Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th February 2014, 18:24   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
All I can say is with both Tiscali and then TT I have not had any problems over many years. problem with BT's copper for two sessions but that was fixed at the box at the top of the pole. My incoming line is underground from the top of the pole box.
We used to have regular issues with the line, when it ran doown the outside of the house, but none since I moved it all inside. Then the replaced the pole to house line a few years ago, when they did the ntire street after a lightening strike.

As said my router connects at full speed and is showing zero errors / no collisions. It has remained connected solidly for months/years

We started on NT Hell dial up after a using a ffree dial up email service for a few years. NTL were appalling as is TT now. It would just keep stalling, sometime no service, or the number was busy.

We then moved to Tiscali which apart from the odd glitch was not too bad, until TT took them over. Then things were you constantly varying. We have rung to complain a few times, but they never accept that there might be an issue at their end and insist on putting us through the mangle trying to fix none existent problems at our end. I have been put through the very same mangle five times since last Thursday. Their conclusion always that their end was working fine and despite my not having changed anything foor years, it must be my end. I have around 5 routers all set up to swap in, there are 12 computers, laptops, phones etc. which I can swap in to eliminate those as being the problem.

All show the same issues, so the conclusion has to be that my end is fine.

SWMBO is on the phone to TT at the moment, to ask for a MAC - and there was a messgae asking if we were ring about the fault and announcing the fault was now repaired. I have heard that one numerous times before, this time I don't quite believe it.

Things are working, but for how long?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 19:14   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

When she eventually got through, they said that our problem was due to a fibre cable breakdown in London, which is now fixed. Now would that fault in London cause use such massive problems 200 miles north of London.

Still talking to them and trying to get the MAC - they are falling over themselves trying to keep us, £5 discount on the monthly bill, a promise to fix the issue or we will be gone anyway. They say the London problem is NOT yet fixed!

I also now have a number to bypass India and get through direct to TT in the UK to complain.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 27th February 2014, 19:51   #13
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
the worst company i have had to deal with in my life. i would rather stick needles in my eyes than ring them.
Couldn't agree more.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 22:24   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Talk Talk have never been renowned for their customer service, personally I would move to a better ISP. Plusnet are my favourite for home lines and I've been with them for around 12 years now. Most importantly their customer service people are based in the UK which makes understanding them that much easier!
I'm looking at the 10Gb's of download a month, I've never had any limit before - how limiting might that be? I don't do film downloads, just browsing, emails and a bit of FTP with a few software updates. Can you check how much you have used? If you use it all up, can you get more - how does it work???

Is there some personal webspace included?

How many email addresses?

Old 28th February 2014, 15:53   #15
persuer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
If you use it all up, can you get more
Usually company's write to you if you are close but they do not stop you when you reach your limit they just charge you an extortionate rate per Gig you go over.

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
persuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 18:05   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Its getting much worse now, spreading to all web sites, all web sevices.

Emails are stacking up in my Outlook outbox, there are times when I cannot get to any site at all. It is also showing up in poor or failures of ping times too, times when it completely unable to get a ping response from anything outside of my LAN.

Old 28th February 2014, 18:18   #17
persuer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI

Why don't you switch to an unlimited tariff or supplier?.

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
persuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 19:24   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by persuer View Post
Why don't you switch to an unlimited tariff or supplier?.
We are on unlimited at the moment with TT, the limit seems to be having the patience to keep on struggling to load the sites.

All I get from TT in reply too numerous complaints, is that their part is fine, must be my end at fault - I have pings around my own LAN of <1mS.

TT have offered us a reduction to stay and asked for a stay of us leaving fro a few more days, when we asked for the MAC. Plusnet are ringing us on Thursday for our decision, so Wednesday is decision day and at least for the initial 12 months it will be quite lot cheaper than TT.

Old 28th February 2014, 19:44   #19
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

i spent hours talking to these people after our router snuffed it.found a old one and the internet worked despite being told otherwise.they said they would send a new one free.waited and waited after two weeks rung them again.to be told the router had been sent back to them.what?when was you going to tell us that?we have been waiting etc.right you can have another but it will cost you £44.95.hang on you said it was free the only way i colud get it foc was to extend our contract which i did.so after alll this we get this.do you want our tv service with the new router.erm no we have sky.they kept on and on about the tv until in the end i swore at them.i suspect they get commision for getting you to have it etc.after waiting another week the man in the van turns up to install guess what?the tv service i did not want and will not work on my house anyway as we do not even have a aerail.as i told them at the start.turns out if he did not fit the router and the tv he would not get paid.so he fitted it all.only for us as soon as he had gone to remove it.the router?packed up after two weeks now only works if conected by a lead.absolute idiots lead by morons who i hasten to add would not urinate on if on fire.
Old 28th February 2014, 23:41   #20
Snagger
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT CLUB SE 02

Harry to test for your best local DNS servers run this :-

https://code.google.com/p/namebench/ select according to os system on left

Had problems very similar to yours, even after changing modems, computer etc

Discovered these,:-

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=1652

The rolls royce of microfilters apparently.

Complete transformation.

Have you tried to a router hard reset power down for 30 seconds, and back on, or a DNS cache flush ?

I'm with talk talk but rural location, so the contention ratio for here is relatively small, and have good service from them.I discovered that using the talktalk community yeilds greater results than phone calls.

When I lived in Yorkshire plusnet were the only people I would use and would gladly recommend them to anyone, sadly we are in a market one zone down here, only talktalk on the LLU, or BT, who sadly priced themselves out of the equation.

Hope you get sorted.

Snagger.

How to remove CDT alternator from top & side :-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=199608

Battery charge light problems on a diesel ?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...3&postcount=64

Diesel charging FBH voltage supply diagram

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ght=cdt+charge

How to identify voltage regulator type diesel

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...56&postcount=3

Last edited by Snagger; 28th February 2014 at 23:47..
Snagger is offline   Reply With Quote