View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 18:12   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Have you any means of testing the alternator output Rick as it sounds as if that may be the problem... Not that I'm an expert...
Cheers Ian
Didn't have any way of testing the alternator unfortunately and didn't have the time as he had to head back home. Advised him to get his alternator checked anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Had it before rick....
It is ampage from the alternator....
Especially common on cars with the 2 pin original alt...
Cheers Pete, thought it could be alternator related, it's a mkii facelift model.

Quote:
hi rick,

i think we have the same issue with your cutomer on my quad xenons. it just flickers all the time, i need to see you once you found a way to correct it.
Hi Andrew,

Are the quad xenons the same as the ones I do, did you get them from Pete (Klarzy) ? I'll post on here what the cause is once we find it

Quote:
Have you checked the obvious things like resistance to earth and voltage being supplied to headlights (not at battery) when it happens?

Sounds like a poor earth to me - I had lots of problems with corroded wiring on my ZT. It all looked ok but when you cut it back half the wiring had turned black.
Wasn't able to check anything like that unfortunately, wiring and earths looked fine but didn't cut into the wires to check them.

Quote:
Rick have you also checked the wiring chaffing on the chassis driver side mainly under the light ? worth a loo maybe Arctic.
Yes checked all the wiring as I thought this may have been causing it but the wiring is all fine with no chaffing

What's had me thinking it's a alternator issue that when the bi-xenons are fitted the factory xenons on both headlights flicker perfectly in time and sync with each other, and that I would have thought could only be caused by an issue with the power going to the headlights. If the headlights had an earthing issue then I wouldn't have thought the flickering would be perfectly in sync with each other since the headlights are earthed individually.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote