View Single Post
Old 8th March 2009, 10:51   #24
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NDEREZ View Post
Definately an interesting read, good job.

Totally agree though, Cliff.. The Bracknell meet last weekend really opened my eyes to quite how much I was missing! I don't really think there were definitive changeover dates though, as mine's a mid 2002 Connie, and while it has some of the deletions (none embossed headrests, and rubbish boot trim) it still has the original mirrors, and the extra piping on the seats! Who knows?!
The dates of changeover are direct quotes from the Project Drive Bulletins issued from MG Rover to the dealerships, as contained in RAVE.

Looking at your car, as the door mirrors didn't change until 6th May 2002, it's quite conceivable that yours had had the old ones fitted May time, but again was not complete and off the production line 'til a little later. Have a look at your VIN number and see whether it falls before 255987 that might give a clearer indication of the situation.

As for the second layer of piping on the seats, I looked very hard to find info on this, but nothing is listed, what's more interesting, is that although some cars were affected, later cars were not (i.e) the piping went, but came back again? - this makes me think it's not a project drive cut back, but more a design mistake, or change of supplier issue

Piping thread here for those interested http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=33646
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote