View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2017, 17:23   #18
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Bi-xenon quad xenon dipped beam upgrades with white, amber and blue halo rings

A good friend of mine local to me here had been interested in a set of my halo ring headlights for quite some time, and finally went for a set a couple months back. However he wanted to go for something a little different. The set up requirement was that there be 3 halo ring colours, white for DRL use, amber to work with the indicators and blue for show use.

Not a problem I said ... well after hours and hours of work I was able to come up with this. 2 sets of halo rings fitted to each projector, a large white + amber switch back halo ring with a blue halo ring fitted inside it.

Blue + White

White

Amber

Blue

Here's how they look fitted.

These have been set up so that when the car is unlocked, the blue halo rings switch on. Looks pretty cool when you're walking up to your car in a car park

When the ignition is switched on the blue halo rings switch off and the white halo rings switch on as the daytime running lights. The amber halo rings flash whenever the indicators are applied, and the while halo rings for that side switch off whilst the amber halo rings flash with the indicator.

There are two switches inside the car to control the halo rings. One switch switches the power source from ignition live to permanent live, and the other switch switches the colour of the halo rings from white to blue. This so that at shows the halo rings can be left switched on
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote