PDA

View Full Version : 75/ZT In Car System with GPS DVD Plug and Play

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Radioguy
12th April 2010, 02:21
Because our other thread was getting long and Cumbersome to read and review,

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48978

Probably a good time to start a new one as we are preparing to ship units out to all customers.

Here we can problem solve and review as they arrive and install
RadioGuy

Okay here we go:
When I joined the previous thread , users were trying to get clear and concise answers on a few points and trying to get the inclusion of RDS and Phone book as well as TMC

-We have succeeded in getting the RDS included and now TMC (add additional Cost).

- The factory thus far has refused to add PHONEBOOK download via the Bluetooth. We will continue to badger them.

Units can be ordered as follows

1/. With Analog TV (NO RDS or TMC)

2/. With RDS (No TMC or ANALOG TV)

3/. With RDS and TMC

You can choose Here http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=72

Our Offer:

With the the total with shipping is $US516.00 Members Price Including SD Cards and Maps and IPOD, This is for either the RDS or the Analog TV Models add $45 for TMC.

Options

The MG-5,7 Reverse Camera is $68.00 (This is a true CCD with SONY Lens as opposed to the 25$ CMOS Cameras that will not give any sort of decent night Vision.
Link: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=484429&highlight=camera#post484429
The Wireless option is 58$
Shipping of the camera and the wireless Kit is included with the shipping of the head unit. BUT If separate it is 48$ For Shipping

External DVB-T (Mpeg 2 Only) (Freeview) Box with 20db (good quality) receiver is 99$ and can be sent also with the unit for no extra transport costs.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=487883&postcount=848

Mpeg 2/4 is 136$
Link: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=487885&postcount=849

We accept Paypal or Bank transfer. Also can accept Moneybookers

Our Warranty Policy is this:

Within the first 7 days after receipt (When most defects show up) we will pay shipping costs in BOTH Directions. to replace or repair. As you can see here we are responsive and will support any and all problems and questions as best we can. So it is important that you install and test and fiddle with it fast ! We bench test every units functionality prior to sending. This can take us 2-3 days depending on the order load.
From 8-30 days You pay return shipping and we pay shipping costs to return it to you after warranty is determined and it is repaired. I cover parts and labour as a service to my customers,

Please feel free to PM me or Email me at the above address if you have any quieries or concerns
Sean
AKA (Radioguy)

PS I will add to this anything pertinent as we go. . so it will answer most questions.

italianstallion
12th April 2010, 06:15
Maybe a good idea to start this thread with a summary of events up to press.

tony_fry
12th April 2010, 09:12
So what new questions do we have for Sean

sjr
12th April 2010, 19:02
Hi I have PM'ed you (radio guy) and you have replied. I am interested in ordering one of these units. But I am now not sure what the spec is, what the unit can do etc

Do you have any concise information. spec, photos, etc.

I realise that the info is probably in the original thread, but it is now so long and confusing.

Thanks in advance,

SJR

RichB
12th April 2010, 19:48
Just waiting to hear that TMC works on these units and then I'll be placing my order.

Rich

Radioguy
12th April 2010, 21:29
Maybe a good idea to start this thread with a summary of events up to press.

Okay, Ill see if I can deliver on that this evening

paulads
12th April 2010, 21:33

Tony, to answer your earlier question in the now-locked thread...my unit doesn't have TMC...because i didn't ask for it.

Radioguy
12th April 2010, 21:33
Hi SJR
Here is a link to it on our website.
http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=72
All of the specifications are there
Here also is one photo and the specifications

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/01%20Car%20Audio%20WITH%20GPS/ROVER%2075%20AND%20MG%20ZT%20CARDCT/4.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/01%20Car%20Audio%20WITH%20GPS/ROVER%2075%20AND%20MG%20ZT%20CARDCT/8.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/01%20Car%20Audio%20WITH%20GPS/ROVER%2075%20AND%20MG%20ZT%20CARDCT/6.jpg

Hi I have PM'ed you (radio guy) and you have replied. I am interested in ordering one of these units. But I am now not sure what the spec is, what the unit can do etc

Do you have any concise information. spec, photos, etc.

I realise that the info is probably in the original thread, but it is now so long and confusing.

Thanks in advance,

SJR

grahamts
13th April 2010, 08:37
Hi, I've been following the previous thread with interest, but I thought one of the problems was re the phone book, i.e. it doesn't have one:mad:
Does your version have a functioning phone book as per the advert above:confused:
Also none of the previous units had a multichanger interface, has this changed as well?
Graham.

tony_fry
13th April 2010, 08:43
Hi, I've been following the previous thread with interest, but I thought one of the problems was re the phone book, i.e. it doesn't have one:mad:
Does your version have a functioning phone book as per the advert above:confused:
Also none of the previous units had a multichanger interface, has this changed as well?
Graham.

I had mentioned to Sean about the "Phone book", and he said he was going to make the modification to the web site and remove it, but he does not seem to have done it yet. I do not know about the multi-changer!!

scgfull
13th April 2010, 10:36
OK,
Should I decide to go ahead and buy one of these -and very tempting it is too- I would install it inplace of the hi-line Navigation system I have.

On the previous long thread, it was stated that the aerial lead would need to be extended.

Does anyone know where you could get an extension lead for radio (and TV) on the HL specific Aerial connectors or if not where you can get the actual connectors (and name?) so you could make up your own lead.

In addition, if you are putting in a lead for the radio (and TV) would it no be worthwhile using the GPS aerial from the sharks fin as well?

Steve:shrug:

Radioguy
13th April 2010, 11:20
Graham.

Sorry
We removed it from the title but I did not notice it there, It will be removed shortly.

Sorry

Sean

Tootall
13th April 2010, 18:24

Is your price in US dollars or Canadian dollars ?

Has anybody got the IGO8 to work with a full UK 7 digit search ?

paulads
13th April 2010, 21:27

yes...my IGO works fine with full 7-digit postcodes

Radioguy
13th April 2010, 21:32

Hi, Actually at this point whatever is better for you folks because they are at par.

peterv6
14th April 2010, 17:26
Is it possible to turn of the screen/blank it out whilst listening to the radio or sd-card? I find it pretty bright at night.

tony_fry
14th April 2010, 17:30
Is it possible to turn of the screen/blank it out whilst listening to the radio or sd-card? I find it pretty bright at night.

If you use IGO it "should" daken at night, on my current head unit if you hold the mute button in, it turns off the screen, but I was under the impression the new MG units darken when you turn on the side light!!!

David Lawrence
14th April 2010, 17:41

You can turn the brightness down using the volume control, but I agree on SD card mode at night the all white background is very bright.

paulads
14th April 2010, 18:50
You can turn the brightness down using the volume control, but I agree on SD card mode at night the all white background is very bright.

holding in the "mute" button turns off the screen on mine

picky747
15th April 2010, 08:31

It tells you on page 6 of the manual as confirmed by paulads.

tony_fry
15th April 2010, 08:37

Always pays to read the manual!!!! :} :} :}

Jakg
15th April 2010, 10:33
Can you use this with Bluetooth for calls?

tony_fry
15th April 2010, 10:41
yes it can be used to receive calls, but you have to dial the number via the on screen display or directly on the phone, it does NOT have a phonebook connection

peterv6
15th April 2010, 10:54

Thank you!
I'll check the manual first the next time.:o

italianstallion
15th April 2010, 20:19
Anyone know how to stop the unit defaulting to playing the sounds of another mode when the GPS is on, i.e. radio in the background.

When I use GPS, I'm just wanting the sat nav software sound only no other modes or devices playing. This is because I'm getting a static noise on other modes playing such as TV, Aux, etc.

picky747
15th April 2010, 20:40
Anyone know how to stop the unit defaulting to playing the sounds of another mode when the GPS is on, i.e. radio in the background.

When I use GPS, I'm just wanting the sat nav software sound only no other modes or devices playing. This is because I'm getting a static noise on other modes playing such as TV, Aux, etc.

Go into the main system setup menu and select System,then on the basic tab it says GPS Listen,tap the icon so it turns grey and you are done.

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 12:20
Tomorrow should be "D" for Radioguy to start sending our the new release of Head units.

How many members have ordered the "new" ones with RDS and hopefully TMC?

Mannie
16th April 2010, 12:21
Help Needed,

I am about to get round to trying to get the TV side work so here are two issues i need help on

1. What is the TV standard setting I need for the UK

2. The chap who tried to install this has put the DBtv unit behind the glove compartment is there any one who knows how to remove this so I can get the new aerial plugged in.

Thanks in Advance

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 12:27
1:- We use PAL in the UK
2:- Depending on where the DVB-T is located, it might be just under the glove box or on top of the grovebox, it its mounted below the glovebox just a simple matter of removing the fuse panel below the glovebox, if its mounted above the glovebox, it means removing the glovebox which is held in with Toque screws.

Radioguy
16th April 2010, 12:55
Hi Guys
I received word (While I was asleep) that the units were produced and we will have them Tomorrow.
But there is a glitch as always
I am waiting for your feedback and will be sending individual emails to know your wishes.

Here is the email from my agent.....

We got situation.
Factory just called us regarding to MG production.
They said after adding RDS module, the memory is not enough to support built-in analog TV
They must remove the built-in TV.
While the same time, they suggest we use built-out DVB-T box, this affect nothing.

Please advise URGENTLY as they plan the production in few hours.

Radioguy
16th April 2010, 13:20
We have ordered some with RDS and some with Analog TV.
The problem is that it has become an Either Or. Its a No brainer pretty much fr those that have ordered with DVB-T I Believe.
But the others, if Analog TV was important then we have to make a choice or cancel.

RG

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 13:23
We have ordered some with RDS and some with Analog TV.
The problem is that it has become an Either Or. Its a No brainer pretty much fr those that have ordered with DVB-T I Believe.
But the others, if Analog TV was important then we have to make a choice or cancel.

RG

Hello Sean

Just got the email, NOT good news, are they going to reduce the price?. As I have paid for the TV option as well as RDS and TMC on the unit as per your invoice.

They were aware of the problem a while ago, I was going to order the unit from Kathy, before you come on the scene, they knew there was a problem with the TV which I have conformation email from Cathy which dates back to 5th March, so why are they only telling you about it now? If they are or you are willing to reduce the price of a DVT-B unit, by an equal amount of the cost of the TV

I wait to hear back from you.

Radioguy
16th April 2010, 13:29
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response, That may well be but we would have to assume that when the factory agreed to add the RDS that they would have addressed the issue. I can only go on their commitments to me.... I think you mean , we should reduce the price of the DVB-T?

Hello Sean

Just got the email, NOT good news, are they going to reduce the price?. As I have paid for the TV option as well as RDS and TMC on the unit as per your invoice.

They were aware of the problem a while ago, I was going to order the unit from Kathy, before you come on the scene, they knew there was a problem with the TV which I have conformation email from Cathy which dates back to 5th March, so why are they only telling you about it now? If they are or you are willing to reduce the price of a DVT-B unit, by an equal amount of the cost of the TV

I wait to hear back from you.

Mannie
16th April 2010, 13:46
1:- We use PAL in the UK
2:- Depending on where the DVB-T is located, it might be just under the glove box or on top of the grovebox, it its mounted below the glove box just a simple matter of removing the fuse panel below the glove box, if its mounted above the glove box, it means removing the glove box which is held in with Toque screws.

Hi TA

There seems to several PAL settings dose it matter which one I select?

I have seen 4 Philip's type screws when you open the glove box but seems still well stuck in are there any more?

Sorry am really thick re these things

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 13:54
Hi TA

There seems to several PAL settings dose it matter which one I select?

I have seen 4 Philip's type screws when you open the glove box but seems still well stuck in are there any more?

Sorry am really thick re these things

There are an additional 2 screws under the felt mat in the tray, slowly prise up the felt from the front and you will see them.

Mannie
16th April 2010, 14:02
There are an additional 2 screws under the felt matt in the tray, slowly prices up the felt from the front and you will see them.

Ah ha thanks Tony on to it now

Martin

italianstallion
16th April 2010, 16:34
Just wondering if anyone has managed to get TomTom 7 with full UK maps working on the device. I'm considering it as an alternative to IGO.

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 16:40
Just wondering if anyone has managed to get TomTom 7 with full UK maps working on the device. I'm considering it as an alternative to IGO.

Fraser

I think there is a problem with the voice on TomTom 7 it clips it, you only get half the command, If you really want TomTom you will have to use version 6, but you are able to use a skin on the IGO and it is a TomTom look alike, if you use the right skin with IGO it looks much better and has as better GUI than TomTom:-

See this like to use the TomTom skin

http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/TTSkin

italianstallion
16th April 2010, 16:50
Fraser

I think there is a problem with the voice on TomTom 7 it clips it, you only get half the command, If you really want TomTom you will have to use version 6, but you are able to use a skin on the IGO and it is a TomTom look alike, if you use the right skin with IGO it looks much better and has as better GUI than TomTom:-

See this like to use the TomTom skin

http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/TTSkin

Tony,

I just can't seem to get the copy of IGO which I have working at all. I don't suppose you have a copy which is ready pre-configured for the Unit, available for download?

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 17:00
Tony,

I just can't seem to get the copy of IGO which I have working at all. I don't suppose you have a copy which is ready pre-configured for the Unit, available for download?

Once I get (if I get) my head unit from Radioguy, I will do you a copy (for you to try) and upload it.

My current head unit only runs in 480x234, so it's pointless uploading it right now. If Sean keeps to his word, I will do it before the National Meet.

italianstallion
16th April 2010, 17:08
Thanks Radioguy I'm sure radioguy will get your unit to you, as he did mine!!! :D Sean I sent you a couple of emails regarding the IGO software, am stuggling a bit. Can you check them out and respond.

tony_fry
16th April 2010, 17:12
Thanks Radioguy I'm sure radioguy will get your unit to you, as he did mine!!! :D Sean I sent you a couple of emails regarding the IGO software, am stuggling a bit. Can you check them out and respond.

I think Sean is tied up at the moment, the shipment that is due to be sent out today/ tomorrow is mucked up, they have done the RDS on the units BUT have lost the TV!!! same problem Kathy had the beginning of March!!!!!

That's why I say "I might get the unit" paid extra for RDS and TMCa and Sean is not sure if either are working? and now the bad news about TV :mad: :mad: :mad:

Begiorlegi
16th April 2010, 17:17
Radioguy, you have a PM.

Regards.

Adrian H
17th April 2010, 00:21
Hi Sean and all,

I am a bit suspicious as to the very late dropping of this "bombshell". I also struggle with the "not enough memory" line as presumably RDS(radio) would not be making calls on the memory while the analogue TV is on. I have a 2 year old generic Chinese 2din unit in my Rover right now that has Analogue TV and RDS with no memory conflicts.
The cynical part of me wonders if they have run out of the TV modules....

Having dealt with our "friends in the east" before, I can't help thinking we are being "herded" into a position that suits them, using our desire (having waited so long) to get these units quickly.

I personally would prefer to wait till they have sorted out this mess, rather than rush in with a last minute bodge job.

For example, are they going to remove the TV from the menu options, Remote, mode cycle? Or can they default it to the External Digital TV unit?

I paid extra for this unit from Sean for this very eventuality, and I know he will be working very hard to get us more information on the situation. It's times like this where it's good to have someone who can talk directly to the factory.

What are others waiting for these units thinking? would welcome your thoughts (or comments on my thoughts).

Regards
Adrian

stux99
17th April 2010, 03:42
Hope we get some answers soon, have waited for this unit. I too have a chinese d/din unit with DVB-T built in and RDS (no TMC) works fine, just want one that looks right in my ZT.:confused:

tony_fry
17th April 2010, 08:32
Hope we get some answers soon, have waited for this unit. I too have a chinese d/din unit with DVB-T built in and RDS (no TMC) works fine, just want one that looks right in my ZT.:confused:

Look like we have a number of number of unhappy people. The last message I got from Sean was that he was waiting for a reply from China, that was last night. There is no news today (so far) I can see the units will NOT be shipped today as promised!!!

picky747
17th April 2010, 11:11
H
For example, are they going to remove the TV from the menu options, Remote, mode cycle? Or can they default it to the External Digital TV unit?
Adrian

With the tv module removed it will skip tv when you cycle through with the mode button,however,the icon remains on the main home screen but shows invalid when pressed.

Radioguy
17th April 2010, 11:32
Hi Adrian
I am afraid that I can'y comment on the herding. But I have strong doubts that that occured.I could be wrong. We had the choice to go ALL TV or ALL RDS. this came at the last hours. I think they were trying to make test and produce all at the same time, which in my opinion is a poor way to do things and could put us in this position.

RG

Hi Sean and all,

I am a bit suspicious as to the very late dropping of this "bombshell". I also struggle with the "not enough memory" line as presumably RDS(radio) would not be making calls on the memory while the analogue TV is on. I have a 2 year old generic Chinese 2din unit in my Rover right now that has Analogue TV and RDS with no memory conflicts.
The cynical part of me wonders if they have run out of the TV modules....

Having dealt with our "friends in the east" before, I can't help thinking we are being "herded" into a position that suits them, using our desire (having waited so long) to get these units quickly.

I personally would prefer to wait till they have sorted out this mess, rather than rush in with a last minute bodge job.

I paid extra for this unit from Sean for this very eventuality, and I know he will be working very hard to get us more information on the situation. It's times like this where it's good to have someone who can talk directly to the factory.

What are others waiting for these units thinking? would welcome your thoughts (or comments on my thoughts).

Regards
Adrian

Radioguy
17th April 2010, 11:33
Look like we have a number of number of unhappy people. The last message I got from Sean was that he was waiting for a reply from China, that was last night. There is no news today (so far) I can see the units will NOT be shipped today as promised!!!

In fact we are Shipping today for those that confirmed the NO TV
Should have tracking either tomorrow or Monday AM
Sean

tony_fry
17th April 2010, 11:43
Sean

Have they confirmed that the price WILL be reduced if they are not providing the TV function? We would expect this as they are not providing what we have paid for .

Radioguy
17th April 2010, 11:47
Have they confirmed that the price WILL be reduced if they are not providing the TV function? We would expect this as they are not providing what we have paid for .

Sorry Tony
I still do not have a final response on that. Well I DID But was not exactly pleased with it lets say

tony_fry
17th April 2010, 12:08
Sorry Tony
I still do not have a final response on that. Well I DID But was not exactly pleased with it lets say

It seems like they have got their money and don't care now. I know I am not happy with this they have got us by the proverbial now

Radioguy
17th April 2010, 12:17
It seems like they have got their money and don't care now. I know I am not happy with this they have got us by the proverbial now

Tony

Thats not true really. I am your cushion. I will respect anybody's decision.

Burton Brewer
17th April 2010, 12:26
Tomorrow should be "D" for Radioguy to start sending our the new release of Head units.

How many members have ordered the "new" ones with RDS and hopefully TMC?

Im ready and waiting Tony, looking forward to recieving my new toy along with a reversing camara.
Steve.

tony_fry
17th April 2010, 12:43
Tony

Thats not true really. I am your cushion. I will respect anybody's decision.

sean I know you are doing all you can do, but they were aware of this problem at the begining of March, I was under the impresion that It had been over come now. They had accepted your order with RDS and TV surely that have breached there contract and should offer a "reasonable" compensation now. All "I" want is TMC which I had paid extra for forget RDS and TV. I feel they should be offering arount 20-30 Dollars reduction in cost of the units.

stux99
17th April 2010, 14:41
I am not going to cancel my order at this late stage. However, some sort of gesture would be nice;)
After all, analogue is off here now anyway.
Life's too short.................

Adrian H
17th April 2010, 14:55
Sean,

As you know I have ordered the DVB-T unit, so I will go with the unit minus Analogue TV, but I am not happy with the way this has been done, seeing as it seems they have known about this problem since March and have said nothing.

Like Tony, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a rebate from the factory for supplying a product less than what we paid for.
When I ordered my Rover, it was listed with having heated side mirrors, now if the car had been delivered without them, I would have expected a reduction in the agreed price even though here in Aus I would probably never need them.

In good faith I paid up front to get this production run happening, I would now like some of that faith returned by the factory.

Regards
Adrian

stux99
17th April 2010, 22:00
Gone very quiet:(

miketata
18th April 2010, 07:02
sean, I am ready to order but want to know if the unit is as pictured on your site , or does it now have the silver garnish on the faceplate? I am after a black-only unit/orange backlighting to suit a 75.

David Lawrence
18th April 2010, 07:58
sean, I am ready to order but want to know if the unit is as pictured on your site , or does it now have the silver garnish on the faceplate? I am after a black-only unit/orange backlighting to suit a 75.

Thats an interesting point. Has anyone actually bought one with the silver bits? If so how else do they differ from ours?

picky747
18th April 2010, 11:11
Thats an interesting point. Has anyone actually bought one with the silver bits? If so how else do they differ from ours?

Sean said on the old thread that the factory are not doing the units with the silver bits.

lathbury
18th April 2010, 13:23
Hi, Is it just me or has anyone else noticed everthing has gone quiet recently. I have paid for the unit with RDS DVB/T Reversing camera and have e.mailed Sean for a possible delivery date so I can arrange somebody to be in to collect it and have heard nothing. Is anybody else getting worried?. John.

italianstallion
18th April 2010, 14:55
Hi, Is it just me or has anyone else noticed everthing has gone quiet recently. I have paid for the unit with RDS DVB/T Reversing camera and have e.mailed Sean for a possible delivery date so I can arrange somebody to be in to collect it and have heard nothing. Is anybody else getting worried?. John.

Lathbury I wouldn't worry, I purchased my unit from Sean, whom I spoke at length over the phone. He's a great guy, he really cares about his customers more then the next man, and I will personally go out on a limb to commend him as our seller.

It seems a couple of people here are upset about the present situation with the TV / RDS issue, however we must remember were all buying a product from a factory in China, not in Comet or Currys, i.e. we are taking a risk. Sean is the middle man, whom in my opinion is offering a much better service for the money backed up by a solid warranty. I don't see any other Chinese sellers on this forum offering technical support and trying to resolve issues. We should give the poor guy a break.

So in summary, Sean's doing his best for the people here. I know for a fact he's very busy this weekend, and we've got to remember he has a life and a family outside our forum, and its Sunday.

tony_fry
18th April 2010, 16:51
Lathbury I wouldn't worry, I purchased my unit from Sean, whom I spoke at length over the phone. He's a great guy, he really cares about his customers more then the next man, and I will personally go out on a limb to commend him as our seller.

It seems a couple of people here are upset about the present situation with the TV / RDS issue, however we must remember were all buying a product from a factory in China, not in Comet or Currys, i.e. we are taking a risk. Sean is the middle man, whom in my opinion is offering a much better service for the money backed up by a solid warranty. I don't see any other Chinese sellers on this forum offering technical support and trying to resolve issues. We should give the poor guy a break.

So in summary, Sean's doing his best for the people here. I know for a fact he's very busy this weekend, and we've got to remember he has a life and a family outside our forum, and its Sunday.

Sean may be doing his best for us, but lets not forget, he is earning money from us, as said before, if you order something as a complete package, that is what you want, to leave it till this late stage, the factory that produces the item should be liable. I ordered and paid for my unit on the 10th March, we were quoted 30 days (maybe 45) that's quite long enough to get a production run FULLY working, from a email I had from Cathy the factory was fully aware of the problem with RDS & the TV on the 5th March, so why did they take the order knowing they were NOT able to complete it.

italianstallion
18th April 2010, 17:44
Sean may be doing his best for us, but lets not forget, he is earning money from us, as said before, if you order something as a complete package, that is what you want, to leave it till this late stage, the factory that produces the item should be liable. I ordered and paid for my unit on the 10th March, we were quoted 30 days (maybe 45) that's quite long enough to get a production run FULLY working, from a email I had from Cathy the factory was fully aware of the problem with RDS & the TV on the 5th March, so why did they take the order knowing they were NOT able to complete it.

I agree in part with what you are saying if we are looking at this situation as if we were buying from a western factory. However as I said we are dealing with a Chinese factory, and the kind of business ethic of taking your money then not delivering on an agreement is very common practice over in the Far East. I know as I have imported many as specialist products from China over the years, and have encountered these types of issues many a time.

The factory most likely saw the £££ carrot being dangled, took the original order, promising it will all be fine and dandy by the due date. Then when it all went wrong at their end, its a case of compromise after compromise, and its we the consumer who loose out. Do they care if we get a unit thats not quite as we expected? The answer is absolutely not. They will be churning out tonns of different models on a daily basis, for bigger cliental then us lot at the MG Club.

From the dates you mentioned, I can say that I've already had to wait quite a lot longer then you for an order I previously made for a unit without RDS with another chinese seller (not Cathy). In the end I cancelled my order after several months of delays and false promises. I then went with Sean, who got me a standard non rds unit out within a week of placing an order.

tony_fry
18th April 2010, 17:54
I agree in part with what you are saying if we are looking at this situation as if we were buying from a western factory. However as I said we are dealing with a Chinese factory, and the kind of business ethic of taking your money then not delivering on an agreement is very common practice over in the Far East. I know as I have imported many as specialist products from China over the years, and have encountered these types of issues many a time.

The factory most likely saw the £££ carrot being dangled, took the original order, promising it will all be fine and dandy by the due date. Then when it all went wrong at their end, its a case of compromise after compromise, and its we the consumer who loose out. Do they care if we get a unit thats not quite as we expected? The answer is absolutely not. They will be churning out tonns of different models on a daily basis, for bigger cliental then us lot at the MG Club.

From the dates you mentioned, I can say that I've already had to wait quite a lot longer then you for an order I previously made for a unit without RDS with another chinese seller (not Cathy). In the end I cancelled my order after several months of delays and false promises. I then went with Sean, who got me a standard non rds unit out within a week of placing an order.

What I am so annoyed about Fraser is I didn't want RDS or the TV, although I paid extra for TMC, which Sean is not even sure if the new units have!! I have a freeview unit, so the RDS is the least important part of the head unit to me.

italianstallion
18th April 2010, 18:22
What I am so annoyed about Fraser is I didn't want RDS or the TV, although I paid extra for TMC, which Sean is not even sure if the new units have!! I have a freeview unit, so the RDS is the least important part of the head unit to me.

Tony I know what you mean, the most important factor for me was Sat Nav, I'm planning to upgrade to free view later, and I wasn't bothered about RDS.

I know the TMC has been discussed before, and my take on it is this....

Those who paid for TMC, have found that with IGO it has a TMC detect facility. Using this search facility finds the RoyalTek Chip which uses then GPS to get TMC information. I think Sean wasn't sure about this at first, however from those who've now received their unit and posted the info, he has concurred that he believes this is the most plausible explantation.

In contrast I did not order a unit with TMC, and when I do the same detect TMC search in IGO, it looks for the Royaltek chip but does not find one, so its no TMC for me. I personally believe the extra fee sellers are charging for TMC is for the extra chip which the factory are adding to specific orders, so providing your happy with IGO, your unit should come with TMC. I'm sure your aware of this already.

I believe Sean has said as well that he can get the units shipped, as they are, right away, so yours should be with you soon. One good point is in the method Sean shipped the unit to me, this avoided any customs fees, which I have had to pay with other Chinese sellers in the past, so a big plus. I know some have ended up paying big customs charges from Chinese sellers.

tony_fry
18th April 2010, 18:27
Tony I know what you mean, the most important factor for me was Sat Nav, I'm planning to upgrade to free view later, and I wasn't bothered about RDS.

I know the TMC has been discussed before, and my take on it is this....

Those who paid for TMC, have found that with IGO it has a TMC detect facility. Using this search facility finds the RoyalTek Chip which uses then GPS to get TMC information. I think Sean wasn't sure about this at first, however from those who've now received their unit and posted the info, he has agreed that he believes this is the most plausible explantation.

In contrast I did not order a unit with TMC, and when I do the same detect TMC search in IGO, it looks for the Royaltek chip but does not find one, so its no TMC for me. I personally believe the extra fee sellers are charging for TMC is for the extra chip which the factory are adding to specific orders, so provided your happy with IGO yours should come with TMC. I'm sure your aware of this already.

mmm, time will tell!!!, my current head unit (again from China) HAD TMC but when I had to send it back to Chine for repair, it came back minus the TMC so that is why I requested it on this one from Sean. If and when I get my unit I will run you off a copy so you can get your one running OK, IGO is great (when it runs properly as mine does now) .

italianstallion
18th April 2010, 18:39
mmm, time will tell!!!, my current head unit (again from China) HAD TMC but when I had to send it back to Chine for repair, it came back minus the TMC so that is why I requested it on this one from Sean. If and when I get my unit I will run you off a copy so you can get your one running OK, IGO is great (when it runs properly as mine does now) .

Thanks I know your a bit of an IGO expert, so would appreciate a Tony tuned copy :}. I've now tried several versions, managed to get IGO to work but not perfect, I'm impressed with the navigation, but some of the voices speak a little disjointed, so was wondering if there are some better ones out their to download. I also wanted to get that 3D car mod working, the one where you can change the arrow to other cars, but I didn't find out how.

Well in my exploration of the GPS, I also managed to get IGO amigo and Tom Tom 6 to work. I will also try Tom Tom 7 and see if I can fiddle with it and try adapt it to run on the unit without issue. There is also the potential to get Navigon or Garmin Mobile XT to work, as they can run on Win Ce format, so plenty of options out there for navigation.

From what I've seen so far IGO 8 seems to be the best in terms of graphics, ui, and features, I love the navigation, just not got it quite as I want it yet.

Soulblighter47
18th April 2010, 22:48
Hello! Ordered mine from Radioguy too, I'm pretty sure all will be ok!
But i'm just thinking about one thing: are units going to be dispatched by... plane?

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 01:41

Hi Miketa , It has the Black Only faceplate

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 01:42
Hello! Ordered mine from Radioguy too, I'm pretty sure all will be ok!
But i'm just thinking about one thing: are units going to be dispatched by... plane?

Hi Soulblighter, They are sent by EMS (Postal) and take about 5-7 days to arrive. This is dome to avoid taxes.

RG

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 01:46

John !I am just waiting for Tracking numbers now.

Should have tomorrow

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 01:47
I Want to clarify one thing so there is no Misunderstanding.
The "TV" Module that is not included with the RDS is FOr ANALOG TV ONLY
The DVB-T will function without a problem

RG

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 01:47
Sean said on the old thread that the factory are not doing the units with the silver bits.

They are all BLACK only Faceplates

RG

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 02:00
This explains the UK Shutoff dates for Analog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_switchover_dates_in_the_United_Kingdom

Again Anyone with DVB-T receivers will still get Digital TV or Freeview

RG

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 02:05

By the way, Sorry about the weekend, I was away on a family matter until tonight ! But you guys were the first thing I did on return.

I should have posted something.

Sorry

lathbury
19th April 2010, 02:56
Hi Sean, Thanks putting my mind at rest, and thanks for explaining about the dvb/t siituation, all this techie stuff is over my head. Will I need a seperate aeriel for this unit?. John.

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 03:07
Hi Sean, Thanks putting my mind at rest, and thanks for explaining about the dvb/t siituation, all this techie stuff is over my head. Will I need a seperate aeriel for this unit?. John.

Hi Lathbury
You Ordered with DVB-T and the aerial is included with the DVB-T receivers
RG

stux99
19th April 2010, 06:05
By the way, Sorry about the weekend, I was away on a family matter until tonight ! But you guys were the first thing I did on return.

I should have posted something.

Sorry

Under stood Sean, I just got a tad concerned over the weekend when things went quiet.

Stu

tony_fry
19th April 2010, 12:19
Has anyone heard from Sean yet?. :mad:

We still have no update on what's happening to our orders, meant to be Dispatched yesterday/ today, its how 20:15 local time in China

And still now indication of if we are going to get a reduction of the buying price now the unit does not have TV.

Soulblighter47
19th April 2010, 12:40
Yeah Sean answered us all in the previous page! And think he lives in Canada so it is several hours sooner for him (about 6 hours less).
The only problem is that planes no longer flies due to the volcano, and i think EMS use planes too to ship packages. Maybe there is a lot of stuff waiting to be dispatched since the fly interdiction. Hope plane circulation will restart soon!

tony_fry
19th April 2010, 12:44
Sean

From Sean pervious message, "tracking number Sunday or Monday AM" at least we would know if the units have been dispatched.

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 13:06
From Sean pervious message, "tracking number Sunday or Monday AM" at least we would know if the units have been dispatched.

Tony
I am sending tracking for many orders NOW. Several people have received them. I sent emails to EVERYONE about the TV because I don't want any surprises. I have had to co-ordinate the WHO and changes and cancellations (1 only ) I won't release the orders to physically ship until I know that the customer won't be "surprised" by no analog TV. I have yours ready but you want to know about this credit and I am trying to sort something out. Frankly, they offered me a VERY VERY Small credit but I am to bat trying to get more.
I am afraid that if you are not happy with a credit that you will not want it. I am trying to comply.

tony_fry
19th April 2010, 13:16
Tony
I am sending tracking for many orders NOW. Several people have received them. I sent emails to EVERYONE about the TV because I don't want any surprises. I have had to co-ordinate the WHO and changes and cancellations (1 only ) I won't release the orders to physically ship until I know that the customer won't be "surprised" by no analog TV. I have yours ready but you want to know about this credit and I am trying to sort something out. Frankly, they offered me a VERY VERY Small credit but I am to bat trying to get more.
I am afraid that if you are not happy with a credit that you will not want it. I am trying to comply.

Thanks for letting me know Sean, I look forward to receiving the email. Lets hope the problems with the factory are sorted out.

picky747
19th April 2010, 13:25
Tony,Below is the actual TV tuner that was used in mine and looking at it I can't imagine that its cost to the factory is more than $4-$5.I removed mine because it was of no use to me due to the digital switch over.Don't be put off buying over a few dollars discount as it really is a good unit.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6nt8ub.jpg

tony_fry
19th April 2010, 13:37
Tony,Below is the actual TV tuner that was used in mine and looking at it I can't imagine that its cost to the factory is more than $4-$5.I removed mine because it was of no use to me due to the digital switch over.Don't be put off buying over a few dollars discount as it really is a good unit.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6nt8ub.jpg

Thanks Graham for the info, I am not worried about the TV and the "small" amount they are offering in a refund, as I already have a freeview unit, what I am miffed about is the factory knew about the problem with the TV and RDS 6 weeks ago, but they accepted the order from Sean, and "forgot" to mention the problem to him and us, there are others that paid for the unit (who wanted TV), only to be told at the last knockings that the TV would not be available with the unit.

I noticed Sean has removed the TV from his web page now, it least he is keeping us informed.

philb37
19th April 2010, 15:24
I have my tracking number, and seeing as I ordered dvb I decided to not bother with the analogue anyway.

stux99
19th April 2010, 15:34
Lets hope things start moving now:D

italianstallion
19th April 2010, 16:09
Just to let people know I'm doing the installation tommorow for this unit on the Hi-Line / Harmon Kardon setup, so should have instruction on how to do this very soon.

For those who have just ordered their unit, the thing puzzling me is how the units will be delivered to the UK as their are no flights in and out of the country, and it could stay this way for a while!! :shrug:

Sean any idea, I'm sure your aware of the Europe ash cloud situation? Well unless you've been buried under a rock for the past few days :D

Soulblighter47
19th April 2010, 16:23
Got my tracking number too!

Here in France, airports are working again in the south. Tomorrow many others should open too. A lot of specialist are contesting the flight interdiction.

Maybe Eurostar will be used to bring you units in the UK? Time to invest in Eurostar/eurotunnel? ;-)

italianstallion
19th April 2010, 16:57
Got my tracking number too!

Here in France, airports are working again in the south. Tomorrow many others should open too. A lot of specialist are contesting the flight interdiction.

Maybe Eurostar will be used to bring you units in the UK? Time to invest in Eurostar/eurotunnel? ;-)

Yeah just saw the news, BA already did a test flight, flights will resume tommorow morning so its looking ok.

tony_fry
19th April 2010, 18:33
Sean. Not sure if you have sent me my tracking Number yet I've Sent you an email which has been returned as undeliverable for some reason, perhaps you could let me know what's going on as a few members have received there tracking number. Thanks Tony

sjr
19th April 2010, 19:56
Radio Guy,
I would like to order one of these units, but I am completely useless with technology. I was wondering if you would PM me a phone number as I think it would be easier to explain.

Thanks in advance,

SJR

ps whats TMC?

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 20:18
Sean. Not sure if you have sent me my tracking Number yet I've Sent you an email which has been returned as undeliverable for some reason, perhaps you could let me know what's going on as a few members have received there tracking number. Thanks Tony

Tony I just tested my Email Address , Been receiving all weekend, I will have tracking for yours tonight and we will work out this credit thing for the Analog TV later. For your Info they offered me $3.00 Okay ?

Radioguy
19th April 2010, 22:15
Also I Have these in Stock and ready to ship now !

Adrian H
19th April 2010, 22:32
Also I Have these in Stock and ready to ship now !

Hi Sean,

Were you able to dispatch mine? Do you have a tracking # ?
No ash clouds down under :}

Regards
Adrian

Radioguy
20th April 2010, 03:14
Hi Sean,

Were you able to dispatch mine? Do you have a tracking # ?
No ash clouds down under :}

Regards
Adrian

As we hear back from people , we are despatching
Should have yours today Adrian

Thanks

tony_fry
20th April 2010, 06:06
Tony I just tested my Email Address , Been receiving all weekend, I will have tracking for yours tonight and we will work out this credit thing for the Analog TV later. For your Info they offered me $3.00 Okay ?

Sean, I still have not received my tracking number yet? I think the $3 there are offering is an insult, but at the end of the day, I just want the unit.

We will sort things out once the unit has arrived and I have conformation that the TMC is working, without this the unit will be useless to me.

lathbury
20th April 2010, 08:18
Hi Sean, I am ready for mine so please send it. Is it coming by air?. John.

JohnDotCom
20th April 2010, 08:59

Nothing's coming by Air at the moment. ;) :getmecoat:

scgfull
20th April 2010, 09:32
Nothing's coming by Air at the moment. ;) :getmecoat:

That's not quite true, as I understand it there is a new delivery of Pumice due in shortly!:cool:

Radioguy
20th April 2010, 12:31
Sean, I still have not received my tracking number yet? I think the $3 there are offering is an insult, but at the end of the day, I just want the unit.

We will sort things out once the unit has arrived and I have conformation that the TMC is working, without this the unit will be useless to me.

Hi tony

Tracking was sent. Thats what I said earlier, that I was not happy with the credit and am fighting for more but I don't think its going to go up. They do not think the same as we do.

Radioguy
20th April 2010, 12:34

Hi John, Yes they are sent Via EMS , By Air.
Will have tracking for certain today
Sean

tony_fry
20th April 2010, 12:42
Hi tony

Tracking was sent. Thats what I said earlier, that I was not happy with the credit and am fighting for more but I don't think its going to go up. They do not think the same as we do.

Thanks for the email Sean, I now have the tracking number, I am not worried about the refund on the T.V side of the unit, as I will use my Freeview unit, it is more to the fact hat they accepted your order which included T.V and RDS, knowing there was a problem with supply.

Radioguy
20th April 2010, 19:54
I think everyone has their tracking now. If not, please let me know !
RG

para999
20th April 2010, 20:03
I think everyone has their tracking now. If not, please let me know !
RG

I have not recieved my tracking number yet.... have also e-mailed you direct...

ooops...just recieved tracking as I sent this quote!!! Thanx...

Soulblighter47
20th April 2010, 22:34
Good work Sean! What a shame the volcano may delay the despatch a lot:

" 11.27 am April 20 2010 Beijing Time A Chinese notice on EMS’s website states that due to the closure of airports in Europe EMS is not able to send packages into Northern Europe at the moment. EMS will continue to accept, hold, process packages send them as soon as airspace reopens. "

stux99
21st April 2010, 06:17
Never seen so many vapour trails overhead:D

Radioguy
21st April 2010, 11:13
Never seen so many vapour trails overhead:D

Those are the Head Units, I Forgot to mention, they are self propelled for delivery too !

tony_fry
21st April 2010, 11:51
Has anyone been able to progress there tracking number yet, I have looked today, and it still has nothing showing, from the email from Sean, it can take 48/72 hours to show? which seems strange as when we send items out from my work via Parcelforce, we can track them on line within a couple hours of sending.

Radioguy
21st April 2010, 11:57
Has anyone been able to progress there tracking number yet, I have looked today, and it still has nothing showing, from the email from Sean, it can take 48/72 hours to show? which seems strange as when we send items out from my work via Parcelforce, we can track them on line within a couple hours of sending.

Hi Tony
The UK Postal system is the best in the world and I believe you. This is EMS.
48/72 Hours is normal and when they are doing their job!

tony_fry
21st April 2010, 12:01
Hi Tony
The UK Postal system is the best in the world and I believe you. This is EMS.
48/72 Hours is normal and when they are doing their job!

Thanks Sean, no doubt the units will arrive before they show as being show on there web site, what is there "normal" delivery? I was under the impression it's 3-5 working days from other items I have purchased from China

JohnDotCom
21st April 2010, 13:46
For Information:
Nearly all Air Freight is currently on hold except for perishable goods to allow more flights to get people back home
which should take about 10 days to complete as pre booked flight seats have preference.
Many planes are of course also in the wrong locations to restart the full timetable slots.

tony_fry
22nd April 2010, 16:54
For Information:
Nearly all Air Freight is currently on hold except for perishable goods to allow more flights to get people back home
which should take about 10 days to complete as pre booked flight seats have preference.
Many planes are of course also in the wrong locations to restart the full timetable slots.

Thanks John, you are the bearer of bad news, I was hoping the unit would arrive before the National Meet, but it does not look like it now, I have just checked my tracking number and there is still nothing showing up on EMS web site, which means the unit has not even been sent out of China yet :mad:

Greeners
22nd April 2010, 17:01
Thanks John, you are the bearer of bad news, I was hoping the unit would arrive before the National Meet, but it does not look like it now, I have just checked my tracking number and there is still nothing showing up on EMS web site, which means the unit has not even been sent out of China yet :mad:

Tony

FWIW, I ordered some bits from the USA on the 14th......they show on the USPS site that they've been collected, but after that nothing.......I suspect a lot of freight is in limbo at the moment.

italianstallion
22nd April 2010, 17:04

Tony it took about 3 days for any tracking info to show on mine, and that was when there were no flight disruptions. Don't bother trying to track it on the home page, go into the actual tracking page as the home page didn't work for me. Once it shows the item as dispatched there was no update for about another 4 days then all of a sudden it shows up as arrived UK customs, then cleared from customs, and then it gets delivered about a day later. I'd give it 10 - 14 days in total just to be safe, but if your fortunate it be about a week.

tony_fry
22nd April 2010, 17:04
Tony

FWIW, I ordered some bits from the USA on the 14th......they show on the USPS site that they've been collected, but after that nothing.......I suspect a lot of freight is in limbo at the moment.

Hi David, not you now, everyone what to give me bad news today :)

tony_fry
22nd April 2010, 17:14
Tony it took about 3 days for any tracking info to show on mine, and that was when there were no flight disruptions. Don't bother trying to track it on the home page, go into the actual tracking page as the home page didn't work for me. Once it shows the item as dispatched there was no update for about another 4 days then all of a sudden it shows up as arrived UK customs, then cleared from customs, and then it gets delivered about a day later. I'd give it 10 - 14 days in total just to be safe, but if your fortunate it be about a week.

Thanks Fraser, Sean posted a link to EMS web site along with the tracking number, I thought I would give it a try today it been about 70 hours, since Sean gave me the tracking number, I will give it a try over the weekend, but with all the flight problems, I won't hold my breath

Radioguy
22nd April 2010, 19:34
I wish I had something to add, I just don't

I also wish that we had held them back until things were more certain

Radioguy
22nd April 2010, 19:35
SJR Please clear your Mailbox for a message
It is full

RG

stux99
22nd April 2010, 19:57
I recall when I ordered from Chinavasion:o tracking info was supplied but took a while to appear, then the unit arrived next day:confused: about 10 days in all, average I suppose.
I suppose, given the current situation, patience is the watchword:}

Soulblighter47
22nd April 2010, 22:38
Here in France almost all airports are fully operative, so I was hoping I could get my unit faster but still no tracking information on EMS website too!

I don't think they stopped the dispatch but there must be a
lot of stuff waiting to be send before ours!

Damn volcano...

Radioguy
23rd April 2010, 12:48
Hi Guys, Good news, I am seeing Some tracking starting to appear, not all, But some at least
MANNIE I see yours
teamninja I See yours too
Stux99 I see
TONYFRY I see
Soulblighter47 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=10412) I See too
I Didn't check all but at least we have a sign !

stux99
23rd April 2010, 14:00
fantastic, will check when home

philb37
23rd April 2010, 14:09
Mines in Shenzen......

tony_fry
23rd April 2010, 14:43
Hi Guys, Good news, I am seeing Some tracking starting to appear, not all, But some at least
MANNIE I see yours
teamninja I See yours too
Stux99 I see
TONYFRY I see
Soulblighter47 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=10412) I See too
I Didn't check all but at least we have a sign !

Great News :}:}:} just checked mine and it shows "Arrival at Sorting Centre"

lathbury
23rd April 2010, 15:16
Hi Can anyone give me the link to the site to track the parcel as I have tried the official one and it is saying error on page. Thanks. John.

tony_fry
23rd April 2010, 15:18
Hi Can anyone give me the link to the site to track the parcel as I have tried the official one and it is saying error on page. Thanks. John.

Try this one:-

http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAction.do?reqCode=gotoSearchE

Works for me

lathbury
23rd April 2010, 15:22
Tony, Thanks for that, unfortunately mine is showing no tracking. John.

tony_fry
23rd April 2010, 15:27
Tony, Thanks for that, unfortunately mine is showing no tracking. John.

John,

Not sure when you got your tracking number I had mine on Tuesday 1st thing, but only showed up this afternoon, I would give it another day and have a look again.

I still don't think the unit will start to arrive for at least another 7-10 days, due to the back log on flights, BUT we will have to wait and see.

lathbury
23rd April 2010, 15:45
Many thanks Tony. John.

David Lawrence
23rd April 2010, 18:31
Got an e-mail from Cathy today asking me to tell her what version of WIN CE was installed on my unit.

Seems strange, and suggests there may be something different about mine from some of the others shes despatched. Perhaps they've forgotten how they got the TMC to work on mine.

It is Win CE-5.0, but she asked me if it had 5.0 or 6.0.

scgfull
23rd April 2010, 19:41
I had seen on another add somewhere that TMC will only work with Win CE 5.

I can't remember if it was for a Rover/MG unit or for a VW unit.

Soulblighter47
23rd April 2010, 22:54
Yes, thanks Sean, I can see my unit arrived at sorting center in Shenzen the 23rd.

Maybe it will be at home this week!

italianstallion
24th April 2010, 06:20
Yes, thanks Sean, I can see my unit arrived at sorting center in Shenzen the 23rd.

It'll probably stay like that for about 5 - 7 days, then all of a sudden it will be in France.

tony_fry
27th April 2010, 15:48

Just been speaking to our Parcelforce collection driver at work, and she told me that have not had any deliveries in from China for nearly two weeks, but are expecting some tomorrow or Thursday!! the tracking number is now showing on Parcelforce's web site:-

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw

David Lawrence
27th April 2010, 18:17
Got an e-mail from Cathy today asking me to tell her what version of WIN CE was installed on my unit.

Seems strange, and suggests there may be something different about mine from some of the others shes despatched. Perhaps they've forgotten how they got the TMC to work on mine.

It is Win CE-5.0, but she asked me if it had 5.0 or 6.0.

Got the next email from Cathy confirming that she asked about my unit because they are still trying to solve the TMC problem for other customers. Surprises me that they could "Forget" what they did to mine! and that 3 months after they delivered me a fully working TMC unit they could be only now "Trying to solve it".

Radioguy
27th April 2010, 18:18
Got the next email from Cathy confirming that she asked about my unit because they are still trying to solve the TMC problem for other customers. Surprises me that they could "Forget" what they did to mine! and that 3 months after they delivered me a fully working TMC unit they could be only now "Trying to solve it".

David

They are NOT a factory, and As far as I am told, they have not yet been shipped their order. Could be just Chat,

moz73000
28th April 2010, 22:30
Hello radioguy,
I am French and I apologize beforehand for my English.
I would like to command(order) this car radio 2 din for rover 75.
Can you indicate me the price(prize) being member of the forum The 75 and ZT Owners Club?
You can also pass on to me terms of payment and availability of produced.
Beforehand thank you
Tony

tony_fry
29th April 2010, 12:24
Question for both picky747 (Graham) & Radioguy (Sean)

On my current 2DIN unit (Not the MG version) I damaged the IPOD connection lead, so I now have to plug my IPHONE into the rear USB port for changing my IPHONE, I notice that every time I connect my phone and when in the SAT NAV screen I get a message (in Chinese) about the USB connection not recognized, so I was wondering if we could connect an external TMC unit to the head unit to give us TMC.

The link to the unit is:-

http://cartft.com/catalog/il/1017

Radioguy
29th April 2010, 15:15
Cool !
There is a great solution ! And Cheaper too !
I am working on getting these
I have a Source

I will be back to you

Question for both picky747 (Graham) & Radioguy (Sean)

On my current 2DIN unit (Not the MG version) I damaged the IPOD connection lead, so I now have to plug my IPHONE into the rear USB port for changing my IPHONE, I notice that every time I connect my phone and when in the SAT NAV screen I get a message (in Chinese) about the USB connection not recognized, so I was wondering if we could connect an external TMC unit to the head unit to give us TMC.

The link to the unit is:-

http://cartft.com/catalog/il/1017

tony_fry
29th April 2010, 15:17
Cool !
There is a great solution ! And Cheaper too !
I am working on getting these
I have a Source

I will be back to you

That's great Sean, I know a lot of people would be happier buying the unit if it had the TMC function, we all wait to hear back from you.

picky747
29th April 2010, 15:20
Tony,the only thing connected on the WinCe side is the microSD card slot,however, a modification can be made to the Satnav module to connect a USB port.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1915/dvdusb1.jpg

tony_fry
29th April 2010, 15:32
[QUOTE=picky747;515565]Tony,the only thing connected on the WinCe side is the microSD card slot,however, a modification can be made to the Satnav module to connect a USB port.

Thanks Graham, I just thought it was strange with my unit, that when the Iphone is connected via the USB port connection it comes up with the "warning" and it only shows on the SAT NAV screen I thought you might be able to use the USB and the thing from GNS? Perhaps Sean with come up with a brain storm :}

tony_fry
29th April 2010, 17:22
Just been speaking to our Parcelforce driver, they are now getting "some" deliveries from China, but still no luck with my tracking number showing any more details on either EMS or Parcelforce web site, I thought we would have notification of arriving in the U.K by now, its been 5 working days since our units have been sent out, bang goes the idea of fitting it over the weekend.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Radioguy
29th April 2010, 18:26
So far got this

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/tmcspecifications-001.jpg

Mintman
29th April 2010, 18:59
Hi

As i noticed the front USB is a small one:
http://cartft.com/catalog/il/1016

Cheers Mintman

stux99
29th April 2010, 19:48
Good news, arrived in destination country:D:D
29-04-2010 19:55 International HubAWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

:drool4:

Soulblighter47
29th April 2010, 21:54
2010-04-29 15:26:00FRENCH REPUBLIC ROISSY CHRON Released from Customs

It spent just one hour in customs!!! :D
Maybe tomorrow? :drool4:

Burton Brewer
29th April 2010, 22:16
Good news, arrived in destination country:D:D
29-04-2010 19:55 International HubAWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

:drool4:

Same here, if not tomorrow certainly a next week delivery :)

italianstallion
29th April 2010, 22:31
Same here, if not tomorrow certainly a next week delivery :)

When customs has cleared its usually next working day.

stux99
30th April 2010, 05:44
So, with a Bank Holiday weekend that will mean earliest Tues, nevermind at least its here.

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 06:05
So, with a Bank Holiday weekend that will mean earliest Tues, nevermind at least its here.

Yep mine is showing as at Customs too

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 06:08
So far got this]

Sean are you able to get a sample of the unit for one of the forum members to try?

para999
30th April 2010, 08:58
Yep mine is showing as at Customs too

Mine is being delivered today!! :drool4: BUT.... I'm away from home in Cheshire till Tuesday so can't play with it yet....:(

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 09:11
Mine is being delivered today!! :drool4: BUT.... I'm away from home in Cheshire till Tuesday so can't play with it yet....:(

Cancel the trip!!!! :)

para999
30th April 2010, 09:23
Cancel the trip!!!! :)

Wish I could... but I'm already up here and have to work at Oulton Park Sat to Mon!!!

And had a call from my son to say it's arrived and HE wants to open it!!!!!

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 14:21
Just contacted Parcelforce (Local Depot) about my unit and they told me they get the deliveries from Coventry early in the morning (1am and 4am), but they don't think they will sort them until Tuesday now and I can not collect it until Tuesday PM or have it delivered on Wednesday!!!! :mad:

Jakg
30th April 2010, 15:16
Couple of questions:

I am interested in this, if it is possible to install a version of TomTom on it (assuming I purchase a copy of TomTom, obviously...).

Does the TMC work with TomTom?

You also quote $68 for the camera, or $58 for the wireless - does that mean for a wireless camera it's $68 + $58, or just $58?

Lastly - whats the price for the unit + TMC (if it works with TomTom) + a wireless camera, without the TV aspect, in £?

Sorry if these have been covered before, couldn't really see.

Radioguy
30th April 2010, 15:22
Wish I could... but I'm already up here and have to work at Oulton Park Sat to Mon!!!

Its not recommended for children under 3 Years old.

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 15:25
Couple of questions:

I am interested in this, if it is possible to install a version of TomTom on it (assuming I purchase a copy of TomTom, obviously...).

You also quote $68 for the camera, or $58 for the wireless - does that mean for a wireless camera it's $68 + $58, or just $58?

Lastly - whats the price for the unit + TMC (if it works with TomTom) + a wireless camera, without the TV aspect, in £?

I am not an expert on TomTom, but I do not believe it will work with TMC (we still do not know if the units have TMC yet)

The price for the wireless camera is $58.00 (stange how it cheaper than the wiring version)

The unit's are $599 US

I am sure Sean would be able to put TomTom on the unit, but the latest version has a problem with sound clipping, I am not sure if any of the other members have got it to work correctly now

stux99
30th April 2010, 15:36
Mine still showing at hub but with Parcelforce number now, off to Abingdon for the weekend so cant do anything till Tues anyway.

Radioguy
30th April 2010, 15:37
Sean are you able to get a sample of the unit for one of the forum members to try?

Hi tony

Before we go there, here is the connection detail. It needs a power source outside the USB

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/tmcconnection-001.jpg

tony_fry
30th April 2010, 15:48
Hi tony

Before we go there, here is the connection detail. It needs a power source outside the USB]

Getting a 12v supply would not be a problem, it could be taken from the switch live from the head unit (possibly from the output from the AMP on the head unit) or from a ignition switch live?

I have a USB outlet on my freeview box, so that could feed the unit.

May be the next stage for us Sean??

Radioguy
30th April 2010, 15:49
Hello Jakq
The Camera is 68$ (It is true CCD With SONY Lens) CMOS Cameras give virtually no nightvision and I won't sell them.

The factory gave us no commitment as to whether the units have TMC or not , as you can see , we are working on an external TMC receiver thanks to tony_fry

We Supply only IGO8 maps, there are many issues with the Tomtom maps available in that they are much older versions and screen resolutions may be a problem but I can provide you links if you want to give it a shot. 99.9% of Tomtom users end up preferring the IGO8 anyway

I would like to refer you to the first post here where it explains our full offering/warranty to forum members .

Here is the link:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=506135&postcount=1

RG

Couple of questions:

dudepop
30th April 2010, 20:26
radioguy do i get a tracking number for my order?

thanks

Radioguy
3rd May 2010, 01:03
radioguy do i get a tracking number for my order?

thanks

Absolutely !

75ConSE
4th May 2010, 07:46
How about this http://www.royaltek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155&Itemid=231

TMC receiver RTA-2000
RTA-2000 is an external TMC Receiver which allows you to attach to any platform with mini-USB or Earphone Jack interface. By this TMC peripheral, you can get RDS-TMC message from this unit.

http://www.royaltek.com/images/yui/RTA-2000_contain_page-s.gif (http://www.royaltek.com/images/yui/RTA-2000_contain_page.png)

I guess it assumes the USB is already powered as it doesn't appear to have an external power supply. I think it is meant for PDA's, so it may not work on these units. Am I barking up the wrong tree? It seems ideal as it works on any platform and can plug into the earphone jack.

tony_fry
4th May 2010, 08:38
How about this http://www.royaltek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155&Itemid=231

TMC receiver RTA-2000
RTA-2000 is an external TMC Receiver which allows you to attach to any platform with mini-USB or Earphone Jack interface. By this TMC peripheral, you can get RDS-TMC message from this unit.

http://www.royaltek.com/images/yui/RTA-2000_contain_page-s.gif (http://www.royaltek.com/images/yui/RTA-2000_contain_page.png)

I guess it assumes the USB is already powered as it doesn't appear to have an external power supply. I think it is meant for PDA's, so it may not work on these units. Am I barking up the wrong tree? It seems ideal as it works on any platform and can plug into the earphone jack.

My unit is on its way to me today, once I get it I will have a play and if I get an answer from Sean (Radioguy) to see if he is able to get a test unit for someone to try, if not I will get one and give it a try.

para999
4th May 2010, 17:00
Its not recommended for children under 3 Years old.

He's 20.....but sometimes acts 3!!!

para999
4th May 2010, 17:08

Home now....semi-installed it...but can't get the sat-nav to work! The map is stuck in Belgium and the unit is not locating satellites!

Also, the DVB-T works fine for a couple of minutes, then cuts out. The red power light on the DVB-T unit goes dim as if on low power....

I think I have followed the installation instructions properly....

Any ideas anyone?? Radioguy??

tony_fry
4th May 2010, 17:20
Home now....semi-installed it...but can't get the sat-nav to work! The map is stuck in Belgium and the unit is not locating satellites!

Also, the DVB-T works fine for a couple of minutes, then cuts out. The red power light on the DVB-T unit goes dim as if on low power....

Re the GPS the settings should be COM 2 Baud Rate 9600
Re the Map, if you click on where it says Belgium it should bring up all the maps that come with the unit

Sorry can't help with the DVB-T unit, thats one for Sean.

Mine arrived this morning, just partly installed it,

Same things with the GPS the baud rate was set wrong.

Steering Controls didn't work (Rewired the unit and now working fine.

IPOD connection does not charge the IPOD or in my case my Iphone ( Iam not sure if others have the same problem.

BUT

BIG BIG downside I have do not TMC working :mad::mad::mad: apart from these small problems, the unit is working great :}:}:}

David Lawrence
4th May 2010, 17:39
BIG BIG downside I have do not TMC working :mad::mad::mad: apart from these small problems, the unit is working great :}:}:}[/quote]

Tony,

Is your unit receiving a strong signal from Classic FM? Just check because mine gave a message that TMC hardware was not detected when it didnt find Classic FM, but after I boosted my Aerial signal it then detected TMC hardware also.

tony_fry
4th May 2010, 17:41
[QUOTE=
Tony,

Is your unit receiving a strong signal from Classic FM? Just check because mine gave a message that TMC hardware was not detected when it didnt find Classic FM, but after I boosted my Aerial signal it then detected TMC hardware also.[/QUOTE]

I have a aerial booster, I will give it a try

Thanks

para999
4th May 2010, 17:41
Re the GPS the settings should be COM 2 Baud Rate 9600
Re the Map, if you click on where it says Belgium it should bring up all the maps that come with the unit

Sorry can't help with the DVB-T unit, thats one for Sean.

Mine arrived this morning, just partly installed it,

Same things with the GPS the baud rate was set wrong.

Steering Controls didn't work (Rewired the unit and now working fine.

IPOD connection does not charge the IPOD or in my case my Iphone ( Iam not sure if others have the same problem.

BUT

BIG BIG downside I have do not TMC working :mad::mad::mad: apart from these small problems, the unit is working great :}:}:}

Thanks Tony... the port and baud rate are greyed out.....have to go to work now, but hope to gat chance to have another look during the night!

tony_fry
4th May 2010, 17:43
Thanks Tony... the port and baud rate are greyed out.....have to go to work now, but hope to gat chance to have another look during the night!

Un-tick the top setting on the right side and then you will be able to set up the baud rate, it should work

stux99
4th May 2010, 17:47
Still no sign of mine:shrug:

matt1301
4th May 2010, 20:14
Good to see these are finally coming through.

How about the RDS, Are the station names coming up? Any photos?

Soulblighter47
4th May 2010, 21:11
Mine has been sent back to the return adress without passing by my home! I called the french post office and they said customs want to see it so they had to send it back. They must call me tomorrow to tell me more details.

Stux maybe you're in the same case?

I was just too happy as it should have been here today and now i must wait maybe two weeks!

para999
4th May 2010, 21:12
Un-tick the top setting on the right side and then you will be able to set up the baud rate, it should work

Thanks Tony...did that and is now working. All I have to do now with the satnav is to try and work out how to get the orientation right as it's now showing permanent North! Will try and work it out through the night!! :bowdown:

para999
4th May 2010, 21:14

Tony,

Is your unit receiving a strong signal from Classic FM? Just check because mine gave a message that TMC hardware was not detected when it didnt find Classic FM, but after I boosted my Aerial signal it then detected TMC hardware also.[/quote]

Hi David, I'm having the same problem with TMC as I can't get Classic! How did you boost your signal? Thanks.

Radioguy
4th May 2010, 21:25
Mine has been sent back to the return adress without passing by my home! I called the french post office and they said customs want to see it so they had to send it back. They must call me tomorrow to tell me more details.

Stux maybe you're in the same case?

I was just too happy as it should have been here today and now i must wait maybe two weeks!

Soulblighter, Are they sending it back to Customs or to us ?

Soulblighter47
4th May 2010, 21:26
Hi para999, Concerning the orientation, did you try to move your car? Because GPS orientation is made by a derivation of previous positions! Unless you have an integrated compass like in highline units but i don't think the 2 din got one.

Radioguy
4th May 2010, 21:27

Hi Para99 , Looking into it.

Soulblighter47
4th May 2010, 21:30
They said me they returned the unit to customs but when i track my unit it is written: "sending back to sender". I will have more details tomorrow.

David Lawrence
4th May 2010, 22:50
Hi David, I'm having the same problem with TMC as I can't get Classic! How did you boost your signal? Thanks.[/quote]

Now this is a bit of a long story which all started 8 years ago when my rear screen was replaced with the wrong type. But, I learned a lot about the aerial types in the R75. I had a non diversity screen with a diversity amplifier which meant I had a 2or 3 pin connector going in to a 5 or 6 pin socket. By moving the connector around I eventually found the best position and had acceptable in fact very good performance from my Symphony HU, until I replaced it with this unit. The IF cable needed for the diversity amp is not there on the new unit and so I got poor reception. So finally I got a non diversity amp from a member on here, and that gave a significant improvement, yet still not perfect, so I then bought an in-line aerial amp and boosted the signal coming out of the non diversity amp one more time. I now have no problem picking up Classic good enough to receive the TMC messages.

You need one of these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10157.html

I got mine from e-bay cheaper than this but cant remember where from, search around and you should find one around £6.

As I said, before I sorted the aerial out, whenever I did a TMC Autodetect, the unit told me that there was no TMC hardware fitted, but afterwards it then detected "Royaltek" and then started to search for stations with TMC signals. In my area there are 3, Classic FM and Heart FM and Rock FM, but have travelled fairly widely since then and not come across any others, but there probably are others if you know where to look.

stux99
5th May 2010, 05:51
Mine still showing..... 30-04-2010 08:50 International HubArrived at outward Office of Exchange
Are they having a play with it:confused:

Mintman
5th May 2010, 07:34
Hi Soulblighter47

I had the same problem a year ago when a got a mobile phone from China.
As the phone had no proper CE marking the customs send it directly back to the sender.
This is due to a lot of no CE marking and a lot of fake CE marking of goods imported from China.
Here in Luxemburg we have since 2 years a special unit in customs (due to a law coming from the European Community) that controls every parcel inported from China about the right CE marking.
If a new product is imported for the first time from China not only a proper Ce marking is required but also a CE certificate of conformity from the manufacturer.
If the product is conform and registred the next indentical products will pass with a proper CE marking.

Hopefully this will be not the problem in your case.

Cheers and good luck

Mintman

tony_fry
5th May 2010, 07:35
Hi David, I'm having the same problem with TMC as I can't get Classic! How did you boost your signal? Thanks.

I have classic FM with no problem and I will install the aerial amp which I already have.

I now have MAJOR problem, on my way home last night the IGO run out of memory (which it sometimes does, as a few members will tell you) I restarted the program and now I get "No Navigation Software Found" when I go into the settings it no longer shows the SD card, mmm I thought I would format the SD card that came with the unit and copy the program back, I also done another SD card, just in case the original SD was faulty, but it still does not show on the setup.

I have done a hard reset, but it does not make any difference, the GPS SD card does not show on the setup and I nave now lost the SAT NAV on the unit :mad::mad::mad:

Soulblighter47
5th May 2010, 08:16
Thanks for the information Mintman! I'll keep you informed.

Soulblighter47
5th May 2010, 11:06
I got more informations: customs forced my unit to be send back. So it will go back to you Sean. I mean at the return adress: to your chinese agent? They said me it could be cause of lack of CE certification, like mintman said. What do you think will happen now Sean?

Radioguy
5th May 2010, 11:36
Para99
I received this response in regards to the DVB-T

the solution is to remove the filter device in the power line, then connect the line direct to a 12v power The filter device is the one in the small picture.

Hopefully this will resolve it.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/image0033.jpg

Radioguy
5th May 2010, 11:49
Hi Soulblighter. In 4 years and 1000's of units I have never heard of this happening. These are Supposedly ALL CE approved. I have requested a copy of the CE certificate from the factory. I hope that we will not have to import it again into China and then resend it. For sure they will want shipping costs to send it out again. It seems pretty unfair that they arbitrarily made that decision without requesting the certificates. We will handle this.

I got more informations: customs forced my unit to be send back. So it will go back to you Sean. I mean at the return adress: to your chinese agent? They said me it could be cause of lack of CE certification, like mintman said. What do you think will happen now Sean?

tony_fry
5th May 2010, 11:49
Thanks Tony...did that and is now working. All I have to do now with the satnav is to try and work out how to get the orientation right as it's now showing permanent North! Will try and work it out through the night!! :bowdown:

If you have any questions about IGO, please feel free to ask me, I have been "playing" with it for a couple of years now, so I "do" know quite a bit about it

M9_Nut
5th May 2010, 13:03
Stux,
Mine is still stuck in limbo too :-
2010-04-29 SHENZHEN Despatch from Sorting Center
Bloomin ash cloud!

Shouldn't be too long now though, as others have said, about 7-10 days later it pops up again, though it might be a couple of days longer due to the ash.

dudepop
5th May 2010, 17:48
are these units being delivered via ups, i recieved a ups tracking number yesterday but im expecting a few things thro the post

David Lawrence
5th May 2010, 18:43
I have classic FM with no problem and I will install the aerial amp which I already have.

I now have MAJOR problem, on my way home last night the IGO run out of memory (which it sometimes does, as a few members will tell you) I restarted the program and now I get "No Navigation Software Found" when I go into the settings it no longer shows the SD card, mmm I thought I would format the SD card that came with the unit and copy the program back, I also done another SD card, just in case the original SD was faulty, but it still does not show on the setup.

I have done a hard reset, but it does not make any difference, the GPS SD card does not show on the setup and I nave now lost the SAT NAV on the unit :mad::mad::mad:

When you do the hard reset, the unit forgets where to look for the IGO EXE file, so you have to direct it back to the memory card again. Is the unit seeing anything on your SD card?

It needs to look on the SD and not on the one called "NAND FLASH"

tony_fry
5th May 2010, 19:08
Nothing is showing it's like the card is blank

stux99
5th May 2010, 19:12
I had this with mine, found I had to create root folder "gpslog" as well as iGo then it worked:shrug:

para999
6th May 2010, 00:03
Para99
I received this response in regards to the DVB-T

the solution is to remove the filter device in the power line, then connect the line direct to a 12v power The filter device is the one in the small picture.

Hopefully this will resolve it.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/GHtrading/image0033.jpg

Thanks Sean, will try that

:)

para999
6th May 2010, 00:10
If you have any questions about IGO, please feel free to ask me, I have been "playing" with it for a couple of years now, so I "do" know quite a bit about it

Thanks again!

Managed to find a setting that now 'follows' the direction I'm going and not show north. Small problem still though.... I have to manually find the GPS and set the port and baud rate everytime I turn the unit on so it can locte satellites. I have tried to get this to save so it loads automatically, but can't seem to do it!

Any ideas?
Thanks

David Lawrence
6th May 2010, 02:34
Thanks again!

Managed to find a setting that now 'follows' the direction I'm going and not show north. Small problem still though.... I have to manually find the GPS and set the port and baud rate everytime I turn the unit on so it can locte satellites. I have tried to get this to save so it loads automatically, but can't seem to do it!

Any ideas?
Thanks

You have used the supplied adapter leads haven't you?

It does seem like you dont need them but the aux & Batt leads are swapped over on the unit and the adapter converts it back so if you dont use the adapter then the unit will forget its settings when you switch off.

David Lawrence
6th May 2010, 02:43
Nothing is showing it's like the card is blank

I assume you can read the files on a PC ? Are you using the original supplied card or is it a copy, as the manual says some types dont work. I've found Kingston and Lexar work ok. Also make sure there are no other programs hiding on the card. I do have one card that physically doesn't seem to latch in to the reader very well, it seems to catch on something so is it properly locked in or is it just stiff in the reader?

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 06:17
Thanks again!

Any ideas?
Thanks

If you edit the SYS.TXT file within IGO and add :-

[gps]
port="2"
baud="9600"

You might already have this, but with the wrong settings.

It should then startup okay

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 06:40
I assume you can read the files on a PC ? Are you using the original supplied card or is it a copy, as the manual says some types dont work. I've found Kingston and Lexar work ok. Also make sure there are no other programs hiding on the card. I do have one card that physically doesn't seem to latch in to the reader very well, it seems to catch on something so is it properly locked in or is it just stiff in the reader?

Thanks David,

I have three different mini SD cards, which read fine in the card reader, but do not show on the head unit

The message from Sean is:-

1st email
And Yes, they responded

Regarding to SD map card, we experienced the similar situation, we have a quite simple & effective solution.
Pull out the SD card, clean the connecting finger of both SD and microSD. Then try again.

2nd email
Okay
To me it indicates that your antenna is working but for some reason it is not reading the SD Card.
Please let me put it to the factory again tonight and I will get them to pee or get off the pot.
You have been very patient

Sean

I don't know if I should take the unit apart to see if anything has come adrift with the SD card reader inside.

The unit is great apart from this BIG problem. the picture quality is much better that my existing unit, the only major downside is the TMC is not working.

para999
6th May 2010, 07:21

[gps]
port="2"
baud="9600"

Thanks yet again Tony, Just about to go to bed after a very long night at work! Will try that as soon as I get up. Hopefully I won't mess up the settings! :confused:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You have used the supplied adapter leads haven't you?

It does seem like you dont need them but the aux & Batt leads are swapped over on the unit and the adapter converts it back so if you dont use the adapter then the unit will forget its settings when you switch off.

---

Hi David, yes, I did use the new leads. The radio keeps the stations stored in the memory, so guess that the power leads are the right way round.
I did originally try it without the leads when i was playing....but the steering wheel controls didn't work... Do now!

Thanks

Gordon

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 08:21
Thanks yet again Tony, Just about to go to bed after a very long night at work! Will try that as soon as I get up. Hopefully I won't mess up the settings! :confused:

Gordon

Don't worry about the setting, they will not effect IGO, if you still have a problem, if you PM me with your sys.txt details I can have a look at it for you.

italianstallion
6th May 2010, 15:50
Thanks David,

I have three different mini SD cards, which read fine in the card reader, but do not show on the head unit

The message from Sean is:-

1st email
And Yes, they responded

Regarding to SD map card, we experienced the similar situation, we have a quite simple & effective solution.
Pull out the SD card, clean the connecting finger of both SD and microSD. Then try again.

2nd email
Okay
To me it indicates that your antenna is working but for some reason it is not reading the SD Card.
Please let me put it to the factory again tonight and I will get them to pee or get off the pot.
You have been very patient

Sean

I don't know if I should take the unit apart to see if anything has come adrift with the SD card reader inside.

The unit is great apart from this BIG problem. the picture quality is much better that my existing unit, the only major downside is the TMC is not working.

Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 16:13
[QUOTE=italianstallion;519398]Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.[/QUOTE

Hi Fraser, I think I have tried everything. Attached is the setup screen for the SAT NAV, as you can see it does not show the "Storage Card" in the lower part of the screen, which it did before. If you can suggest anything that might help please let me know.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/STORAGE_CARD.jpg

The Setup shows:-

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/IMG_0013.jpg

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 16:30
Sean (Radioguy) has been great, he has constantly been in touch with the factory in China, which is a bit of a problem with the time differences between China, Canada and the UK.

The factory did offer to send over a SD reader (internal in the head unit) for me to get fitted, but I had been along that route with my other head unit, I had replaced two components (over a 8 week period as I had to wait for them to arrive from China) and to great expense to me (totalling over £90.00 for an electrical engineer to replace the faulty items and the return postage another £66.00, which I never received any refund from the supplier, who had promised to refund me).

Sean has agreed under his warranty, which he has given the forum members to refund my return postage charge which will be around another £50-70 as it has to be sent via Parcelforce/ EMS to avoid the custom charges at both ends.

I am just waiting for confirmation on which service he wants it returned by.

Downside I will lose the radio for Christ knows now many weeks, my last unit took 21 days to get back to China and then another 10-14 days for it to get back to me.

So after just a few hours of the unit being in the car I have to take it out again

:mad::mad::mad:

philb37
6th May 2010, 16:43
Mine has been taken back to parceforce depot...I wont get it now till next week earliest!

tony_fry
6th May 2010, 16:47
Mine has been taken back to parceforce depot...I wont get it now till next week earliest!

You should be able to contact Parcelforce and arrange for it to drop off at your local post office, or you can always collect from them they are open 8am till 12:30 on Saturday's , we send all our deliveries out by Parcelfoce because of this facility

stux99
6th May 2010, 20:08
Dont want to speak too soon but mine is in and working, just need to sort the s/wheel controls (ZT)

Stu

phenonix
6th May 2010, 21:44
[QUOTE=italianstallion;519398]Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.[/QUOTE

Hi Fraser, I think I have tried everything. Attached is the setup screen for the SAT NAV, as you can see it does not show the "Storage Card" in the lower part of the screen, which it did before. If you can suggest anything that might help please let me know.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/tcfuk/STORAGE_CARD.jpg

The Setup shows:-

Don't know if you tried this but

Some devices read storage cards differently, if your editing any ini or txt file, you may need to find out how your device recognises your memory card.

This can include:
StorageCard
Storage Card
SDMMC
SD Card
Flash Disk (internal memory)
Resident Flash (internal memory)

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 06:28
[QUOTE=tony_fry;519406]

Don't know if you tried this but

Some devices read storage cards differently, if your editing any ini or txt file, you may need to find out how your device recognises your memory card.

This can include:
StorageCard
Storage Card
SDMMC
SD Card
Flash Disk (internal memory)
Resident Flash (internal memory)

I think I have tried everything, the original micro card that come with the unit and several other versions of IGO.

I might try TomTom on it, but to me it seems like the WINC CE software or the card reader is faulty, I tried the mico card on the left slot and it works fine, I.E I can play the music that on my cards that have IGO on it.

Radioguy
7th May 2010, 13:45
Guys, On Another note, I just want this out there, We shipped out 42 Units and there have been 4 Not showing tracking. Yesterday we found 2 of the 4 at Export Control in China and they have since been sent on to the buyers. I want you all to know that even if a unit is lost, I will replace at my cost as It is my responsibility to get these to you. My Agent is working hard and tormenting EMS to trace these down.

David Lawrence
7th May 2010, 16:43
[quote=phenonix;519620]

I think I have tried everything, the original micro card that come with the unit and several other versions of IGO.

I might try TomTom on it, but to me it seems like the WINC CE software or the card reader is faulty, I tried the mico card on the left slot and it works fine, I.E I can play the music that on my cards that have IGO on it.

What happens when you press the master reset button? It may reset the Win CE if that is anything to do with it.

markb63
7th May 2010, 16:47
i see a few people are wanting to run tom tom on this unit ? i can tell you that if you have an sd card this is possible , as i run tom tom on my binatone , its a bit complicated to do it and i spent about 3 days on and off messing with it to get it to work :( , you have to put internet explorer on the sd card with tom tom , if any body does want the tom tom software pm me , send me an sd card and i will copy mine to yours :D its got all the cameras and voices on it ....... the only downside with it is it doesnt boot straight to tom tom you have to go in to windows home page and then select tom tom takes about 6 seconds ish to boot to tom tom :)

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 17:19
[quote=tony_fry;519709]

What happens when you press the master reset button? It may reset the Win CE if that is anything to do with it.

No Sorry David, I have tried that, I disconnected the unit overnight to let the memory on the unit run out (Cache).

Sean and the Factory have now agreed to take the unit back, I had stripped it down to check the solder joints and the micro card read just to see if it was damaged, or if any of the fingers were not making contact.

I must say Sean, has been more than helpful.

I would suggest that anyone wanting to buy the unit, should use Sean, he has done more that another supplier would have done, I know from other experience with dealing with other sellers in China.

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 17:23
i see a few people are wanting to run tom tom on this unit ? i can tell you that if you have an sd card this is possible , as i run tom tom on my binatone , its a bit complicated to do it and i spent about 3 days on and off messing with it to get it to work :( , you have to put internet explorer on the sd card with tom tom , if any body does want the tom tom software pm me , send me an sd card and i will copy mine to yours :D its got all the cameras and voices on it ....... the only downside with it is it doesnt boot straight to tom tom you have to go in to windows home page and then select tom tom takes about 6 seconds ish to boot to tom tom :)

Mark,

Have you overcome the sound clipping on TomTom? what version did you manage to get running? Version 6 or 7

markb63
7th May 2010, 17:29
Mark,

Have you overcome the sound clipping on TomTom? what version did you manage to get running? Version 6 or 7
version 7 tony......... sound clipping ? :shrug:

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 17:34
version 7 tony......... sound clipping ? :shrug:

Yes when I tried it, it only gave the first part of the instruction, I.E Turn l
instead of Turn Left but then I did not put internet explorer on mine

markb63
7th May 2010, 17:39
Yes when I tried it, it only gave the first part of the instruction, I.E Turn l
instead of Turn Left but then I did not put internet explorer on mine

all working fine on mine , i copied and pasted the ie symbol from my pc , cant remember where from though , it took me a fair amount of time to get it running :bowdown: will do a search on my pc now and let you now where to copy it from , did you also format the sd card mark

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 17:42
all working fine on mine , i copied and pasted the ie symbol from my pc , cant remember where from though , it took me a fair amount of time to get it running :bowdown: will do a search on my pc now and let you now where to copy it from , did you also format the sd card mark

Yes please Mark if you could let me know, might be of some use to other members too who wanted TomTom on their head units.

Yes I did format the SD card, I do it as soon as I get a new card.

markb63
7th May 2010, 17:54
typical cant find it lol :getmecoat: i formated the sd to fat 32 and installed the ie symbol its the one with a picture of a screen and a pc next to it , do a search of windows , file version is 6.0.2900.5512 and the size is 0.98 mb, you have to rename mobile navigator as well , from memory you remove the exe and just rename it mobile navigator in capitals , if you dont do this windows ce will not pick it up , i visited lots of very spurious web sites for the info :D well worth it though , if you cant get it running send me an sd card and i will copy mine :)

para999
7th May 2010, 18:02

[gps]
port="2"
baud="9600"

Hi Tony

Found the offending incorrect baud rate figure and amended it...works perfectly now!

:}

Regards

Gordon

tony_fry
7th May 2010, 18:06
Hi Tony

Found the offending incorrect baud rate figure and amended it...works perfectly now!

:}

Regards

Gordon

No problem Gordon, glad I was of help to you, next thing you should do is change the Skin, and add the full UK voice which will give you full instructions I.E "turn left in 100 yards onto ***** road" and "take exit 3 onto the M25" ECT .

There is just some much you can add and do to IGO it IS a great program.

markb63
7th May 2010, 18:07
ok tony do a search just for explorer . exe , it should be the first one on the list c:/ windows not the i386 service pack hope this helps and the best of british with it lol :bowdown:

para999
7th May 2010, 18:26
No problem Gordon, glad I was of help to you, next thing you should do is change the Skin, and add the full UK voice which will give you full instructions I.E "turn left in 100 yards onto ***** road" and "take exit 3 onto the M25" ECT .

There is just some much you can add and do to IGO it IS a great program.

Hi Tony

Ok....next question then...how? Full UK voice with full instructions would be good. Have seen several sites for IGO8 skins etc, but which are the safe ones??

:bowdown:

Gordon

stux99
7th May 2010, 20:02
Just like to say thanks to Sean, very happy so far:D
Still not done steering controls, got to check wires before I cut anything.
Again, thanks Sean.....

Burton Brewer
7th May 2010, 20:57
Hi All/ Radio Guy.
Id also like to say thank you to Sean regarding getting these bits of kit to us, don,t they look good! ;)
Ive installed the unit using the all supplied leads, I took the factory fitted alpine unit out and did the swap. Ive followed the instruction on the set up from the book.
But.......I can brew good beer and make veneered cabinets. Im really really thick when it comes to the technical side of things.
Im so sorry about the basic questions.
I need some help here.

1. I can,t get my sat nav to work. It shows the curant position on the sat nav from when I set it up on installation, ie my house. When I set my destination and set off it still stays at my house. I can not find this "baud" thing. Ive got as far as Tony's photo below and gone through the files to find this baud setting. Can anybody explain how to get to the settings/folder in very simple terms?

2. After about 3/4 of an hour of using the unit the screen flicks to blue and momently shows the wording USB then the wording AUX, then it shows the black screen with the "MG" logo and then "READING USB", at the same time you can hear the dvd drive whirling away. After giving it a rest it goes back to normal. I feel this might be something to do with the sat nav trying to kick in. :shrug:

3. Can any body put me in the direction of getting the steering controls to work, I have to do something with the wiring??

Ive yet to fit my wireless camera, but look forward to getting it working.

Thanks and Cheers for any attention to these matters.
Steve.

lathbury
7th May 2010, 21:37
Hi All, I finally have some tracking on my unit all thanks to the hard work of Sean , it is being shipped from Shenzen tomorrow. Can anyone give me an idea based on their deliveries how long I can expect to wait for delivery as we are having a few days away and I will have to to arrange for someone to be in to sign for it. John.

David Lawrence
7th May 2010, 21:38
Hi All/ Radio Guy.
Id also like to say thank you to Sean regarding getting these bits of kit to us, don,t they look good! ;)
Ive installed the unit using the all supplied leads, I took the factory fitted alpine unit out and did the swap. Ive followed the instruction on the set up from the book.
But.......I can brew good beer and make veneered cabinets. Im really really thick when it comes to the technical side of things.
I need some help here.

1. I can,t get my sat nav to work. It shows the curant position on the sat nav from when I set it up on installation, ie my house. When I set my destination and set off it still stays at my house. I can not find this "baud" thing. Ive got as far as Tony's photo below and gone through the files to find this baud setting. Can anybody explain how to get to the settings/folder in very simple terms?

2. After about 3/4 of an hour of using the unit the screen flicks to blue and momently shows the wording USB then the wording AUX, then it shows the black screen with the "MG" logo and then "READING USB", at the same time you can hear the dvd drive whirling away. After giving it a rest it goes back to normal. I feel this might be something to do with the sat nav trying to kick in. :shrug:

3. Can any body put me in the direction of getting the steering controls to work, I have to do something with the wiring??

Steve.

I suspect you have left the protective film on the screen. Mine had a habit of uncontrolled operations when I left mine on, but I pulled it off and it stopped immediately. I think the film from the factory is not able to cope with static very well and convinces the touch screen that its being touched. If you still want a protective film you can buy a proper sat nav one from ebay.

Burton Brewer
7th May 2010, 22:01
I suspect you have left the protective film on the screen. Mine had a habit of uncontrolled operations when I left mine on, but I pulled it off and it stopped immediately. I think the film from the factory is not able to cope with static very well and convinces the touch screen that its being touched. If you still want a protective film you can buy a proper sat nav one from ebay.

Eck David, Brilliant, as easy as pulling a bit of plastic off the screen :D. I shall try it tomorrow.
Thanks David.
Steve.

para999
7th May 2010, 22:02
Hi All/ Radio Guy.
I need some help here.

Steve.

Hi

I had the same problem with satnav until Tony sorted me out!

You need to take the mini SD card holding the satnav files out of the unit and connect it to a pc. Open the files and you will see a text document called sys. Open that and scroll down to

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600
protocol="nmea"

I guess your baud will be set to something else as mine was, so it wouldn't locate satellites...therefore, no tracking!

Replace whatever figure you have for baud to 9600 and it should work!

Regards

Gordon

para999
7th May 2010, 22:09
Hi All, I finally have some tracking on my unit all thanks to the hard work of Sean , it is being shipped from Shenzen tomorrow. Can anyone give me an idea based on their deliveries how long I can expect to wait for delivery as we are having a few days away and I will have to to arrange for someone to be in to sign for it. John.

Mine took 8 days....even with the ash cloud interferring!

Burton Brewer
7th May 2010, 22:19
[quote=para999;520142]Hi

You need to take the mini SD card holding the satnav files out of the unit and connect it to a pc. Open the files and you will see a text document called sys. Open that and scroll down to

You guys are good, 2 out of 3 problems solved in a hour and a half :bowdown:.
I didn't realise you at to put your SD card in a computor to do this! :getmecoat:
Thanks parra999.
Steve

para999
7th May 2010, 22:55
[quote=para999;520142]Hi

You guys are good, 2 out of 3 problems solved in a hour and a half :bowdown:.
I didn't realise you at to put your SD card in a computor to do this! :getmecoat:
Thanks parra999.
Steve

Yep...fortunately had the adapter to put the micro SD card into a card reader!

lathbury
8th May 2010, 09:01
Many thanks para999.

stux99
8th May 2010, 11:43
Right, after trawling here and "over there" I cant seem to find relevant info for ZT irda wheel controls. Off the loom to the box in mine I have 3 wires, Green/White-Blu/Purple-Black.
On the new unit from Sean I have Green marked steering key 1 and Black marked steering ground. Also loose wire marked steering key 2.
Please help or am I missing the obvious? Dont want to brick amy unit by doing it wrong:o

Radioguy
8th May 2010, 12:06
Right, after trawling here and "over there" I cant seem to find relevant info for ZT irda wheel controls. Off the loom to the box in mine I have 3 wires, Green/White-Blu/Purple-Black.
On the new unit from Sean I have Green marked steering key 1 and Black marked steering ground. Also loose wire marked steering key 2.
Please help or am I missing the obvious? Dont want to brick amy unit by doing it wrong:o

Sorry I missed all the action here. But you folks seem to be well supported without my input.

This is Courtesy of PICKY
"The blue/orange and the blue/purple steering wheel control wires are in the main iso block of the car loom so remove them from there.
Cut the red connector off on the radio end and connect the black wire to the blue/purple wire and the green wire to the blue/orange wire.Now go into the setup menu and set the controls to how you want them.Operate one of the controls on the wheel while you press the icon on the screen you want it to operate and the icon will turn blue not red as stated in the manual then do the same for the rest of the controls then press save and it should now work.

Radioguy
8th May 2010, 12:09

John , Sorry again,We shipped 42 units that week, we have 4 units that "went missing" , and we have been harassing EMS to find them and were preparing to send replacements, 2 have turned up so far at "export control" and my agent is still trying to locate the other 2.

RG

stux99
8th May 2010, 12:35
Thanks Sean, my problem is conflicting info on wire colour,my infra red unit has 3 wires, Green/White and Blue/Purple and Black. I might add my car is ZT-T originally fitted with Kenwood head unit.

Stu

Sorry I missed all the action here. But you folks seem to be well supported without my input.

This is Courtesy of PICKY
"The blue/orange and the blue/purple steering wheel control wires are in the main iso block of the car loom so remove them from there.
Cut the red connector off on the radio end and connect the black wire to the blue/purple wire and the green wire to the blue/orange wire.Now go into the setup menu and set the controls to how you want them.Operate one of the controls on the wheel while you press the icon on the screen you want it to operate and the icon will turn blue not red as stated in the manual then do the same for the rest of the controls then press save and it should now work.

Radioguy
8th May 2010, 12:42
Thanks Sean, my problem is conflicting info on wire colour,my infra red unit has 3 wires, Green/White and Blue/Purple and Black. I might add my car is ZT-T originally fitted with Kenwood head unit.

Stu

Whoops, Too many emails and Messages this AM, I saw the problem and had Picky's Solution saved in a file for Copy and paste.

Let me get a corrected version.

Radioguy
8th May 2010, 12:45
Whoops, Too many emails and Messages this AM, I saw the problem and had Picky's Solution saved in a file for Copy and paste.

Let me get a corrected version.

For Infrared Steering wheel Controls
blue lead from the new unit to the blue/pink (Could that be your Blue Purple?) one that attaches into the infra red control box.

stux99
8th May 2010, 12:54
Thanks Sean.Is that the blue lead marked amp-c? Will give that a try later.
Might I just add how happy I am with the unit, might even consider DVB-T box soon;)

picky747
8th May 2010, 13:36
For the steering wheel control the only wires you have to connect to the cars wiring are the two connected to the red connector on the units fly-lead.Ignore any separate wires with steering labels on them.

http://i43.tinypic.com/24dlaug.jpg

stux99
8th May 2010, 13:43
Understood Picky, just dont seem to have blue/orange wire in my loom? Just colours as my previous post, mine is ZT with Kenwood IR unit

Radioguy
8th May 2010, 14:11
Understood Picky, just dont seem to have blue/orange wire in my loom? Just colours as my previous post, mine is ZT with Kenwood IR unit

My Agent works Saturdays and basically said I HAVE NO IDEA So I am in holding pattern until Tomorrow Night or Monday AM
Sorry