Thread: Youngest?
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2019, 10:42   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john116 View Post
Just interested - what made you interested in these cars? I thought only old guys (45) like me would be interested!
It started from when my dad had a couple Rover 620's back in the 90's and early 2000's. My dad showed me the photos in the press when the 75 was first released in 1999, and also got me a die cast model of the 75 which I still have today (a long with 3 others of 75's and ZTs). So interest started from there. Then my dad bought his first 75 around 2006 which I found for him, and knew about the ZT's and quite liked them.

I then found my dad his second 75 in 2012 which I actually bought for him, which he still has today. That's when I joined the forum. Just over a year later I bought my ZT.

I had quite liked the ZT's for a long time, but after seeing they were available in the monogram colours I decided a ZT was definitely for me

Never got bored of owning ZT's since, after getting my typhoon resprayed I thought about buying something else as a daily, possibly a 3 series coupe, Jag S type or Audi but found the BMW's and Audi's to be a bit bland and boring on the inside compared to the ZT and I've always thought the 75 and ZT looked better all round than the Jag S or X type. And for the money, I'd always get a far better ZT or 75 everytime. Then saw Bob (flyingbanana) was selling redfive so bought that as my new daily, which will be going on the road once I've sold my 190 SE tourer
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote