View Single Post
Old 20th September 2016, 21:23   #24
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisman View Post
:lol: yes... I managed to get quite close to the fusebox, but by that point it was like unknotting cruise-liner mooring rope so, as I had something that included all the connections (both sides) plus all the heated seat switch connections, I gave up & cut the rest!

As it was a scrap donor car, (MY scrap donor car! ) cutting carpet & removing dash, centre console & a whole heap more was hardly an issue.
The seats were out anyway as they were going into my car. (I also learned the hard way that you need to keep them powered to unbolt them from the floor!).

No, it didn't. The seat connector had the holes for additional wires, but they weren't populated.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to run a couple of extra wires to power-up the memory, (I'd need the additional connector anyway) & if the cars came from the factory with the seats wired to a permanent live, they must've been fairly sure that my concerns about fire & flat batteries aren't really an issue!
Mine was my own scrap donor car too, took me about 4 days spending a couple hours at time removing it.

Not sure which pins in the main black 8 pin plug are for the memory function apart from pin 6 which is the K-bus. I guess you could use my wiring diagram to work out which wires you require that are missing .

The later cars were wired to permanent live, as my dad's 04 plate 75 has factory fitted electric memory seats which can be operated without the key in the ignition
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote