Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th December 2011, 22:17   #21
baughurst
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T, MGB, OH's MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNW View Post
Apparently not, went to the C.A.B and was told all the tenant needed to do was give one month's notice, even in the middle of the tenancy agreement. The tenancy agreement, had to clearly state that the tenant could not break the agreement - and if she or he did, then they would be liable for the rent until the end of the agreement. The tenancy agreement did not contain this clause, unfortunately.

We had researched (on the Net) and found that if no clause was in the agreement as mentioned above [and it wasn't, as stated], then the tenant had to see the agreement out, or pay the rent until the end of the agreement.

Live and learn, eh. Just makes you wonder if these tenancy agreements are worth the paper they are printed on.

Well, we still have our lovely 75 -all cleaned inside and out and looking so very good!!

Who prepared the tenancy agreement for you? That would be my first question. I get mine done by a solicitor, costs a little but well worth it in situations like this.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:22   #22
DavidNW
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club 1.8, 2001, royal blue, owned by im up norf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
That makes no sense. If you have an agreement in writing, then it must be legally enforceable, or no one could make any such agreements about anything could they???
Totally agree, but I think these agreements are open to interpretation.
DavidNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 10:27   #23
DavidNW
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouseeric View Post
Just a view from the tenants side of this debate. My son is living in rental property and had signed up to rent a property for 12 months. Deposits paid etc but after four months' and one month before the birth of his daughter, his landlord gave them one month's notice to quit the house as he was selling up. This is legal under the terms of the contract according to cab and happens all the time apparently.

Eric
That's a shame and we would never do that. Would have thought your son would have been entitled to 2 month's notice regardless.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:32   #24
DavidNW
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by baughurst View Post
Who prepared the tenancy agreement for you? That would be my first question. I get mine done by a solicitor, costs a little but well worth it in situations like this.
Tenancy agreement was from Oyez stationery online - guess it was just a bog standard agreement.