View Single Post
Old 24th February 2021, 16:45   #115
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Little update from me Martin after our call yesterday.

I done a test on redfive today. Popped the bonnet open and then locked the car with the fob whilst I held the bonnet switch pressed down so it would think the bonnet is shut. Waited about 10 seconds and then took my finger off the switch to set the alarm off. If I then attempt to unlock the car with the key in the driver's door lock it unlocked fine.

I then done the test again, set the alarm off and disconnected the battery (to replicate having a flat battery) and I was still able to unlock the driver's door with the key in the lock.

So sadly my theory of maybe the locks not allowing you to unlock the driver's door with the key if the car is locked with the fob and the alarm's going off and the battery is dead didn't work unfortunately.

So still baffled as to why we were both unable to unlock the door with the key in the driver's lock when the battery died.

My door lock works perfectly fine. But when my battery died the door lock restricted how far I could turn the key in the lock. So to unlock the car via the keylock I can turn the key 90 degrees clockwise to unlock it. However when the battery died, I was only able to turn the key 45 degrees clockwise. It could not be turned any further no matter how hard I tried without breaking the key fob.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote