Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2009, 12:10   #1
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Default Clay kit Virgin

I've always been a huge fan of Autoglym products, and have also tried many other highly rated products as used by others. After buying Roxy Rover, my long term love affair with the valeting side of car ownership has returned (after many years as a Biker with just a city car as a runaround).

I read this section with great interest and came away from Halfrauds with a boot full of goodies... the boldest for me being my first ever clay kit (Meguiars), and a feeling that my car would end up with chunks of paint missing

The following photos don't particularly do her justice, but Roxy looks lovely again thanks to the clay kit and Autoglym top gloss, despite the fact that the poor girl is parked every day in a public car park where she get's regular trolley dinks and knocks....

I'm now a convert to Microfibre cloths as well thanks to the info on here....

Oh, and the two bucket method of washing, and pure Lambswool mitts, and an Autoglym synthetic chamois.......
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 12:17   #2
Ray squires
Posted a thing or two

MGZT 180 sport, MG6 1.8 turbo

Very nice!!!! Was the clay easy to use as i`m thinking of using some myself?
Ray squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 12:50   #3
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray squires View Post
Very nice!!!! Was the clay easy to use as i`m thinking of using some myself?

Hi Ray, and thank you.

A piece of cake to use, despite my apprehensions. There are many kits to choose from, and the Meguiars one came with a little plastic box containing two individual bars of clay, along with a lovely microfibre cloth, a little tub of their well known polish and the detailing spray.

Just need the clay in the palm of your hands and work on one small area at a time, ensuring that it is lubricated by the detailing spray. Once the clay starts to leave minor residues, just clean with the microfibre cloth. It's time consuming but REALLY rewarding.

My highly polished paintwork still yielded enough contaminants to soil the cloth, and the end product was a glass like finish. Everyone who sees Roxy asks how I get the paintwork like that, even the UPS man yesterday ha ha :lol:
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 9th July 2009, 13:10   #4
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

That's looking well mind I think I'll have to try this clay stuff very shortly indeed

Regards Colin
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 13:27   #5
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Looks a nice job

The darker colours always seem to get a nice shine on them that show up well on photo's.

Note that the cheapest way to get more Meguire's detailing fluid is to buy the 1 Gallon (US), (3.78 litre) containers at approx £9.99 and refill the spray bottle as needed

Which polish came in the kit? I'm using thier Mirror glaze wax at the moment which seems to give good results.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 15:08   #6
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Looks a nice job

The darker colours always seem to get a nice shine on them that show up well on photo's.

Note that the cheapest way to get more Meguire's detailing fluid is to buy the 1 Gallon (US), (3.78 litre) containers at approx £9.99 and refill the spray bottle as needed

Which polish came in the kit? I'm using thier Mirror glaze wax at the moment which seems to give good results.

Russ

A dinky little 118ml bottle of Meguiar's CLEANER WAX came with the kit, and performed very nicely.

I have to admit though that I am very much an Autoglym man and love their ULTRA DEEP GLOSS POLISH for dark colours (has a slightly Apple smell to it) and then a coating of TOP GLOSS

Last edited by ALPACA; 9th July 2009 at 15:34..
Old 9th July 2009, 16:06   #7
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

I have to day that looks stunning. I'll have to go out and give mine the once over I think.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 16:38   #8
Sponge
Avid contributor

Jaguar S-type 2.5 V6 SE (sorry)

WOW, looks like new.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:14   #9
Ray squires
Posted a thing or two

MGZT 180 sport, MG6 1.8 turbo

I must admit i`ve often thought of trying clay but never gotten around to it.As for polish i have always had classic cars and i swear by Carnauba Wax.Always get a great result and its so hard wearing for the winter.
Has anyone else used Carnauba?

Ray
Ray squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 18:57   #10
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray squires View Post
I must admit i`ve often thought of trying clay but never gotten around to it.As for polish i have always had classic cars and i swear by Carnauba Wax.Always get a great result and its so hard wearing for the winter.
Has anyone else used Carnauba?

Ray

Oh my goodness Ray, you have triggered some memories for me there. The last time I used real Carnauba wax was back when I was the very proud owner of a mint Austin 1300GT in two tone yellow and black with alloy wheels that I bought from a family friend in Bexhill on sea.....

I used to slather her in Carnauba wax. Happy days