View Single Post
Old 28th February 2021, 19:29   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Rick

Will you please stop it

Everytime you post something I think ,that's cool , I will have to do that as well now.
I'm glad I live a fair distance from you or I would have some explaining to do to the boss .

One day I will pay you a visit for some bits
Keep up the good work

Stan
Haha my apologies I do get told every time I do a mod I end up costing someone money spending on mods

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
That looks really well, and a helluva a lot tidier than my own, something I have been wanting to tidy up' for a few years now, perhaps doing a full sub mould into the side, and struts on the hatch (21mm marine ply is not light! lol). I never considered using another marque's handle, makes it so much nicer, I had hoped to use the original handle, but made do with the original carpet, as the acoustic cloth matched it too. Mine has a a cut out in the right hand corner to lift for spare wheel access.

Cheers I've just used a piano hinge on mine and the board is pretty light so easy to lift. I've seen one done before using the floor and strut from a tourer which worked well. I wanted a nicer looking handle and the one on my original floor was broken anyway and found that nice chrome one on ebay

I have a custom sub enclosure in my typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
That's a neat idea - looks tidy too

I'd like to do something like that but don't think I have quite enough room to get a usable hinged floor in..

How do you keep your sub from sliding around? I've used velcro tape which seems to work ok.

Cheers,
Karl.
Thanks The sub is just the right size that it wedges in place between the boot floor and the metal part at the top so doesn't move about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
That looks a lot neater than the original arrangement, the boot floor is such a fiddle to lift up particularly with the flaps at the side if you've got stuff in the boot. Not to mention the hardboard type material is prone to warping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames View Post
Looks pretty clever. I'd like to do this myself just for the occasional check of the spare wheel well to see all is dry down there. I usually have a boot full of stuff so lifting the board up is a pain in the rear!
Yes I hate having to completely empty the boot to get to the spare wheel well. I store quite a bit in there such as a bottle of water, some tools etc so handy now I can get to them much more easily. Yes that's true, another reason why I wanted to do this as the original boot floor was warped.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote