Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2006, 16:21   #31
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Can I just say that the Christmas Smilies are not my work but that of Auntie Christopher.

Oh, let the cat out of the bag now.......

Yours,

Great Grandma Petey

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 18:33   #32
mad4it

Rover 75 Cdt Conn SE auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga View Post
What I tend to do is to drive up to them on the inside lane, pull out behind them (not too close) and then overtake. When I have completed the maneouvre, I then move back into the nearside lane (indicating left whilst doing so) in order to make it obvious that they are causing an obstruction. But, sadly, they still ignore it!!!!
Well guys, seems there are mixed opinions, and I'm still confused, I agree with the above and indeed have done that myself, I was aware of the other driver coming on the inside, and also that the offside lane was clear, I also knew that in a few hundred yards, vehicals would be joining the motorway on the entry slip road, also with the rain coming down, I thought it best to stay put until past the lorry and the entry slip road. The 106 driver had the option to use lane three to go past, but chose to undertake & pull in front as if to teach me a lesson ! This arrogant attitude was what I found annoying, Then I thought how middle lane cruisers annoy me, and perhaps this was his point? Although it doesnt excuse dangerous driving.

Last edited by mad4it; 17th December 2006 at 18:36..
mad4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 23:18   #33
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

'51 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn. Purchased 02/05

Hi Shifter!

I see you used to be a Traffic Officer from Maidenhead. Have you ever appeared on Road Wars?

Regards,

David

Last edited by davidbooker; 17th December 2006 at 23:22..
davidbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 12:05   #34
KBX10
Regular poster

Rover 214, Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbooker View Post
Hi Shifter!

I see you used to be a Traffic Officer from Maidenhead. Have you ever appeared on Road Wars?

Regards,

David
Road Wars, now theres a place to see poor driving! Top program though.

Spent this weekend on the M6 visiting the outlaws. No end of drivers hogging lane 2. Having to pass from Lane 1 through to 3 and then back again got very tedious. Tend to glance across as I pass and find most drivers are unaware you are even there, almost drving with blinkers on. Does my head in.

On the undertaking front, hevy traffic on M6 last night. Lane 3 doing 40mph ish, Lane 2 doing 50mph ish. I'm in Lane 1 which is relatively empty and therefore traffic is flowing a lot quicker than Lanes 1 & 2. Am I classed as undertaking others?
KBX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 12:30   #35
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

KBX

Don't know the answer, but those circumstances do beg the questions "what is wrong with driving in lane 1?" and "Why do they sit in lane 2 or 3 like so many sheep?"
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 17:25   #36
shifter
Avid contributor

Mg Ztt

hi david brooker-
No not been on road wars yet but some of the guys from the base have been(night)- They will be the guys patrolling the Slough area-Was on about 2 weeks ago..

With reference to the chap going faster in lane 1 when lanes 2 and 3 were going slower (which happens a lot in rush hour) technically, yes you are undertaking-- I have only today seen the carnage caused by this happening at greater speeds-- belive me, stick in lane 1 in heavy traffic and let the other idiots go in lane 2/3 with a 10ft braking distance

PS--

Note to all memebers-As of now, we are taking prisoners if your braking distance is less than the speed/distance ratio in the highway code-Unless you are a memeber of course, then we just chat on the hard shoulder-
We nee some STICKERS however to prove we are memebers dont we!!!!!
Old 18th December 2006, 18:57   #37
markperkins
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoiseur SE Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiChiMan View Post
I noticed when going up to Sheffield that undertaking is a lot more common than it used to be... and some people drive so close to the car in front - I think I drive a lot more defensively than I used to ! or maybe its just old age creeping up on me
It's a 'crocoduck' thing!
markperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 19:05   #38
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
hi david brooker-
No not been on road wars yet but some of the guys from the base have been(night)- They will be the guys patrolling the Slough area-Was on about 2 weeks ago..

With reference to the chap going faster in lane 1 when lanes 2 and 3 were going slower (which happens a lot in rush hour) technically, yes you are undertaking-- I have only today seen the carnage caused by this happening at greater speeds-- belive me, stick in lane 1 in heavy traffic and let the other idiots go in lane 2/3 with a 10ft braking distance

PS--

Note to all memebers-As of now, we are taking prisoners if your braking distance is less than the speed/distance ratio in the highway code-Unless you are a memeber of course, then we just chat on the hard shoulder-
We nee some STICKERS however to prove we are memebers dont we!!!!!
YES

Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 20:39   #39
KBX10
Regular poster

Rover 214, Ford Mondeo

What would happen in this case, if spotted by a traffic patrol, would I be prosecuted or would they have assessed the situation and take no action? Bearing in mind that during this journey, all I am doing is driving safely and keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front.
In addition, by remaining in lane 1, I am able to maintain a fairly constant speed whilst those in 2 and 3 are forever accelerating and braking. Can't be doing with all that! Plus it makes for a more comfortable journey for the wife and daughter.
KBX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 21:50   #40
shifter
Avid contributor

Mg Ztt

Sensible driving indeed-When in lane 1 , you have the benefit of the hard shoulder a s an escape route-Thats why us police types toodle along at 60mph in lane 1!!

Just remember the golden rule in Roadcraft Police driving manual-Anticipate everyones driving and you'll stay alive

Merry Xmas-Please don't drink and mash your MG/Rover- I can accept seeing injured people but smashed Rovers hurt me