010, 18:04
This is getting better all the time:)
Just got to pluck up courage to try this myself.

dudepop
29th May 2010, 18:24
[quote=tony_fry;530987]Greg,

What format is your speed cams? and are they in the IGO8\Content\Speed Cams folder? In my case they are in TXT format.

no pal its "SpeedcamUpdates.spud" in content\speedcam folder, any ideas?
There is no igo8 folder, i have
backup
content
custom
defaults
license
save
ul_igo8

petrutms
29th May 2010, 18:56
i`m so glad when i see happy users of my patch. As i said is easy to install ( usb mod too ) and 100% safe.

picky747
29th May 2010, 19:59
i`m so glad when i see happy users of my patch. As i said is easy to install ( usb mod too ) and 100% safe.

Do you have an English patch for this board as some parts are still in Chinese?

matt1301
29th May 2010, 20:20
Could you run a carpc software on it now? Perhaps a usb dab receiver if such a thing exists? Think ill have to bite the bullet on this now

petrutms
29th May 2010, 20:41
@picky, i have full english firmware but is not tested on your device, touchscreen may not work or board can die... is risky. If you want to risk the board, i`ll send it to you. This firmware works 100% pefect and safe on maisun devices ( same gps board, maybe same hardware )
@matt, no you cant.. this is wince , not xp.

David Lawrence
29th May 2010, 20:56
@picky, i have full english firmware but is not tested on your device, touchscreen may not work or board can die... is risky. If you want to risk the board, i`ll send it to you. This firmware works 100% pefect and safe on maisun devices ( same gps board, maybe same hardware )
@matt, no you cant.. this is wince , not xp.

What about some kind of Bluetooth dialer and phonebook app? I found that from IGO8 I could turn the bluetooth on and off because it disconnected my phone when I pressed the button on the IGO menu, but I cant do anything else.

petrutms
29th May 2010, 21:00
hmmm, so it looks you have bluetooth hardware installed. as i said before browse to windows folder and look for mobileremotor.exe , and run it. If you dont have my patch, get it, will help you alot. If you dont have the file, i`ll send you one, but i need pictures with the main menu in gps mode ( main shell )

phenonix
30th May 2010, 00:21
Any possibility to see the board "after" the mod, just to see exactly how each wire is connected to each point

Thank to Petrutms WinCE hack I have today done the USB mod to the satnav module and can confirm that IT WORKS!Once the unit was out of the car it only took 10mins to complete and on re-installing it found the USB immediately.I used a cable off one of these USB backplates that you can get from computer shops anywhere.
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/images/usb-dual-port-backplate.jpg

This is the one I used.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23iyp8k.jpg

Where to connect on the board.

http://i46.tinypic.com/33aexqt.jpg

I was able to run a 60gig hard drive formatted to FAT32 with a 5v adapter plugged into the cig lighter as the unit cannot provide enough power to run a hard drive but can run a memory stick or card reader.
The hack gives a windows style desktop and some media players with better format compatibility. Jules,this does support FLAC so you could load up a hard drive full.
The media player supports album art as well.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25zt0sp.jpg

In WinCE it shows as USBHD

http://i45.tinypic.com/fwoms7.jpg

Big thanks to Tony for his input on this ,hopefully the TMC problem may soon be resolved.Just need to run a USB extension cable into the glovebox now and hardwire the 5v adapter out of sight.

phenonix
30th May 2010, 06:01
Hi
Would anyone have the original NWDFLASH folder, Petrutms has asked me for it but needs it from someone who has not applied the patch

picky747
30th May 2010, 19:06
Any possibility to see the board "after" the mod, just to see exactly how each wire is connected to each point

Just trim the wires on the usb lead and tin the ends with solder.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhxusg.jpg

Then just solder the wires on to the pads as shown.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25gf39g.jpg

Make sure none of the wires are touching each other and then cover the connections using a hot glue gun,this prevents accidentally pulling the wires off and also insulates them.
Sorry about quality of the pics but camera on my phone is not up to much.

Tried a wireless keyboard today and it works but there is no mouse pointer in WinCE.Leads are now fitted in the glove box for the hard drive.I'm using a 60gig portable hd which came out of my PS3 and at the moment has 70 albums on and has only used 10gig so plenty left to play with.

tony_fry
30th May 2010, 19:18
That's great Graham how did you remove the GPS board? I have not yet taken mine part for the MOD

picky747
30th May 2010, 19:29
That's great Graham how did you remove the GPS board? I have not yet taken mine part for the MOD

Hi Tony,just remove all the screws from the backplate and pull it away then remove the bottom plate (it should just come off as one of the backplate screws holds it in) on the bottom of the mainboard is a screw that holds the satnav module bracket ,once removed you can wiggle the module out of its socket.Do use a hot glue gun over where you solder to prevent the wires pulling off.I got a USB extension lead today from the pound shop so it 's quite a cheap upgrade to do.Good luck and have fun!!

ianw
31st May 2010, 07:40
hi there would it be possible to connect a usb hub onto the board from the connections shown in this post. thanx

petrutms
31st May 2010, 09:17
yes, working perfect.

Radioguy
31st May 2010, 11:39
Sorry to change the subject here a bit but if anyone wants the IGO8 Manual, I can Email it to you

Please email me at [email protected]

Sean
RadioGuy

lathbury
31st May 2010, 12:01
Hi Sean, I would like a manual please. I have bought an aerial from Capese, did one come with the dvb/t box as I cannot identify it. I am waiting for someone to fit the dvb/t and wireless reverse camera and do the how to before I tackle it. Many thanks. John.

David Lawrence
31st May 2010, 13:19
Hi Sean, I would like a manual please. I have bought an aerial from Capese, did one come with the dvb/t box as I cannot identify it. I am waiting for someone to fit the dvb/t and wireless reverse camera and do the how to before I tackle it. Many thanks. John.

What are you finding difficult about the DVB-T install?

It just needs 12 v and then plug the AV wires in to the ones marked up for it on the unit. One for Video and two for the stereo audio. You can't really get it wrong. The aerial from Capese I think comes with an F-plug and I dont know what kind of socket is on the box from Radioguy so you could need a simple F-Plug to Coax plug adapter at £2 from B+Q. If lucky then it already has F-plug.

To try it out at first get your 12v by plugging in to the cigar lighter to make sure everything works. You'll need a 12v cigar lighter plug to do that of course. Once you';re happy it all works then you can decidewhere to get a more permanent 12v supply from. I used the connectors intended for the 12v rechargable torch and fitted a switch in the glovebox.

There is another post somewhere from Picky showing where to fit the aerial on the rear window, but only put it there if you don't have a rear sunblind. I do, and it clashed. You then run the aerial cable up over the doors by simply pulling back the rubber door seals and stuffing the cable up behind it.

Not a how to exactly but covers most the points. Can't do pictures as mine is already installed now, but I can tell you it took no more than about 10 minutes.

RichB
31st May 2010, 15:26
Can the front facia be changed on these units? Just thinking if I ever want to fit it to another car with double-din slot, can you change it from Rover specific to universal?

Cheers,
Rich

Can anyone with their hands on one of these units determine if the facia can be changed to universal double din?

Cheers,
Rich

picky747
31st May 2010, 16:02
Can anyone with their hands on one of these units determine if the facia can be changed to universal double din?

Cheers,
Rich

No it can't be changed as the size is 75/zt specific.

picky747
31st May 2010, 16:37

Petrutms,could you send me the english firmware please or point me to a download link,thanks.Also when I run the GAPI setup the device selected in the list was shown as Maisun NWD2440 800x480.Does this program auto detect the hardware?if so then it looks like the firmware would be compatible.

dudepop
31st May 2010, 18:13
Greg,

I would suggest you download a skin for the IGO8.

The best one I have found is Gurjon, the link to the web site is:-

http://www.gurjon.com/

Use the GJ 6.17p_da_480x800_800x480, but it does depend on your SYS.TXT (Which should be in the route directory) file on which one you use.

Here is my SYS.TXT File

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
laneinfo_signpost_enabled=1

[rawdisplay]
driver="gdi"
class="landscape"
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

[map]
2dheadup=1

[roundaboutcam]
enabled=0 ;(1)
centery=20 ;(50)

[screen]
menu_animation=0

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

[navigation]
show_current_city=1
show_countrychange=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=500
3dcarsizemax=600
3dcarsizemul=3000

[debug]
reserve_memory=1835008
cache=262144sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
disable_outlookpoi=1
show_oneway=1
show_speed_limit=1
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
autosave=1
cache=4096

[warning]
speedwarn_alt_builtup_based=1
speedcam_visualtype=1
speedcam_soundtype=2
speedwarn_tolerance=100

[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600

Which is set to run IGO in true 800x480 mode on my unit.

You will also have to add a audio folder to the root directory of IGO8 below is a link to upload the Audio file, it can only be uploaded 10 times, so be quick down loading it.

http://ul.to/ujmcrt

This is a Ziped file so you will have to unzip it. Add it to the route directory of IGO.

You will only be able to set up the speed cams once you have a GPS signal for the original skin on IGO and it should only give you a bleep. Once you have downloaded the G.J skin you will be able to give the voices to the speed cams I.E "Redlight Camera", "Gatso 50mph" ECT

I also have fully voice instructions running on my unit (Without "Out of Memory" errors), I.E "Take 3rd Exit On To A2" and "Take next left On To Mayo Road" ECT, but that is another story.

I will be doing a "HOW TO" soon, but its getting the time to do it for the forum.

ok tony i copy pasted your sys.txt which has replaced my sys.txt and i put the audio folder on my sd card at the root, but still no luck with visual or audable speedcam warning and yes they are both selected in the settings, any more ideas?

petrutms
31st May 2010, 19:42
Petrutms,could you send me the english firmware please or point me to a download link,thanks.Also when I run the GAPI setup the device selected in the list was shown as Maisun NWD2440 800x480.Does this program auto detect the hardware?if so then it looks like the firmware would be compatible.

in theory will work but there is a small chance that touchscreen will not work or even worse. If you are willing to risk your board, i`ll send you the firmware.
Program detects hardware, and harwdware is identical to other boards, but other components can be different ( touchscreen )

RichB
31st May 2010, 20:11
No it can't be changed as the size is 75/zt specific.

OK, next question (probably for Radio Guy), can you buy this unit or equivalent with universal double din mounting?

Cheers,
Rich

M9_Nut
31st May 2010, 20:21
RichB, Just had a quick look at seans website and there's a universal one there ...

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=47&product_id=69

hope this helps

Ian

OK, next question (probably for Radio Guy), can you buy this unit or equivalent with universal double din mounting?

Cheers,
Rich

picky747
31st May 2010, 20:41
in theory will work but there is a small chance that touchscreen will not work or even worse. If you are willing to risk your board, i`ll send you the firmware.
Program detects hardware, and harwdware is identical to other boards, but other components can be different ( touchscreen )

Thanks for your reply and I understand the risk involved.I still have my old module which will not boot which I can return to the factory for replacement if anything goes wrong with the firmware upgrade.The old module stays on this screen.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1679/erroroj.jpg

Radioguy
1st June 2010, 01:08

Hi John , Manual was sent, The Install is pretty simple !

Radioguy
1st June 2010, 01:10

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich

Without the facia ? Yes

Enlighten me on what you are trying to do ?

Sean

petrutms
1st June 2010, 04:27
picky..... thanks for testing ,

EDIT : i told you it will not work.

tony_fry
1st June 2010, 06:35
Thanks for your reply and I understand the risk involved.I still have my old module which will not boot which I can return to the factory for replacement if anything goes wrong with the firmware upgrade.The old module stays on this screen.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1679/erroroj.jpg

Hi Graham

Now petrutms has given you the link to D/L WINCE English, please could you publish your results when you have tested it.

Ref GPS MOD, I have checked the control panel, and can not see anything to do with enabling the COM pot?

petrutms
1st June 2010, 06:39
tony, what you want to enable? TMC ? If device manager doesnt show the tmc port, you dont have the hardware, the factory sent device without tmc, is not the first time, all chinese to that very often...
If someone have tmc port but igo doesnt see it, that is a job for me...
And if you add usb tmc, in theory the device will automatically create a new com port for it ( it happens with my 3g modem when installed correctly).

tony_fry
1st June 2010, 06:44
tony, what you want to enable? TMC ? If device manager doesnt show the tmc port, you dont have the hardware, the factory sent device without tmc, is not the first time, all chinese to that very often...
If someone have tmc port but igo doesnt see it, that is a job for me...
And if you add usb tmc, in theory the device will automatically create a new com port for it ( it happens with my 3g modem when installed correctly).

Hi Petrut

I tried to add a COM port by using a spare USB lead I had, I connected wires to 9, 10,11,12 on the GPS board, but the unit does not see the port in device manager, Picky767 suggest I check on control panel, but I can not find any where to add COM port, If I can get this port working, I can try USB receiver that I have ordered from a supplier in China, but it will take upto 10 days for unit to come.

If you can enable TMC on the GPS board it would be great :}

RichB
1st June 2010, 07:45
Hi Rich

Without the facia ? Yes

Enlighten me on what you are trying to do ?

Sean

Hi Sean,

I'm just thinking about moving it to another car in the future. Although they look fantastic and OEM in the 75/ZT, I'd like the flexibility of being able to fit it to another car in the future should I ever sell my ZT.

Rich

petrutms
1st June 2010, 08:25
the built in usb port ( the one that you soldered ) already have com port assigned ( usb com 5 i think ) . Another will appear if you attach and install correctly another device.

tony_fry
1st June 2010, 09:32
the built in usb port ( the one that you soldered ) already have com port assigned ( usb com 5 i think ) . Another will appear if you attach and install correctly another device.

MMM I only have COM 2 and COM 5 which is what I had before I installed GPS Mod, I will have to check the wires on pins 9-12.

Would I need to connect a memory stock or similar device, before the device manager wees the COM port?

petrutms
1st June 2010, 09:48
you dont understand :) . IT IS PERFECT to have only com 2 and 5, you`ll never have another unless you connect TO USB PORT correctly a tmc device, 3g modem, wifi dongle, etc. Try a usb flashdrive, if it appears in total commander as usbhd, all ok.