View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 11:05   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

I'm not sure where it was parked for 5 years, it might have been on a driveway close to a hedge, which I think was the case as the underside looks pretty clean when I had a little look, and the passenger side of the car was in a much worse state cover in moss than the driver's side. Will get the car up off the ground on the weekend and take a good look around

It is a lovely looking car, after giving it a wash over the weekend I just had a good walk round it amazed at how nice the paintwork came up. I need to give it a good polish and paint restoration yet so it will come up much better yet. Even the neighbours noticed it and complemented the colour.

I think the first job will be to remove the interior and carpet and see how much damage has been done underneath. And then to try and solve the electrical issues before moving onto the bigger things like the brakes.

Yeah very torn by this one, the last one I broke was a definite breaker as it was completely rotten to bits and the bodywork was in a state, but this one is lovely on the outside, and to be honest the inside is lovely too apart from the wet carpets, damp marks and ruined rear seats which can all be sorted.

I've taken a look at the MOT history, and it's had a very good MOT record. Only failed twice which was on silly things, work tyre and blown bulb.

Here's the MOT records:

Oh that also reminds me, the other reason why I don't fancy breaking it is due to it's relatively low mileage. It had 80k miles on its last MOT, not sure how much it was driven after that but could find out from the mileage stored in the LSM. I doubt it's any higher than 85k miles.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote