Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2011, 22:24   #1
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Space Saver Spare

I know these are not really popular, but I never like to throw anything away if I think someone can get the use of it...

I have a space saver spare available if anyone wants it - looks like new / very little use.

I can *possibly* send it via works courier account which could be very cheap postage wise, but don't hold me to it - collection is probably easier.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 22:41   #2
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

I also have a space saver going-free to anyone who wants to collect it,or ive had aword with chris(mofo) about his wheel and we are willing to bring them to the hartlepool meet if that helps anyone,like he says its ashame to chuck them.(forgot to say me & chris live very close to each other so if anybody wants to collect them both it could be arranged)just like to say my wheel is 16'' i never knew there was a difference between the 75 & the zt wheel. cheers

Last edited by BIG LEK; 6th April 2011 at 15:42..
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 23:03   #3
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
I also have a space saver going-free to anyone who wants to collect it,or ive had aword with chris(mofo) about his wheel and we are willing to bring them to the hartlepool meet if that helps anyone,like he says its ashame to chuck them.
Maybe we could find another 2 space savers, a few spares, a badge or two, and make our own Rover go kart.....

Kidding aside, Mr Big is correct, we'd rather find a home for them so if you want to call in on the meet and pick one up - feel free
Old 6th April 2011, 09:36   #4
Wal

MG ZT 190

Sent you a pm mate
Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 09:52   #5
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal View Post
Sent you a pm mate
Replied
Old 6th April 2011, 10:28   #6
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Whilst not wishing to hi-jack this thread, I also have a unused space saver. If anyone wants it I can take it to any of the London & South area meets. Hate to throw it away.

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 14:31   #7
Wal

MG ZT 190

Got your PM mate, you say it's a 15" space saver, I was under the impression the one I need for the MG ZT is 16" ? Obviously the tyre profile on the 16" space saver makes up for the difference in size up to the 18" MG alloys, would this 15" one be ok?

Thanks guys!
Old 6th April 2011, 15:21   #8
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Quote:
Got your PM mate, you say it's a 15" space saver, I was under the impression the one I need for the MG ZT is 16" ? Obviously the tyre profile on the 16" space saver makes up for the difference in size up to the 18" MG alloys, would this 15" one be ok?

Thanks guys!
Your right the one i have is from my zt it's 16''but the smaller one still has the same stud pattern should still fit,bearing in mind if i remember rightly your not supposed to use a space saver on the front,so i would of thought either would clear the rear disc's
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:25   #9
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:

Thanks guys!
All ZT's / 75's have the same overall size tyre - a bigger wheel has a lower profile tyre and vice versa.

The only problem being that the ZT 190's front brakes are 13 inches diamater, which means they wont sit under anything under 18" (or 17" in some cases) wheels.

To "solve" this, MGR advice if you get a puncture at the front, you put a rear wheel at the front, and then replace the rear with the space-saver.

The rest of the range (anything thats not a 190 or a V8) have slightly smaller (11 inch) brakes at the front so it's not a problem.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:35   #10
Wal

MG ZT 190

Thanks very much for clearing this up guys, great info!

Just need to work out where to get a jack from now as that's missing from the boot as well