View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 15:17   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Help

If anyone has any suggestion or advice on how I should tackle the following issues I'd really appreciate it

- Issue with the brakes - the brakes don't work at all due to being sat for 5 years, really have to stamp hard on the brakes and the pedal goes very low down. When the scrappy went to collect the car they said one rear calliper had seized. Would new brake disks and pads all round fix this or would callipers and other bits need replacing?

- The aircon doesn't work and shows up "err" on the display. Where should I start with this? Never had this issue before myself.

- The engine idle's a little high at times. On start up the revs go up to about 1.5k to 2k revs for about 1 - 2 seconds and then settles down to idle just below 1k revs. Is this normal on a v6? Also, every now and again it decides to idle above 1k revs, usually around 1.5k revs after being run for a few minutes. Any ideas what this could be?

- The indicator stalk isn't working at all. The indicators don't work and neither does the full beam. Has anyone had this before? Seems like an electrical issue.

- I've dried the boot out but the wipers still like to turn on by themselves now and again, although it's doing it a lot less now that the boot is dry. Would disconnecting the satnav drives solve this issue?

- For those who have had their satnav drives swimming in water, are they done for once they've been wet or can they be dried out and working again? I'm pretty sure mine are going to be absolutely shot but just wondering what to do?

I'll probably have more questions as and when I notice more issues

Many thanks!
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 21st June 2016 at 15:20..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote