Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th September 2009, 20:38   #31
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

I now own this car having bought it cheap on E Bay, I now know why it was for sale having found this thread whilst searching for common faults.
So far I have refitted the fuel pump and pipe work correctly in the tank and secured the lock ring correctly as the under seat sound deadening was soaked in diesel, good job I didn't fill it fully when i bought it.
It broke down on me 3 times in the first 2 days of owning it but think it was the cam sensor as it would not start when hot although both pumps were working , ive just fitted a new sensor today.
The main job I now need to do is repair the drivers window which drops by it self and the motor does not operate, as soon as I have some spare time im going to strip out the door and remove the mechanism to see if I can repair it .Its not actually in bad nick apart from not having been serviced for a few years by the look of the filters etc hopefully it will be a reasonable car once ive sorted the main issues.
Paul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T View Post
Could be worth taking to a dealer to put on the T4 diagnostic machine.
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 23:21   #32
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Don't get me started.......

Currently......

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=42758

And previously.......

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=27509

Trouble is....... I WANT HER BACK

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 16:07   #33
fontaine
Banned

none at moment

Default rubbish car

bought 75 on thursday took it one mile yesterday big oil leak and losing water and rough idle
the seller gave me 6 months warranty, its going back tommorrow and my money back
rubbish cars
glad i havent sold the picasso yet as i am going back to it its NEVER let me down
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 16:18   #34
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
bought 75 on thursday took it one mile yesterday big oil leak and losing water and rough idle
the seller gave me 6 months warranty, its going back tommorrow and my money back
rubbish cars
glad i havent sold the picasso yet as i am going back to it its NEVER let me down

The cars are far from rubbish...the problems so often are the previous owners who fail to realise that these are NOT cheap cars to look after and ignorant garages who know nothing about the marque and even less about how to look after them. Consequently problems arise....nevertheless, in your case, get shot of it and get your money back!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote