View Single Post
Old 6th July 2021, 13:00   #6
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Not done much looking into these and won't be looking into them any further now with them being a MOT failure since January this year. However I have used this brand once before (Katur) and they were very good: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392995951...Cclp%3A2334524

Tried some cheaper ones a couple years ago and they were absolutely useless.

Also when fitting them to dipped beams they should only be fitted to halogen projector dipped beam lamps. DO NOT fit them to halogen reflector style lamps as you will be blinding oncoming cars.

Fitting LED dipped beam or main beam bulbs to a halogen housing is now a MOT failure though. However, in practice if you've installed them to halogen projector units and have fitted the bulb access caps then there's no way the MOT tester can really check for sure if you have LED bulbs fitted and therefore can't fail. The MOT tester is not allowed to remove any caps or panels etc to check.

Same principle as decat's/dummy cats on diesels. The MOT tester can only do a visual check to ensure these items are fitted. If you've gutted your cat but the shell is still there then the MOT tester can't fail it.

If you'd like brighter better performing headlights I recommend going for factory xenons and ensure the lenses are clean/refurbished to get the best out of them.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote