View Single Post
Old 15th July 2021, 11:55   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00136 View Post
Thanks for the ideas. Done a battery reset and still the same.
The ipk screen had no lines or missing pixels prior to this. Power must be getting to it as the screen lights up slightly when I press the info button on the stalk but no information is displayed?
Think it's a trip to Nick at Austin Garages.
In this situation when I've come across this before there's 3 causes, 1 if you're lucky is that one of the micro soldered connections on the screen has lost connection, and resoldering cures that and gets the screen working again. 2. the screen has a processing chip which may have failed, a replacement screen sorts the problem. or 3, the instrument cluster is faulty which hopefully it isn't as 260 instrument clusters are difficult to find replacements for.

If Austin Garages have no luck, when I'm back in September after my break pop me a message and if you can get the cluster to me I can test it on the bench and see if I can sort it for you. I can power it up on the bench to see if it has the same problem and run some tests to see if I can sort it for you.

Quote:
In case you need a new IPK screen

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383611892...IAAOSw1NxfK3~n
also available within the club from me a bit cheaper with postage included and quicker delivery as I have them in the UK.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=310755
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote