Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2018, 22:21   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default converting a driver's height adjustable seat to a passenger side one

I read on the forum that this has been done before, and some members used to do it at the nano meets?

I have successfully converted a driver's electric memory seat to a passenger side one, the only part I'm missing is the height adjustment electric seat switches pack for the passenger seat. Trying to source one at the moment. Have had a look at the standard passenger seat switch and the driver's seat switch and there's no way of converting the driver's side switch to work on the passenger side from what I can tell.

How did others who have done this go about sorting the switch? Did you source a LHD driver's seat switch or were you able to modify the RHD driver's seat switch to work on the passenger side?

Cheers,
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:30   #2
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I to am interested in this!
Every passenger I carry moans like eff about how low the seat is!
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:34   #3
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
I read on the forum that this has been done before, and some members used to do it at the nano meets?

I have successfully converted a driver's electric memory seat to a passenger side one, the only part I'm missing is the height adjustment electric seat switches pack for the passenger seat. Trying to source one at the moment. Have had a look at the standard passenger seat switch and the driver's seat switch and there's no way of converting the driver's side switch to work on the passenger side from what I can tell.

How did others who have done this go about sorting the switch? Did you source a LHD driver's seat switch or were you able to modify the RHD driver's seat switch to work on the passenger side?

Cheers,
Rick
Have sent PM , re Jim Jamieson
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 03:20   #4
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

I did this a while ago & the seat switch is the awkward bit. It took me ages to find a second hand one.

Rimmer's did have them but they weren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

You can fit the original switch but everything works the wrong way round, down is up etc. Also the tilt switch catches on the pillar trim making it fun, but it does get it working until you find the right switch.

Not to my knowledge been done at a Nano. I did do some wiring mods to mine at one but the whole job hasn't been done there as far as I know.

It's a time consuming job rather than extremely difficult. You do need donner seats mind.

One for sale on eBay at the minute though.

Regards

Paul
Old 24th August 2018, 03:27   #5
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:

Cheers,
Rick
I sourced a LHD switch eventually as I couldn't find a way to convert the normal switch. That's not to say it can't be done, just that I couldn't find a way to do it.

Regards

Paul
Old 24th August 2018, 09:16   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:

Cheers,

Rick

I gave my last passenger height adjustable switch to Brian when he did his conversion.

I’ll be trawling the Dutch scrapyards next year in search of some lhd goodies.
Old 24th August 2018, 09:49   #7
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yes you do require the correct LH switch to complete the conversion.

Rick you have a PM
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 11:47   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

thanks for the help all much appreciated I have sorted out a LHD switch now thank you.
Old 24th August 2018, 18:02   #9
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Seems a lot of effort to save a few seconds of manual adjustment.

Sounds like you are doing it for the sense of achievement rather than simply to satisfy the giants and little people who ride shotgun
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 18:10   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Seems a lot of effort to save a few seconds of manual adjustment.

Sounds like you are doing it for the sense of achievement rather than simply to satisfy the giants and little people who ride shotgun
yeah I've got 2 sets of spare electric front seats at the moment, had a good look at the difference between the two frames (i.e driver's electric seat vs passenger electric seat) and saw that it looked doable + marinabrian had done it before (think he was the first to ever do it) so thought I'd give it a go. Just another little option ticked off on my 190 SE

Didn't need it but just thought why not