Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2009, 15:19   #1
kully
Loves to post

75 MkI 1.8T Saloon

Default OT:Fiat Seicento Sporting **SOLD**

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD (sold)

The "new" Rover 75 has said "rollover" and there is no longer enough room in the bed for the Seicento. My wife gets my Seat Ibiza.

--------------------------------
--- Fiat Seicento Sporting 1.1 ---
--------------------------------

1998 S-Reg, full service history (mix of main dealer and independent) with last service in September 2008, MOT 'til 29/09/09 and Taxed 'til 31/05/09.

I don't have dates for everything with me but here:

- New CV joint boots near and off side (Spring 2008)
- New handbrake cable (September 2008)
- New tyres back (January/February 2008).
- All wheels aligned and balanced (October 2008)
- Camshaft cover gasket was replaced during the service in Oct '08.

One owner from new before my wife (it shows as two, but it is the same lady who moved house - she filled in the wrong section of the V5). Lowest insurance group.

Runs perfectly, starts first time even from cold (-7C this week). No loss of coolant or oil. Brakes are fine, drums were cleaned out when the handbrake cable was changed and front discs were nearly new when we bought it.

Body work and chassis not rusting. There are bumps, chips and scrapes all around the car - this is not for a museum :lol: , but it scrubs up well, have a look at the photos below and right at the bottom there is a link to download a zip of all the photos in full resolution.

You get luxuries such as electric windows, sunroof, central locking, boot release from the driver seat... CD player/radio (see issue below) leather steering wheel and gear-knob (nice patina on these :lol: ).

Things which are not so good, these would not cause a problem driving or cause a problem with the MOT:

- Trip meter reset button is not working, records mileage but you cannot reset to zero. The total mileage odometer works fine.
- CD/Radio 'off' button not working - you switch off by pressing the 'eject' button.
- Front nearside foglight not working - this is not needed for MOT or driving main headlights are aligned and working fine. It's a 10 minute job to replace if you really want to, two screws and one cable to disconnect / connect. A new replacement kit is ~£39 including P&P on eBay (search for 'seicento fog light').
- One line of the rear screen heater element is not working. Not a problem as the other elements clear the condensation for the non-functional in a few minutes.
- The steering wheel is offset a few degrees to the left when driving in a straight line... odd but fine.

Price is £500 and it comes with a Haynes manual for the Fiat Cinquecento (which shares the engine and some other parts, anything else is easy to work out). Also comes with a yellow Autolok 2000 which you can see in the photos and a yellow ice-scraper which you can't see. The locking alloys have their undoing bits in the original box and the sunroof blind is also present. Oh yes, the air freshener, that's yours too. Spare wheel is there too.

Now for some pics, I'm writing this in a hurry so please ask if you have any questions.

Corner pics

Side pics

Some closeups

You can see the knackered fog light on the right in this image, it's gone bad from water ingress.

Sunroof, you should be able to see a little patch of surface rust on the black of the sunroof edge, this can be sanded down and painted - it's the size of a 5p piece. The little bump you see at the edge is the two ends of the strip of rubber that goes around the edge of the glass meeting - not abnormal.

And the engine:

And finally the interior shots:

You can download full-resolution images from this link (RAR, 9.2MB!): Click me to download

Last edited by kully; 9th January 2009 at 11:36..
Closed Thread