View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:55   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default heated rear screen wiring question

I have a question regarding the wiring for the heated rear screen. As many of you will know I done a batch run of heated windscreens for our cars and am currently in the process of making 25 wiring looms for them. As one of the options, I'm thinking of setting up the wiring loom so that the front heated screen comes on when the rear heated screen is switched on, effectively running both off the same switch.

Now if I were to set up a relay enable to do this, I need to wire my trigger wire for the relay to a feed which would be live whenever the rear heated screen is switched on. Looking at the wiring diagram on Rave for the heated rear screen, the diagram shows that Pins C0662-7 and C0662-5 on the AC panel are part of the heated rear screen wiring and go to the BCU, from which C0660-14 goes from the BCU to the rear windscreen.

If i splice into either of these cables to run a feed from for the trigger for my relay, would it work? Are these two wires (C0662-7 and c0662-5 on the AC panel) only live whenever the rear heated screen is switched on?

Attached is the wiring diagram.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks,
Rick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf heated rear screen.pdf (259.6 KB, 21 views)
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote