Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2011, 16:53   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Sean DD lost ICE sound

Not quite as bad as the title reads.....

If I run the Satnav software, all the sound from the radio/ SD card/ TV/ CD and etc.. stops. I seem to remember it used to continue playing what ever it was playing, but interupted ocaisionally by the satnav's verbal instructions.

What setting have I changed please?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 07:35   #2
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

I have turned the sound off completely for the SatNav cos it frustrated me so much with the interrupts. I went down to London and back last week without any sound from it just by glancing at the screen.

To do this I went into the sound settings on the satnav. Touch the bottom right of the screen and another screen pops up with all sorts of settings. The ones with a yellow border are active. Touch the one with sound and it turns off satnav sound. There may well be another in there that you could have pressed by accident.

HTH

Edd
Old 29th March 2011, 08:41   #3
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
I have turned the sound off completely for the SatNav cos it frustrated me so much with the interrupts. I went down to London and back last week without any sound from it just by glancing at the screen.

To do this I went into the sound settings on the satnav. Touch the bottom right of the screen and another screen pops up with all sorts of settings. The ones with a yellow border are active. Touch the one with sound and it turns off satnav sound. There may well be another in there that you could have pressed by accident.

HTH

Edd

If it's the sound of the satnav breaking through the radio then the setting are thus, top right corner of radio screen you have the home button, click ther, then top left corner, a options button (looks like a cog), click there, the select the settings button, on the first screen there is a gps listening option, unclick this and thats it, no more annoying voice break through. doesnt disable the voice when you are on the satnav
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 15:14   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
If it's the sound of the satnav breaking through the radio then the setting are thus, top right corner of radio screen you have the home button, click ther, then top left corner, a options button (looks like a cog), click there, the select the settings button, on the first screen there is a gps listening option, unclick this and thats it, no more annoying voice break through. doesnt disable the voice when you are on the satnav
Er, no - its the other way around, I have lost all of my other sound when the satnav is active. I basically got fed up with the barrage of noise from the camera warnings and tried to inhibit them - which I think caused me to loose all my other sounds.

Wish I knew how to work this thing properly :-)

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 29th March 2011, 15:57   #5
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Harry,

This is probably what you should have in your sys file...

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_warning=1
speedcam_maxdistance_from_road=10

[sound]
suspend_time=0
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0

Hope this helps !...

Cheers

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 16:37   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Thanks Mark, I'll give that a go..

Old 29th March 2011, 20:01   #7
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post

Okay then I will try this tomorrow. I know that you can switch on and off various sounds like camera and at what point you want the warnings ect (100 metres 200 metres etc) But if you turn the volume of these down it still interrupted the radio or whatever sound source etc. without any sound at all.

I take it this option then allows the radio etc to keep going and the satnav just talks over it. Cool

That I don't mind as it was how my Tom Tom worked.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edd
Old 29th March 2011, 21:52   #8
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

It is the setting on the main system set up page that controls this.If you de-select GPS listen it will switch off the sound from the radio etc while the satnav is running.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 22:32   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
It is the setting on the main system set up page that controls this.If you de-select GPS listen it will switch off the sound from the radio etc while the satnav is running.
Thanks, that is the most likely explanation after I was messing about with the settings the other day. Some of the labels on the virtual buttons are quite cryptic as to there actual function.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 29th March 2011 at 22:35..
Old 2nd April 2011, 14:02   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier....

My ICE sound is now working normally when the satnav is in use. BaconButty was spot on - The setting was on, but after turning it off then back on my ICE sound returned.