View Single Post
Old 20th September 2016, 19:14   #22
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisman View Post
That's a fantastic write-up!

I wish it had existed when I fitted heated/electric seats to my car, as I went down the 'take a damn loom out of a donor car' route...

I can confirm that it's a complete pain & seemed to need most of the interior & dash removing... I ended up modifying my colossal loom anyway, to make re-installation easier.

Also, I didn't fancy a stuck seat-switch flattening the battery or starting a fire...
So I ran the live feed from a 12v supply that comes on with the ignition.

Questions:

Anyway, my seats are the non-memory type.

If I wanted to fit a memory driver's seat, would I need to convert the system so that it's always on, with a permeant live supply?

I would assume that the memory bit needs a permanent live, or is that taken care of by the K Bus link? (I'd guess not, as it seem the K Bus link wire is optional).

Would the memory be retained if just the memory part had a permanent live?
Thanks James

It is a bit of a mission to remove the original loom isn't it? I couldn't believe how far back I had to remove the dash in order to get to the loom and still I had to cut it from one end and pull it through on the other as it was just impossible to get to.

I'm not too sure what the answer is to your question unfortunately. I believe the OEM set up had a permanent live powering the memory function on the drivers seat.

Do you know if the loom you fitted included the wiring for the memory function on the seats? If so it may be worth trying out a memory seat and see if it works.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote