The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Door card removal 75 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295544)

Scoobydodad 5th May 2019 10:36

Door card removal 75

Just tried to remove drivers side door card, started with window control unit took it out removed the black connector but the white one would not budge don't want to pull to hard incase it breaks, from the looks of it it just pulls out there's no clip that is pressed to slip it out, any ideas.

markypicks 5th May 2019 10:45

it should just pull out mine did theres too very strong clips in the centre of the door card these usually break when removing them i was lucky that mine didnt

planenut 5th May 2019 10:56

If the retention is only from the middle, try pulling it gently towards yourself, then vertically.

suzublu 5th May 2019 11:57

Might help :shrug: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=79190

stocktake 5th May 2019 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobydodad (Post 2731737)
Just tried to remove drivers side door card, started with window control unit took it out removed the black connector but the white one would not budge don't want to pull to hard incase it breaks, from the looks of it it just pulls out there's no clip that is pressed to slip it out, any ideas.

Seem to remember the clips are on the side of the white plugs

genpk 6th May 2019 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2731765)
Seem to remember the clips are on the side of the white plugs

sometimes need to dig out the small white clips on the side of the plug.

madeupname 6th May 2019 22:53

For the main switch white connector I usually press in the sides and wiggle it out. It can be a bit stiff.
But on the other doors, there is only a white connector. Look on either the top or the bottom and you will see a small white slit. That is what you will need to push a small screwdriver in, in order to release that clip.
as for the two centre clips for the card itself, pull the card slightly toward you to make sure the studs are free, then lift up the card. You will need a pair of mole grips to press the tangs flat in order to get the black plastic bits off the clips. These need to be replaced on the door card before re-ritting.
Just done 8 door cards so it is still fresh in my memory :}

T16 7th May 2019 03:02

Never EVER pull the door card near the "joins" where you see the two sections butt against each other on the outside.

Almost every single one Ive seen 2nd hand, people yank the cards off and behind where that join is, the card is very weakly plastic riveted/welded, and pulling it breaks the rivets.

Lever it out a bit from the top near the door pin after you have loosened the top edge, then you can see exactly where the retaining clips are with a torch, and make sure when you pull you apply even pressure to both sides of the joins when you see them.

ALSO NEVER smack the pocket of the door card when refitting!!! NEVER. It will break the plastic (another rivet weld) where the pocket is affixed, and your pocket will never be tight again. ALWAYS put your hand INSIDE the pocket, and apply pressure to the inner part of the card.

Any damage to the card can introduce rattles etc, after doing many, mine are all as tight as new as I have the technique down now.

Another pro tip.... as you pop the fir trees out of the door card, reach in and slide them out of their locating slots, this minimises the chance of you moving the door card about when you are fiddling with it, and the fir trees gashing and damaging the ludicrously fragile foam water shedder behind the card.

Final tip... dont yank the card up sharply when removing it off the centre clip, just twist it gently side to side whilst applying upwards force for a far more controlled and less likely to damage anything approach.

Even better if you have 3 hands.

macafee2 7th May 2019 18:50

in the "centre" of the door car are two black plastic fittings on the door.
you need to remove these, noting which way up the go and fit them to the metal bracket on the back of the door card.
You can then refit the door card

macafee2