View Single Post
Old 26th September 2021, 18:59   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue75 View Post
Hi, Apologies for double posting- realise now that asking in an old thread may get lost and go unseen by people.... https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...3&postcount=27

I have recently bought a CDTi tourer (2005) that has Xenon Technology lettering in the headlight housing AND a light switch module with a headlight levelling dial.

The light from the projector dipped beam is very poor and the levelling dial works - a little. The LSM is showing a mismatch when connected to TOAF.

I'm unsure of the best way to proceed- should I get an LSM without the headlight levelling, would it require coding to the car? Any advice would be appreciated, not aware of T4 local to me (Falkirk)...

When you say the LSM is showing a mismatch on Toaf, what does it not match with exactly? The vin number should match other modules such as the IPK (IKE on Toaf) and the EWS. You'd only get a vin mismatch if someone has swapped the LSM before without coding it in or any of the other modules.

From what you're saying it sounds like someone has swapped out the factory halogen headlights for xenon ones, which is fine as they work plug and play and work with the level thumb wheel on the LSM. The LSM does not have anything to do with the brightness of your headlights.

In regards to light output being poor, the factory xenons on our cars aren't that great compared to what's available on newer cars especially from around 2010 on wards. What can help is ensure your headlight lenses are nice and clean and not faded or are in need of a refurb. Also if the xenon burners have been changed before, some cheap burners are terrible and offer far less light output. The factory burners say Philips on them. Another problem is the projector lenses get cloudy on both sides of the fish eye lens, cleaning the glass lens makes a big difference but requires removing the projector lens.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 26th September 2021 at 19:01..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote