View Single Post
Old 13th May 2020, 14:43   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default New! Led illuminated gear knobs!

Something I've been trying to get for my own ZT for some time now. I'm now offering these LED illuminated gear knobs.

I currently have one fitted to my ZT, and very happy with it. Fits on tight and securely. Size wise it's very close to the original ZT gear knob size. It's mounted via 3 small allen key bolts that screw on to the gear shaft (see last pic below). These can then be hidden under the leather gaiter.

Available in either standard leather or perforated leather.

LED colour options available in Blue, Red, Green, Amber (matches the factory amber dash lighting in the 75/ZT), or white.

Two dial face designs available as shown in the pics below. The one in the 1st two pics is the same design as on the original ZT gear knob (see original vs new comparison in 1st pic). Other custom designs may be possible such as an MG logo.

These are available for any car, I just need to know the gear shaft size on your car (length and diameter) to supply the correct size to fit to your car.

Wiring is very easy and straight forward, 2 wires positive and negative for the LED. simply connect to any sidelight and earth wire. Mine is wired to the lock/unlock button in the center console.

These are £35 posted in the UK (can post outside of UK at additional cost).

For now I'd just like to get a feel for how much interest there is in these. As I will most likely take orders for these as a group buy due to the many different shaft size, dial face design, leather style and LED colour option requirements.

Let me know below if you'd be interested in one.

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote