View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 11:32   #110
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Thank you @hrissim for your enlightening explanations !

I'm 200 % sure that Rick is skilful and efficient. Not the slightest doubt about that.

But spending £65 without any guarantee isn't a valuable option.
And £160 for a new screen looks expensive & would make too big a dent in my present kitty.

But I don't give up. Nevertheless Rick didn't propose a decent second hand IPK.
What kind of price did he offer for that ?
Thank you.
You asked for the option that would last as long as possible. A new screen is the option that will outlast a deline.

The deline repairs are a bit of a gamble, generally if a screen has up to 10 lines it can be repaired to last a long time, however any more than that and then it's a bit of a hit or miss if the repair will last. I've even had badly lined ones where none of the lines would repair at all, I've also had in a couple cases screens with only about 8-12 lines which wouldn't repair.

Generally from doing them over the last year and 4 months I've found that the success rate is around 7 in 10, where some did see lines return after some time but the rest as far as I know have stayed clear so far.

So yes I have delined ones which looked similar to yours in the past, but that doesn't guarantee that I'd be able to deline yours successfully or if the deline would last on yours. It's impossible to tell just from a photo.

You've asked what the best option would be which would last the longest, well my recommendation is due to the number of lines on your screen is to go for a new screen as that's a much safer option for long term results rather than a deline, especially when you're sending an instrument cluster for repair from abroad, as it saves you sending it twice if the deline doesn't last.

My own screen was delined early last year and has lasted fine so far, but mine had less lines than yours.

I very rarely have any second hand screens in, at the moment I don't have any, hence why that hasn't been offered. The second hand screen I did have in stock had lines on it too, just far less lines so stood much stronger changes of delining well.

Quote:
Yes ..really..
When I first found a source for these screens they were 165 before del and import tax. . The fact that rick has found a source and can supply them fitted for 120 is nothing short of a minor miracle...

You need to be less sceptical... 120 is nothing to bring a car up to snuff ... many folks spend 5x that on a damn radio...
Cheers Pete, took me about half of last year to find a decent reliable supplier. I found another one last year but was considerably more expensive and didn't seem very interested in being helpful either.

Quote:
I surcharged for the halos. Can`t wait to fit them
Thanks mate Did the halo's arrive at the address you provided ok in the UK? Tracking shows up as signed for I take it as it is then sent from there to you ?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote