View Single Post
Old 31st May 2018, 16:11   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Looks fine on the screen yeah mate... thats a confusing one, the one thats getting me is that it wont run even on easy start... that should cause it to fire even without fuel... its why i was asking if the injectors are sealed correctly as i remember cleaning my nozzles i accidently fitted the retaining brackets the wrong way round so the injectors just moved up and down when cranking and it wouldnt start.
Realised swapped them back over and it fired first turn pretty much.
The injectors are down as far as they can go and the clamps are in the right way i have made that mistake before.

The only other thing ive changed is the rocker cover as mine had a split in it. Now to remove the rocker cover you have to unbolt the injector clamp threads, when refitting the replacement cover i've done up the threads as much as they will go with medium power without doing them up too tight as they seem like they could easily snap. The threads have like a rubber ring at the bottom so ive tighed them up to the point where they grip the rubber but not any tighter. Is this how much i should tighten the threads for the clamps, or should they be tightened to the point they squeeze the rubber washers?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote