Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2016, 11:51   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Cost of Brexit so far

Hi
Wonder how much it's cost the country so far. I've been looking at the housing market and since brexit there has been a real slowdown in properties coming up in our price range, in both areas we were looking. Luckily we have just arranged to buy one, I keep looking out of interest. Was tempted to hang fire for 6 - 12 months and wait for prices to come down more, sensibly we decided to get on with it.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:23   #2
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Brexit is doing just fine Micheal, believe me when I say it is the best thing we have done in years. It will be a bumpy ride at first but will smooth out the further we travel along that unknown road. Do not take any notice of the pessimistic, spineless few We are British and we will get our identity back

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:55   #3
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

One of the young engineers at work commented this week that the majority of the people he knew who were complaining that older people had voted them out of Europe and their lives would suffer the most had now moved on to Pokemon Go.
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:22   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

That's the exuberance of hormonal youth. Once the growing pains subside they see the world in a different light, one not run by un-social media or
two-facebook.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:04   #5
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

In the 1975 referendum I voted to stay, but had I a crystal ball to look into to see how meddling the Common Market would be as the EU, my vote would have been as it was in June, LEAVE.

As for house prices etc., they will settle down. We have weathered greater storms such as the Banking crisis in 2008.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:09   #6
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Just turn it all back to EFTA (European Free Trade Area for those who have forgotten or never knew) and we will all be happy.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:51   #7
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Not a bad thing if Brexit has helped cool the ridiculously high price of housing in the UK.Hopefully when things stablilize,houses will become more affordable to first time buyers and more sensible prices will mean a more realistic housing market in all price ranges.The unsustainable levels of migration pre Brexit have much to answer for regarding demand for housing and prices.Yes Brexit is a very good thing.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:58   #8
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Not a bad thing if Brexit has helped cool the ridiculously high price of housing in the UK.Hopefully when things stablilize,houses will become more affordable to first time buyers and more sensible prices will mean a more realistic housing market in all price ranges.The unsustainable levels of migration pre Brexit have much to answer for regarding demand for housing and prices.Yes Brexit is a very good thing.
Agreed 100%. Sick of hearing about what will happen to the housing market, far more fish to fry than lining pockets of greedy estate agents and lawyers.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:16   #9
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

House prices seem quite flat around here although they have been for some time. Just looking locally i think they don't seem to have been affected one way or the other.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:42   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Really the point is house prices have been galloping ahead of general inflation for years, especially in city centres (where most people want to live). A period of levelling off won't do any harm at all and with moderate new building the market will be more attainable to more people.

There does seem to be an expectation of buying a house straight off more or less as some sort of right, rather than build a career and use the advancement to fund whatever you want. It seems a bit unrealistic to expect to buy a house on the strength of two incomes and then start a family so one has to stop work, creating a serious financial problem for a very young family. Hardly prudent.