Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th September 2012, 10:33   #1
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Default Doncaster Area Repairers

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me? Since Andy gave up the garage and started working for somebody else he is no doubt snowed under with work, I have been trying to contact him to see if he could help me out, but he has so far been too busy and I have several jobs that I need doing and I don't know if he will be able to do any of these, some or none at this time, so I'm wondering if anybody else is available?

My problem is that I'm partially disabled and I need the car to get about, I also need it has my partner suffers from Crohn's disease and needs regular visits to the hospital in Sheffield, my mother is also severely disabled following stomach cancer and I need to ferry her around as well, so not having a car is a little more that inconvenient.

Last week I couldn't get my car into gear, knowing that the clutch is near the end of it's life, I imagine this is the reason and the clutch needs replacing. The starter motor is also in trouble, it's clicking and not turning over until after twenty attempts or so. The MOT is also due on the 23rd of this month.

I was wondering if there is anybody else in the Doncaster area who people use and can recommend that are experts in repairing Rovers at a reasonable fee?

Mine is a Rover 75 Diesel. If anybody can make any suggestions (Clean ones only please I already know where to go and I tried the suggestions and my Doctor says it is unwise) I would be extremely grateful.

All the best
Gerald http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...lies/shrug.gif
ged116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 11:28   #2
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Send a PM to Andy Willi, I believe he's in Doncaster and will definitely be able to sort your problems!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 11:35   #3
ged116
Regular poster

75 saloon

Default Andy Willi

Hi, It's Andy Willi who I meant when I said he was snowed under and I was wondering if anybody knew of anyone else.
Regards
Gerald
ged116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 07:05   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged116 View Post
Hi, It's Andy Willi who I meant when I said he was snowed under and I was wondering if anybody knew of anyone else.
Regards
Gerald
Johnwh74 used to work for Andy, I believe he still does some weekend work doing repairs,he is also a club member,try a pm or see if Amdy has a contact number.
Old 14th September 2012, 07:50   #5
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

There's always Ridgways Garage in Rotherham, it's worth the trip over.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote