Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2011, 21:56   #11
KEN BATTY
Avid contributor

75 contemporay

different scenario but a phone contract with vodafone is for 12 months if you leave early they want the money upto the last day
even to the tune of wanting payment after my wife had passsed away got out of it with some difficulty.
KEN BATTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 22:32   #12
3stripes
Avid contributor

1,8 saloon & 1.8t saloon

not being a legal expert at housing contracts but i,d take a guess that yes both parties must give each other 1months notice if either wants out, but how was contract worded? i know a guy that paying an arm and a leg for a house and when told there a cheaper house elsewhere he,d say his contract is worded in such away he got to pay till the end of term unless the landlord gets new tenants
phil
3stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 09:09   #13
DavidNW
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8, 2001, royal blue, owned by im up norf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stripes View Post
not being a legal expert at housing contracts but i,d take a guess that yes both parties must give each other 1months notice if either wants out, but how was contract worded? i know a guy that paying an arm and a leg for a house and when told there a cheaper house elsewhere he,d say his contract is worded in such away he got to pay till the end of term unless the landlord gets new tenants
phil
The tenancy agreement made no mention of a 'break clause' so that the tenancy could be ended early by either party. From what I've researched so far, if there is no 'break clause' then the tenant is bound to see out the full term; otherwise pay the rent up to the tenancy ends. The tenant can give one month's notice from when the tenancy agreement ends. however, the tenant in question, wants to give just one month's notice (from yesterday) - the tenancy agreement runs until 31st March, so they would have left by 7/01/2012 - which, I think, breaches their tenancy agreement, which was from 24/11/2011 to 24/03/2012.
DavidNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 09:32   #14
3stripes
Avid contributor

1,8 saloon & 1.8t saloon

i do think the tenant been unfair as surely they had an idea that they,d be moving on as quick, they claim to have been to c.a.b so why don,t you visit them or ask a lawyer for advice on matter, as i say could be how contract is worded, if this lot get away with it then add a new condition on next contract stating if tenant leaves early they pay remainder of contract
3stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 16:15   #15
shadowfax
Gets stuck in

75 Auto connie B R G

The point of my post was to confirm that if no alterations or amendments to confirm get out clausees or notice periods in contract. then the funds should be paid up until contract end not just 1 months notice. Whats point of contract otherwise. That said the. Practicality is that if they leave and are untraceable then funds lost anyway. Apologies. Typed this on my awful phone!

The odds of going to the shop for a loaf of bread and coming out with ONLY a loaf of bread are three billion to one
shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 17:21   #16
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

If you agree to a fixed term contract then you are stuck with it.. End of... innit...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 17:42   #17
DavidNW
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8, 2001, royal blue, owned by im up norf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
If you agree to a fixed term contract then you are stuck with it.. End of... innit...
Apparently not, went to the C.A.B and was told all the tenant needed to do was give one month's notice, even in the middle of the tenancy agreement. The tenancy agreement, had to clearly state that the tenant could not break the agreement - and if she or he did, then they would be liable for the rent until the end of the agreement. The tenancy agreement did not contain this clause, unfortunately.

We had researched (on the Net) and found that if no clause was in the agreement as mentioned above [and it wasn't, as stated], then the tenant had to see the agreement out, or pay the rent until the end of the agreement.

Live and learn, eh. Just makes you wonder if these tenancy agreements are worth the paper they are printed on.

Well, we still have our lovely 75 -all cleaned inside and out and looking so very good!!
DavidNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 19:45   #18
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

You have to be careful with legal opinions on the 'net due to more than fair sprinkling of US laws etc., not saying that's the case above, but it is easily confused one side of the pond to the other.
Chips
chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 19:52   #19
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

That makes no sense. If you have an agreement in writing, then it must be legally enforceable, or no one could make any such agreements about anything could they???
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 20:11   #20
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Just a view from the tenants side of this debate. My son is living in rental property and had signed up to rent a property for 12 months. Deposits paid etc but after four months' and one month before the birth of his daughter, his landlord gave them one month's notice to quit the house as he was selling up. This is legal under the terms of the contract according to cab and happens all the time apparently.

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote