View Single Post
Old 21st April 2020, 19:27   #29
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Lighting modification

Another little modification I've done is set up the mg7 tail light rings and number plate lights to turn on when i unlock the car. This goes quite nicely with the red halo rings in the headlights and fog lights which were already set up to turn on when the car is unlocked. I've also set up the backlighting on the instrument cluster and dash clock to turn on when the car is unlocked, something I also done on my Typhoon a few years ago.

Here's a video of the mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdXM...ature=youtu.be

For those with a sharp eye will notice the indicators on the MG7 tail lights are where the reverse lights normally are in the video. This is a little modification I done a month or so ago, to switch the location of the indicator bulbs with the reverse light bulbs. As standard the indicators on these MG7 tail lights are located in the center of the red rings, which is fine in the day but can make the indicator difficult to see at night. To solve this I've switch the indicators with the reverse lights so now the indicators are very clear and the reverse lights are clearly visible to see as well (as white inside the red rings is easier to see than amber inside the red rings was - far less of a clash in colours).

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote