View Single Post
Old 17th January 2020, 11:50   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Often wondered why the fog lamps can't be turned into running lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Good question & enquiry: same from me.
Isn't it too fiddly to fit @Rick-sta?
If offered with an how-to I am in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
You can, just need to unplug the foglights, plug in a DRL wiring kit & off you go Did it years ago along with the indicator drl option, although not as good as Rick's, the technology's moved on

I've offered fog light halo ring DRL upgrades for the last few years.

You could just rewire the fog lights to work as daytime running lights, but that does mean you won't have front fog lights anymore. Problem with just rewiring the front fog lights to work as DRLs is everyone just thinks you're driving around with your fog lights on constantly. The conversion I do gives you halo ring LED DRLs in the fog lights, whilst still having actual functional LED fog lights.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Me too. To meet Scandinavia requirements for DRLs I wired in my fog lamps on my SD1 and never had a problem at testing time but these were H1 bulbs in metal/glass housings. Don't think that Rick's indicator mod, which otherwise looks great, would be bright enough for our testers

Regards
They are more than bright enough for DRLs, just as bright as the angel eyes I use and just as bright as factory DRLs on new cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
How easy to install ?

Pete
Quote:
Good question & enquiry: same from me.
Isn't it too fiddly to fit @Rick-sta?
If offered with an how-to I am in!
The kit is pretty simple to fit. Requires a small bit of wiring. Ideally you need to remove the front bumper to fit the kit on a 75/ZT. Comes with wiring instructions.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 17th January 2020 at 11:53..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote