Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th November 2007, 14:04   #1
basham
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Has any one got a timing belt locking kit to hire

I have just bought a Rover 75 V6 2.0 litre Automatic Connoisseur W reg. It has done 71,000 and been serviced regular at a local garage ,but the timing belts need doing as its over the time period, There is no way i am paying the outrageous price garages have quoted, nearly as much as i bought the car for ( I can see why some people risk not having them done) I am an X mechanic and think i can do the job myself IF i can loan the locking kit
I am more than happy to hand over a large holding fee to any one who has a kit they would loan me. So if any member out there has a kit could they get in touch. Or if there is an X Rover mechanic who would do the job on the side i am more than happy to pay a reasonable price for the job to be done. I can buy the full genuine Rover Timing Belt Kit inc Tensioner from Rimmers for £135 all in. I live in Doncaster and my telephone number is*********ask for Tony

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 13th November 2007 at 15:48.. Reason: Phone number Removed for security
basham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 15:45   #2
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi basham,

Welcome to the club, Lates a member on here does a hell of a lot of members servicing and repairs including belts at very reasonable prices, whether he would be prepared to loan out his kit, don't know, he is based near Rugby, you can contact him either by PM or e-mail ([email protected])

You might want to remove your phone number this is an open forum, wouldn't want you getting dodgy calls on your first visit.

HTH
Old 13th November 2007, 22:14   #3
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

If you bought the car that cheaply why bother?
I am seriously thinking of buying a V6 auto for work use as they cover the fuel costs etc and not really worry how long the belts do last.

Chances are they will outlast the mileage I will ever do over the next two or three years

I know of a few cars with 130k plus on the original belts

In another year or so the older cars will from a selling point of view be worth so little I doubt the average owner (not us enthusiasts obviously) will go to the expense of changing the belts
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote