Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2015, 10:21   #1
dunc69

Skoda Octavia

Default As new 75 2 litre V6 Connoisseur saloon - 175 miles

Hello all,

I have agreed to assist an elderly chap who lives near me. He has a 2002 75 2 litre V6 Connoisseur saloon with only c.175 miles on the clock. It is in Wedgewood blue and has dark blue leather seats with cream piping, a cream steering wheel with half cream half blue leather door cards.

I went to see it a couple of weeks ago. It is in a warehouse and lives under a cover. It is absolutely immaculate - as new - and a stunning car. There is no battery in it so I couldn't verify the mileage, but the owner says it is definitely between 150 and 200 miles. I checked very carefully under the bonnet, underneath and inside and I have no reason to doubt this low mileage. It is unmarked and looks like is has just rolled off the production line.

The owner bought it new but quickly decided it was too complicated for him to drive safely. It has been in a warehouse ever since. It was last moved (battery in and under its own power) 6 months ago from the next door warehouse.

He has now decided to sell it. I have spoken to Historics at Brooklands and they would happily market and auction it, but without a reserve. This makes us nervous considering the cost to take it up to Surrey.

Ideally the owner would like to sell it to a Rover enthusiast who would appreciate it for what it is and really look after it.

It therefore occurred to us that someone on here could be the ideal purchaser. Perhaps someone who has a 75 but would like the opportunity to upgrade to a newer one. This would be effectively buying new and it is in a stunning spec. It is probably unique at the moment. It would lose value once driven, but all new cars lose value as they leave the garage forecourt.

We would really appreciate your views as Rover experts. What do you think? What might the car be worth? Would you look to sell it on here or is there somewhere else that would be more appropriate?

Many thanks,
Dunc
dunc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 10:38   #2
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

if only I had the cash
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 10:55   #3
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

I'm afraid the answer is - not as much as you might think, sadly.

Youve done the right thing raising it on here, it will likely find an appreciative home. But on the open market, the 75 is not yet well enough appreciated.

Slightly hampering it is the 2.0 engine, not the most popular choice, and despite the low miles it will require an expensive cam belt change due to age alone, as well as other recommissioning.

That said, it would be a dream car for the enthusiast, and I wish you every success with its sale.

Some pictures would cause much collective drooling....
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 11:54   #4
Stu67
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I'd probably echo the above. Very difficult to value cars like this, but remember most traders (or private individuals) buying from auction would have to factor in re-commisioning costs such as cam belts, tyres etc. a good auction company should advise you on a sensible reserve.

If they are refusing to sell it with a reserve then A) they haven't a clue what its worth and B) they are just after any commission and to fill their catalogue.

Personally I'd be after a reserve of circa 2.5-3k and hope there are a couple of decent bidders in the room. Retail at a hopeful 5k to a collector? But as someone with some old cars I think that might even be pushing it at the moment as there just isn't the market for that model
Stu67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 12:05   #5
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

Sort of thing I would be interested in but detailed spec needed, Auto or manual? ect.
as said above not worth as much as you might first think, presuming it is say a 2001 model it is a 13 year old car, cambelts will need doing, all fluids will need changing, new tyres and probably brakes as well. very careful check of all hoses and ancillary's for age related break down.

But with all that, it would replace my daily driver nicely and give me another 9 years of 75 ownership so will watch this thread with interest.
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 14:37   #6
dunc69

Skoda Octavia

Sorry, it's a manual. The photos I have are with the cover half peeled back and won't do it justice. Also don't want to show the index and I've not mastered photoshop yet! I have one of the inside as a 'teaser' and one of the engine bay, so I'll try to post those.

Thanks for all the thoughts thus far. Not sure if I can invite offers? Is that allowed on here?

Cheers,
Dunc

Here's the interior pic. Looks stunning and smells new!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (134.8 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.9 KB, 994 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 28th February 2015 at 01:08.. Reason: Consecutive posts - Use the edit ;-) Thumbnails enlarged ;-)
Old 11th February 2015, 14:52   #7
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc69 View Post
Not sure if I can invite offers? Is that allowed on here? Dunc
Hi Dunc,

You can put a for sale adverts on here in the Members For Sale section but you have to name a price, not just offers.

You have to be a fully paid member (£10.00) to use this section.

Hope that helps.

Tom.
Old 11th February 2015, 14:53   #8
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of us Rover/MG Enthusiasts - I'm sure it has already served its purpose. (By putting it on this section). But I bring to your attention that you need to be a Paid-Up Subscriber to advertise a car 'For Sale'.

But as I say, I reckon the horse has "Already Bolted"....
Old 11th February 2015, 15:01   #9
Paulifa1
Loves to post

75 launch car

Wow, that looks a lovely car indeed

For your further information, it's earlier than 2002, at least build date wise, it's an earlier Longbridge built car, probably from first half of 2001 as it still has double piped leather and the earlier real burr walnut dash
By 2002 these had been dropped for single piping and fake walnut .

Does it have a sunroof at all?

By the way, it looks like it might be a Connoisseur SE actually, I'm seeing 4 buttons below the aircon, so electric rear blind as well as cruise & lowline sat-nav,... nice. Has it got rear parking sensors at all?

Last edited by Paulifa1; 11th February 2015 at 15:06..
Paulifa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 15:40   #10
dunc69

Skoda Octavia

Tom and Bill, many thanks. Noted. I will speak to the owner.

Paulifa,

Yes, I believe it is an SE. Yes to rear parking sensors, no to sunroof.

Cheers,
Dunc

Last edited by Dragrad; 28th February 2015 at 01:11.. Reason: Consecutive posts - Use the edit ;-)