View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 13:48   #17
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Just a thought - does the Tourer use a different BCU to the saloon? I would assume the external tailgate release button connects to the BCU and doesn't set off the alarm if pressed when the car is locked.
According to rave the pin C0660-48 goes from the BCU to the interior boot release switch on the saloon model and on the tourer model it goes to the switch on the tailgate glass screen. Which doesn't make sense to me why it goes to the tailgate glass switch as I'm pretty sure a lot of earlier tourers had the same boot release switch as the saloons in the front footwell before it was deleted on later models? The wiring diagrams for the earlier models up to 2003 and then the later wiring diagrams for 2004 on wards models both show the same wiring set up.

It also says pin C0660-44 goes to the switch-release-Fuel flap/luggage compartment (no idea what it's referring to there as there's no switch for the fuel flap?) on the saloon modes, and goes to the tail door switch on the tourer models.

So as far as I can tell, there's no wiring at the boot you can just tap into to do this mod, as the loom for the saloon models appears to be different than the tourer models.

Quote:
You can save 1/2 of the wiring. I've just been scouring the circuit diagrams. The Release switch on the A-post has 2 wires. One wire is connected to the BCU (pin 1, coloured KS). The other wire is connected to Earth (pin 6, coloured B).
When operated, a momentary earth is made for the BCU. So you only need to add another wire to (ie splice into) the KS on pin 1, and run this to the new switch on the boot lid. Of course you still have to get a local earth to connect to the other contact of the new switch, but it saves work running 2 wires all the way through.
I've been meaning to do this mod for ages, having previously seen it done before, but hadn't looked up the details, just left it on the roundtuit pile. However I'm now pressured into it as my boot lock has gone faulty. Since I bought the car, the key needed a much longer turn to do its action, in recent times this has since failed. I guess something plastic has broken, and the actuating lever now doesn't work. That too is on the roundtuit pile, but I like the idea of the pushbutton anyway.
Thanks

Stewart
Yes that is true you although the pin numbers on my rave diagram doesn't match the pin numbers you've said. A green/red wire runs from pin 2 on the switch to pin 48 on plug C0660 on the BCU. The black wire runs from pin on the switch to an earth. So yes you only need to run a wire from the green/red wire on the switch to your new boot switch, and can then just earth it in the boot. I used a twin core cable I had spare so just took both connections from the two wires at the switch which was no extra effort.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote