View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 19:29   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starway View Post
Does the cruise switch illuminate like the rest of the instruments or only a green led when it’s on. I can only remember seeing a green led next to it when it’s on ?
Quote:
Hi can anyone tell me the cruise control colour wires that go to the main switch ? To make sure I have the right wire going to the cruise control master switch. Mine seems to have a thick green wire that no one else has mentioned when I have been searching.

This is the 6 pin wire I’m talking about, the one that goes to the back of the switch.
Quote:
Hi,

I checked the switch with the sidelights and it does not illuminate with them.

Thanks
The amber backlight on the cruise control switch should illuminate whenever your sidelights are on. When you press the cruise control switch the green indicator LED on the switch will illuminate to indicate that cruise is enabled.

The wires for the cruise control master switch plug are:

Pin 1: white/blue wire (goes to the interior fuse box - fuse 26 - worth checking just in case it's blown)
Pin 2: red/white wire sidelight circuit. This is for the amber illumination on the switch
pin 3: black (earth)
pin 5: blue/orange (goes to the cruise control ECU)

Since your switch is not lighting up at all, I would check the pins on the plug for the switch to ensure none are bent.

It could be the pins on the little black switch inside may have a bad connection, this is something I have to check when I reassemble the center console switches after doing LED colour conversions. You can carefully take the switch apart to access the little black switch, the black switch just pulls off and there are 4 small pins. Push these little pins outwards a tiny bit and then refit to the switch and test it.

I think there's a connection issue at the plug for your cruise control switch, as you say the amber backlighting and the green indicator LED both don't work.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote