View Single Post
Old 26th January 2022, 10:34   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Thanks all for the replies Any insights you have (good or bad) will be appreciated and useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Can't offer any direct help.

But....

I gather there's some really rather unusual folks around that area. They have special code names and meet up quite regularly to partake of food and talk about stuff with other code names such as "T4" and "Plenum Drains"

There are other linked groups around the country with their own codes such as "Nano" and "Breakfast meet"

No one really knows what this is all about but the friendships are very real and absolutely solid.

Seriously mate, hope you find somewhere lovely and good luck with the move.
aha be good to meet up with local members in the area. We don't really have local meets down in Essex anymore, they stopped years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Love Norfolk, it's our second home.
Our boat is on the Northern Broads at Acle and we love it there. Great village and some great friends/neighbours have been made.

Good luck with the move, you'll love it I'm sure.
Just be prepared for a slower pace of life.....'Norfolk Time' is a thing
The slower pace of life is one of the main reasons why we're looking to move there. We want out of thurrock as it's just too busy here. For a couple years now we've been looking for somewhere more in the countryside and quieter, whilst still having good connections back to Essex and also Milton Keynes where our family are, and found Norfolk to be the perfect place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Hi Rick
I was born at Attleborough and most of our family live in Thetford as did Jan and myself before our west country explorations and we're now back living in Cambridgeshire close to both the Norfolk/Suffolk borders. I know the area as well as most and more than happy to help with information if needed, you probably still have my number so feel free to give me a call if you want to have a chat.
At least "Redfive" knows her way around the area..lol
Cheers Ian
Cheers Ian, I will give you a call some time to get some insights, thank you

Yes aha she'll be returning to the area and probably will be settling not far from you
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote