Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2012, 07:31   #11
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Oh & by the way our forklift didn't like it & neither did our 2 Citroen vans
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 08:07   #12
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

10 Grand? Ouch! Think I will give it a wide berth then.

Not that we can get away from it completely - the powers that be insist a percentage gets mixed with the diesel we are buying now.

Mike
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 09:21   #13
Robbberd
Loves to post

MG ZT

hehe , used to run my old mitsubishi pajero on straight cooking oil only , ran like a dream , never smoked ( just smelt like a donut stall lol) , but now and again it had a good drink of proper stuff , serviced it regularily, brilliant .... but then cooking oil went up to nearly the same price as diesel... so , sold it
Robbberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 11:23   #14
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1mate View Post
As an aside, When Top Gear entered a E46 BMW 330d in the britcar 24 hour, they ran it on biodiesel & it ate the 'O' rings in the diesel pump, subsequently knackerring it. I'm not saying the 2.0 CDTI lump has the same pump but it is possible that they may share some internal components being from the same stable. The biodiesel was lacking the additives that stop the internal seals being eaten. I wouldn't use it because any savings would be used on pump replacement etc...
As I remember, on that occation they were used Bio that had not been fully 'de-meth'd' & it was this high concentration of Methanol that done for the seals!!

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:01   #15
brodev

Rover 75 Tourer

I started using biodiesel in my 75 just over 2 years ago. After approx 6 months my in tank pump went intermittant. It was replaced and for 5/6 months no probs. Then I needed a new in tank pump. It ran problem free for another 6 months then it needed a new in tank pump. I do not know whether or not the biodiesel is a cause but I have stopped using it to be on the safe side. These problems have cost me more than £2000 and a great deal of inconvenience and have used up all of my call outs for the AA.
brodev is offline   Reply With Quote