Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2009, 20:40   #1
PARKY1912

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Abs Problem?

Anybody ever have this problem. ABS warning light stays on after starting engine and speedo won't work, also fuel gauge fluctuates up and down. This doesn't happen every time, when ABS light goes out as it should the gauges both work perfectly. Had a new sensor fitted for the MOT couple of weeks ago and ran without any problems for the first week. Also now and then get a judder through brake pedal just as I come to a halt even with minimal pressure on pedal. Any ideas?
PARKY1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 20:59   #2
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARKY1912 View Post
Anybody ever have this problem. ABS warning light stays on after starting engine and speedo won't work, also fuel gauge fluctuates up and down. This doesn't happen every time, when ABS light goes out as it should the gauges both work perfectly. Had a new sensor fitted for the MOT couple of weeks ago and ran without any problems for the first week. Also now and then get a judder through brake pedal just as I come to a halt even with minimal pressure on pedal. Any ideas?
Hi, welcome to the forum and club.

Get the faults checked by computer, I expect the judder is the ABS modulator running. If you've had a new sensor, I would expect that they scanned the codes before and replaced the relavant sensor so hopefully the new sensor is ok. Maybe the pick up ring is dirty/corroded.