Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th November 2016, 09:27   #61
frankson
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon auto KV6

Default Credit

Wow! All these lovely cars are a credit to their owners
frankson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 11:20   #62
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Visited the show yesterday in the company of Robert, aka Frank Incensed, and spent a very pleasant couple of hours on our stand chatting with our team.

Really nice to finally meet Pete and Paul aka Sonic ZS.

The cars on our stand really do us proud:-

Hope all goes well with the rest of the weekend guys .

I shot in excess of 2 hours of video around the halls so it's going to take me some to put something together, though I'll be starting the edit of our stands video later today.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 20:52   #63
Mattblack78
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon MK II

Well done to the team for a very impressive stand and display of cars. My compliments goes to the owner of the pearlesant blue Rover 75. It has to be the most impressive example of a Rover 75 I have seen to date.
It is great to see that enthusiasm is growing for our cars very quickly and the stand helped convey that.
Had an nice chat with Paul and I would have liked to have stayed longer but I only had the one day to get round it all. I never did do it in the end.
Mattblack78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 16:41   #64
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Nice to meet a few new faces, the stand looked well and the cars looked amazing, some longer established stands could learn a few things!
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 21:50   #65
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

What a few days it has been!

We had a huge number of people come and visit the stand, registering and subscribing, buying calendars, mugs and window stickers, and generally oohing and aahing over the three wonderful cars on display. It's heartening to see so much genuine goodwill towards the 75 and ZT, and how many saying they are looking for or just bought one too.

It was also great to meet so many current club members too, taking the time to pop along and introduce themselves and just have a good old natter. Everyone worked tirelessly over the three days, answering questions, giving advice and showing everyone that the 75 and ZT models are well worth owning.

Talking of which, I must pay tribute to all those involved, from Christopher to Jules & Isobel, Paul (SonicZS), Stuart (Fusilier) and Dave (Duotone), to Phil (Parker) for providing two screens that caused much envy from other stands, Andrew (Dragrad) and a frankly huge thanks too to Paul (Reebs) for his as-ever excellent stewardship of the event.

Can't wait for next year now!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 21:55   #66
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default Nec

Just got back in after a 3 1/2 hr drive back from the NEC. Had a great time on the club stand, and think that we really impressed as all the cars on the stand got some great comments from numerous people who visited, and the members who attend, were a great bunch of people.

But I must thank the green team for organising this event and also to the other members who manned the stand for the 3 days, a great bunch of people

I will try and get the photo's posted up tomorrow which I took

So once again thanks, and good night from me, as well and truly tired

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155

Last edited by Fusilier; 13th November 2016 at 22:03..
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 23:06   #67
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Fantastic day at the Classic Car Show NEC

Had a fantastic day at the NEC enjoying all the various cars and stands at the Classic Car Show. First time for myself and my girlfriend and we enjoyed it

Also was lucky enough to enjoy a ride out in a TVR Tuscan Speed Six Didn't think I'd be doing that today, what a car!

Great to see our own stand was looking spot on Here's some pics I took of 3 of our cars on display.

Was a pleasure meeting and chatting members in person today If any of you want the full size pics of your cars let me know and I'll ping them across to you
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 23:10   #68
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Great pics Rick, looks like you had a good time

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 06:01   #69
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I can only add that I am immensely proud of the team of troops that worked tirelessly over the weekend to make our stand the place to be

To Sonic ZS who drove up from Plymouth very early on Thursday morning and seemed to have an endless supply of tea from his magic flask, to Fusilier who too set his alarm for 4am to make it to Birmingham by 9am and who had boundless enthusiasm and stamina to meet and greet everyone who spotted his tourer, to Jules and Isobel for the attention to detail they both gave when helping folk and being my get out of jail free card when being stumped for a technical question I couldn't answer to the two Club Directors Christopher and Pete for being on hand so much this year which has made all the difference to me, and most importantly to you the members who came to see us in our little tucked away Pavilion Hall and helped to show to others just what a friendly and supportive community we have become.

James Taylor the respected automotive author came to visit our stand and was impressed with the first tourer we had on display, and it was great to hear that he's just completed work on another publication, this time the Rover SD1.

I've yet to tot up the final numbers, but I believe we've signed up a record number of new club members this year all of whom are delighted to find that there is a club they didn't know existed for our cars. Believe me our community is growing day by day. And the award for coming the furthest must go to member mccano real name Luciano who drove all the way from Molare Italy with his friend who is new to 75s.

So it's a big thank you from me to all, and fingers crossed we are invited back for next year as this show above all others really helps to spread the word that if you are an owner of these fine cars, there really is a place on-line where you can come for all the help, support and guidance you need to keep your car running for years.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 07:01   #70
YorksMG2013
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE & MG ZT 260

Default NEC - a success for this club

Hello fellow members

Just wanted to echo what has been said above about the club stand.

I was there 'on duty' with another car club I am a member of (Maestro & Montego Owners Club) but was determined to seek the 75s and ZTs out, and am glad I did. All three cars were a credit to their owners and the club, and I had a good chat with Dave (Duotone).

I Hope to be at a few more 75 & ZT events next year if time allows.

Well done all!

Andrew
Now joined by the Blue Beast - MG ZT 260 #57 in Trophy Blue
YorksMG2013 is offline   Reply With Quote