Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2014, 18:00   #11
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer 2.5 V6 Auto Hi-Line

Thanks!

I have definitely have a Mark 3 - that is without question now.

I have not seen a 'trimble' unit - where would that have been on the tourer? I certainly have not seen it near the sat-nav drive. My car is a 51 plate so I have no idea which sat-nav originally fitted.

I am guessing I have 2 antenna cables as the person who I asked to fit this I do not think was very good (I no longer use them) and who knows where they put the antenna I supplied them with the sat-nav (it was quite a while ago at the start of my Rover 75 ownership and I cannot remember details and would now do things differently!).

I guess I need to know where a 'trimble' unit would be on a tourer - if it is there I need to check it connections, if it is not I need yet another antenna!
iandb1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:37   #12
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Pull out your Mark III and follow the Multipin connector cables back with your hand, if they very quickly meet up with another connected box, that's the Trimble.

As I said in my previous post, it is screwed onto the top (or so times the bottom) of the metal bracket or cage that your Mark III is slotted into. You may need to pull back the boot trim to get a better look. I would do that anyway to try and trace the additional antenna lead's source.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:47   #13
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Reebs,

Is this the same for the tourer re position? Certainly nothing near the sat-nav bracket in the cubby hole to the right side of the loading area. Either way I will follow the cables as described but I have a feeling the trimble is not there but it could be well hidden!
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:55   #14
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Yes I believe it's the same for the tourer as the saloon
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:03   #15
Reebs
Owners Club Director

From memory, I think the Mark III was introduced during 2002, certainly my tourer which was built in March 2002 has a Mark III fitted.
Old 11th November 2014, 21:12   #16
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Well my new antenna arrived today so I fitted and there is still no sat-nav signal being detected!

I have had a good route about and cannot find a trimble unit (it was dark though and my torch not great but I swear it is not there) so the most likely scenario is that the Mark III itself has issues. It does power up and power down as would be expected and essentially all seems fine with it except no matter which antenna I plug in to it there is no sat-nav signal! Is this a known fault of the Mark III, i.e. the GPS receiver not working? The connection between the antenna and the Mark III does seem a bit odd but all 3 antennas do push similarly and stay on. This is getting under my skin now! Time to get an expert in to look at it I think!
Old 11th November 2014, 23:42   #17
Reebs
Owners Club Director

No it usually isn't a problem, certainly on at least three occasions when a tourers sat nav could not see the satellites, it was due to the antenna failing on the roof. Check both above and below the sat nav bracket, it has been known to be in either place. Have you checked the connector that joins the short sharks fin wire to the main body extension wire, in the headlining? If that has come adrift......?