Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2019, 12:02   #1
joel antonio
Avid contributor

2003 Rover 75 Tourer Club 2.5 auto, 2000 Rover 75 Club 2.5 manual, 2002 Connoisseur SE 2.5 Auto

Unhappy Are Parking Aid Module ECU YWC105180 plug & play?

Hi:

I´m having a hard time trying to "stabilize" my rear parking sensors. From no reason, the long beep starts and suddenly they are back in business. The only behavior patters are that the long beep happens the first thing in the morning when I'm driving from the garage on reverse (that BEEP makes me crazy). Then I left the car all day long in the parking lot and when I came back in the afternoon from work, it´s working fine all the way home. Same thing every morning. I went to the workshop and them clearout error codes from the 4 sensors, but the problem still. I did check continuity from sensors to loom connector, from connector to ECU and finally E2E cables, that was okay. All the sensors clicking apparently okay. Can be the ECU the problem? Are those can be replaced without the need to be resync with T4.

Kind regards
Joel Antonio.

My three amigos...!!!
joel antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 13:18   #2
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel antonio View Post
Hi:

I´m having a hard time trying to "stabilize" my rear parking sensors. From no reason, the long beep starts and suddenly they are back in business. The only behavior patters are that the long beep happens the first thing in the morning when I'm driving from the garage on reverse (that BEEP makes me crazy). Then I left the car all day long in the parking lot and when I came back in the afternoon from work, it´s working fine all the way home. Same thing every morning. I went to the workshop and them clearout error codes from the 4 sensors, but the problem still. I did check continuity from sensors to loom connector, from connector to ECU and finally E2E cables, that was okay. All the sensors clicking apparently okay. Can be the ECU the problem? Are those can be replaced without the need to be resync with T4.

Kind regards
Joel Antonio.
Parking sensor ECUs are plug and play, no T4 required
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:16   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

i have been told the ecu's come in two colours, black and white and are not interchangeable.

i seem to have a similar problem but changing the ecu has not made a difference but the ecu was untested. th sensors the last time i reversed had stated to work properly.

only two things i can think of is, poor connection on a plug at ecu or under rear bumper or a sensor gets stuck as if it has detected something very close by

Joel, please can you keep me updated by pm on how you get on?

Thank you and good luck

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:36   #4
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Black parking ECU's are for early cars with a sounder at the rear of the car - white ECU's are for later cars with a sounder in the IPK.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:40   #5
Yorkshire GOC

When my sensors played up in a similar fashion it was the connection between the sensor loom and the ECU - shorted wire/connection due to water ingress in the connector.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Old 3rd August 2019, 14:32   #6
joel antonio
Avid contributor

2003 Rover 75 Tourer Club 2.5 auto, 2000 Rover 75 Club 2.5 manual, 2002 Connoisseur SE 2.5 Auto

Hi mates:

For sure my ECU is black because I unplug the connector to test all the loom. About shorted cable and/or connector, When I tested one by one none of them gave me open reading and I dismantle the rear bumper to get both looms out of the car to my working table. So, in my opinion, cables looms are not the problem.

By the other hand, it may be one of the sensors working intermittently?

One thing that I did check is when the long beep starts all the sensors were making the clicking sound.

So I´m planning to make a new T4 check to see if something else comes up.

Kind regards
Joel Antonio

My three amigos...!!!
joel antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 16:23   #7
Yorkshire GOC

If the parking sensors are clicking they are OK - i suspect it will be something amiss in the connection box between the sensor loom and the ECU. If all OK then it may be a faulty sounder (Rimmers sell them for cars with black ECU's - i think) - but would have thought with a faulty sounder you would have total silence and no bleeps.

Old 3rd August 2019, 16:27   #8
Yorkshire GOC

There you go a black ECU Sounder

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001663